Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the end of the season, we win the league tittle, right? since we have better results in lazio-juve matchup this season.

i am not really sure if it is the case. if anyone knows how to determine the champion if we are level, please let me know.

in 92-93 season, fiolentina and udinese both finished up with 30 points and were level in the 14th place. fiolentina relugated because of their poor head to head match-ups with udinese, despite they had way much better goal difference.

2 seasons later, same situation happened to genova. but this time, they went to a 1-game playoff.

i guess this topic would be much more popular if i post it 2 weeks ago, but we still have little chance. there are something that you never know...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, there would be a one game play off at a neutral venue.

I'm not sure if they would have a replay or go to extra time/penalties if this was tied though. Mattias??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
extra time & penaltys ?????
:) thats the stupiest thing i've ever heard. Noone plays penaltys at the end of season ! you win the league if you have the most goals scored and the less received !

FORZA LAZIO !!!
FORZA MIHAJLOVIC !!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually there is a playoff game if juve and Lazio ends at the same time. And I think that if the game is drawn, then the game would go to extratime and the penalties.

Goals scored and conceded goals during the season has nothing to do with it sslazio11 ....

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
What I know of the rules is the same as the one that AngeloB pointed out.
And as for the use of goal for-against and goal difference, they matter in other leagues but Serie A has a different rule here. So perhaps in Serie A the use is just for a)statistics! b)temporary league position during the season? Can't think of why theyplace little value in goal for-against and goal difference, either...

·
Registered
555 Posts
This is a hard one.
And after asking many people who should really know I got the answer :)
But it's not 100% sure. :( ... only 99% :)

If Lazio and Juve ends up with the same points, a playoff game would be played on a neutral field to decide the winner of the league !
If the game ends with a draw, the game would go to extratime and then, if needed, penalties.

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AngeloB ok, sorry mi mistake...

FORZA LAZIO !!!
FORZA MIHAJLOVIC !!!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
does this apply to champions league places in the serie a?
like if lets say parma and milan are both equal fourth but milan has a better goal difference would there be a playoff?

so it wouldnt make a difference if we lost 1-0 or 1000000000-0 in the league

it just seems very stupid for me

my competition goes on for and against at least :) :) :)

FORZA LAZIO!

[This message has been edited by EL MATADOR (edited 29-04-2000).]

·
Registered
555 Posts
El Matador,
Yes it's the same to stay clear from relegation and fight for a CL place. Playoff games are used in those cases.

If Parma ends on third place (likely, bu they have to beat Juve :)), and then Milan and Inter ends on the same points, Inter and Milan would play a playoff game to qualify for the CL of next season ....

Winning 1-0 or 10000000000000-0 doesn't matter :)

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts