Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Ranieri is sacked (which is looking like more of a possibility) then shall we start thinking about who the press is mentioning and who you would like to see?

Press is talking about:

Roberto Donadoni
Roberto Mancini
Ciro Ferrara
Antonio Conte
Gianluca Vialli

The above would be care takers for the remainder of the season.

The following are being talked about as long term replacements:

Prandelli
Spalletti
Arsene Wenger

Well guys, start the speculation!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I could imagine Juve going for a temporary replacement for the year, someone like Donadoni or Vialli could take this job, giving them a contract until the season ends and review how they did. Of course by the end of the season Juve could then go for Prandelli or Spalletti.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I would love to see rijkaard at juve. As for prandelli, he’s good coach but I really don’t see him coming here as he has stated before that he wants to stick with forentina. So does spalletti.. and wenger too. While both donadoni and mancini for me are losers and not to mention they play boring football as well.

That leaves us with ferrara, conte and vialli, all were ex-juve players. As for being real juve champions, I would love to see them guiding the team, but maybe as a 2nd man. A perfect candidate for a manager for me would be rijkaard, benitez or deschamps.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't like Spalletti .. he is a one way tactician

he always plays attacking football which is good for us fans, however, his system didnt work efficiently because he is not that good in building a compact, good defensively team.

In today's teams I like Man u way of playing ( attacking football + difficult to score against them) and Chelsea (efficient football + excellent defense)

I think Prandelli and Rijkaard are the best possible options

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Ronald Koeman.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Joshua, never been as tempted to ban you.

Besides my dream choice of Wenger, and most realistic and best choice for next season in Prandelli, I wouldnt mind getting Pellegrini or Hiddink.

But the main crux is getting a interim coach for the remainder of the season. And yeah, since we cant be that fussy, I also think Spalletti and Rijkaard are the best choices there. Unless Ciro is suprisingly enough competent choice off the bat. It happens occasionally, Pep isnt too bad for Barca, and Lippi and Ancelotti though had minor jobs before Juve, were total rookies mostly when they came to us and became top coaches.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Pellegrini would be sweet as hell.

Villarreal, despite some flair, play the most 'Italian' of all Spanish teams. The defense and midfield do not do a ton of a running because they are tactically set up very well. They don't risk too many offside traps and just believe in the quality of their defending and organization. He's great with young talent and his squads always play good football.

I think he'd be a great choice, but he seems in love with the Yellow Submarine. I am sure the temptation of Juventus would be huge, but his owner turned down offers that accumulated over 100 M Euro this past summer straight from his mouth. It's a sign of trust and support in Pellegrini's system. The management have always backed his decisions, evidenced by the boot to Riquelme and the signing of Pires when their fans did not want him signed at all. He has a good thing going and would likely only come if the offer was right.

Cracking choice though, IMO.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
We should be able to make the right offer I hope. Plus if Villareal finds CL to be too much of a task for them (many non traditional top teams falter in the league they arent used to the burden of CL, Villareal did themselves last time they went far), he might want to go to a club that has higher ceiling in what they can achieve (Because even if they have become a powerhouse in La Liga, its not to the lenght of winning over Real IMO).

But yeah, I have been VERY VERY impressed with his work in Villareal in the past few years. Not a flashy coach, but a very competent one in team building. Builds a solid tactical structure with defense first, but without being boring at all, but plays a decent balanced football (on the contrary, a team that is the typical negative stereotype of spanish football is Atletico, attractive flairy football, with no foundation and tactical make up, just a huge mess that falters defensively from the midfield down).

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
There are lots of options. It all depends on the managements willingness to buy out whichever coach is identified as the right one, which is why I don't buy the "but.. but.. but.. there are no great replacements!"
Even in the event of someone assuming a caretaker role, I have lost faith in Ranieri to the extent that I think most any change is better assuming the replacement has not been dogged by consistent failure in the past.

Currently we need someone who can motivate and fire up players and has a decent/good track record with youngsters.
Among the people mentioned... I'm afraid Hiddink would be out of our price range, but I would REALLY like to see him at Juve (for some reason I think Rijkaard is too flegmatic and 'nice' for the Juve job). Deep down I don't believe that the club will consider a non-Italian though, and I think Prandelli will be heavily targeted for next season. Which would be fine too.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Am I the only one against Rijkaard?

My ideal but unrealistic choice would be Prandelli.

My realistic choice that would please me greatly is Gasperini.

I would settle for Benitez.

Ferrara? A huge risk, but my gut (or is it my heart?) feels like he would be perfect.

Mancini would make me cringe and maybe it's my heart that doesn't want him.

Spalletti would be a slight improvement I think, when we need a massive improvement.

Donadoni? We might as well stick with Ranieri.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Prandelli is first choice...I wouldn't mind Mazzari either...

Hiddink is the dream, but unattainable...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Former Inter coach Roberto Mancini spent the night wining and dining with Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli and chief executive Jean Claude Blanc and he may replace Claudio Ranieri by the end of the week, according to Calciomercato.com... (goal.com)

WOW !!! what a suprise !!!!

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Hmmm, I'd welcome Mancini anyway, surely he's Inter scum, but he's a winner.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
The only positive point if he goes to you lot is ..... payment from Inter to him will cease. :neutral:

... and thats just about it. I prefer him to coach mancity

Also Moggi will have a lot to say .....:D

btw.. Juande Ramos in on the edge....

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Hmmm, I'd welcome Mancini anyway, surely he's Inter scum, but he's a winner.

YEs, he won the lottery of being the coach of Inter at the right time. Hies meltdown at the end of the last season is something i dont want to seee here.
Prandelli, Juande Ramos... Gasperini is a curious option too.

Wenger is too old to be long term replacement oof any kind and of course he wont come here anyway.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
yea, Ramos is another name that is intriguing, eventually the stink of his tottenham spell will wear off...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Former Inter coach Roberto Mancini spent the night wining and dining with Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli and chief executive Jean Claude Blanc and he may replace Claudio Ranieri by the end of the week, according to Calciomercato.com... (goal.com)
That would just be such a piss take emotionally...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts