Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we know man u are gonna buy defenders this summer, but with all the speculation of veron making an exit, do u think that man u would go after any one to replace him!?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
it would probably be a more counter-attacking player. apparently the ayala deal is already done and dusted. someone like rosicky would be an excellent signing if we could get him.

·
Registered
775 Posts
HE WON'T

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Beef, i think Rosicky is a gun player and he would be great to have. But i think the way Man U play, there is only room for one attacking midfielder, which is Scholes. Rosicky wouldnt join if he is guarenteed a starting place.

what Man U would need is to find a top versitile midfielder, who has the ability to attack, defend, play on a wing etc.....and who isn't going to force you to change your scholes, becks, keane and giggs set up.

i know its hard to find players like that, but you cant afford to do what you did with veron. Unless you start changing your formation.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rosicky !???? hmmm never heard of him, can some one gimme more detaile bout him!???

oh yeh another thing, much as id hate to say it, but im REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALy looking forward to bayren munich next year. what an AWESOME midfield they have, almost comparable to man u's

scholl, jeremies, hargreaves, ballack, deisler, ze roberto!!!!!!!!!!!dont get much better!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rosicky is one of the best midfielders imo. He's a Czech who plays for Dortmund. He's been tagged thier playmaker, and rightfully so. He's simply amazing.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
We need to rebuild the defence i feel we have the fire power to be the best, but we need a rock solid defence ,sort of like liverpool's.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Russell said:
We need to rebuild the defence i feel we have the fire power to be the best, but we need a rock solid defence ,sort of like liverpool's.
we can't afford to buy a 10-man defense, that's just nonsense.:D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
ManU > EPL said:

If we had a 10-man defense, we'd have to move to Serie A!
perhaps liverpool should move out there. it might give us an extra 6 points each season:D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Why are we even having this discussion? As far as I know Veron is not leaving, then why are we even discussing who might replace Veron?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
it's unlikely that veron will be leaving, but at the same time juve are showing alot of interest in him, with the possibility of getting thuram in exchange. with kenyon originally scared off by the £20m
price tag it would certainly be a welcome solution, that is ofcourse if we can get rid of veron.

·
International
9,526 Posts
shahed_k said:
Why are we even having this discussion? As far as I know Veron is not leaving, then why are we even discussing who might replace Veron?
speculation is one of the mainstays of the football fan. What could be, what might be, what should have been, these are all things we engage in when we enter here. Its interesting, and lets face it, its all we've got till the season starts again:)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Fred Elliot said:

speculation is one of the mainstays of the football fan. What could be, what might be, what should have been, these are all things we engage in when we enter here.
i think we should create a daily segment in this forum where our magnificent leader gives us a philosophical insight into his great mind.;) :D

N

·
0 Posts
Well the Thuram-Veron part exchange could be a possible switch. Both are of roughly the same value and both are discontent at their respective clubs.

Juventus are in need of a playmaker of Veron's calibre and Man Utd are in need of a defender of Thuram's class. And since both are currently playing positions other than what they would like to play in, that could figure in heavily. Thuram has been whinging a bout playing central D ever since he came to Turin and Veron is not playing in the position that can optimise his skills, which is as a playmaker.

But for a deal like that to go thru Juve would need to get either Alessandro Nesta from Lazio or Fabio Cannavaro from Param to replace him. And if Veron performs well in the World Cup Man U might be less inclined to sell him (which i doubt tho).

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
We paid 28 million pounds for Veron, and even though he had a bad season with us everyone knows we can sell him for AT LEAST the same value if not more. Alot of clubs would pay 28+ for him (especially if he has a good WC), so no way we could exchange Veron for only Thuram (sorry but Thuram is not rated at 28 million however good he is). If such a deal were to happen you'd have to give Thuram+money, anything less or we could as well sell him to Barca/Real/<insert random top club in the world> for 30+ million pounds.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Veron will have a good WC. And then we can stuff him back on some continental team, probably Barcelona or Inter for almost twice what we paid. I honestly don't think it would be a huge loss, past performances aside. There's a lot a club could do with 28mm. Plus, if he has a good tournament, Fergie and the board could save face by saying that they'd be foolish not to capitalize on his sky high market value. I'd say it's currently 60/40 for Veron to stay with United. But if he has a good WC and Argentina win the Cup, the odds drop to 40/60.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts