Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What i mean is that would it be good if UEFA Cup teams could have a chanse to play in the CL? Teams form the CL that fnish 3rd in the group stage have a chanse to win the UEFA cup but IMO it would be cool to see the strongest UEFA cup teams playing in the CL.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I think the CL should be changed back to a knockout competition and that the only teams playing in the CL should be the ones that qualified properly.

If this doesnt happen, I think the UEFA cup should be scrapped as it seems to be devalued and of no interest at the moment!

I preffered it the way it was 10 years ago - both cups had more 'kudos' to them back then.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think the CL is perfect as it is now, the UEFA Cup i think is rubbish, but it would be even worse without the CL clubs going into it later.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The problem with the UEFA cup is that the bigger the Champions League gets, the more it directly takes away from the UEFA cup. Since there are now only 2 tournaments, they should slighty alter the balance of teams so that more of the good teams go into the UEFA cup.

To help, they should also market the UEFA cup as they do the CL, with centralised TV rights and sponsorships. Make it seem like it does matter, instead of something that is barely more interesting than a domestic cup competition.

·
Registered
69,732 Posts
Deo said:
Something needs to be done, UEFA cup is just plain boring.
CL seem more predictable to me, and more boring if you ask me. The only problem with UEFA Cup is the money. From the economic point of view is a disaster and it´s a pity.

It would be better if only 2 teams from each strong league play in CL and not 4. UEFA Cup would be better.

UEFA Cup shouldn´t dissappear as CWC; football, in the pure essence, is dying if that happens.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The Uefa Cup is only there to give smaller teams a chance to achieve glory in Europe or the managers/players of bigger teams a second chance to redeem themselves from a bad season imo.
With the expansion of the CL the uefa cup holds almost no meaning at all, and the layout is just a joke, don't know what they were thinking there.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
They should bring back the Winners Cup, go back to the old format of the CL, where only the top 2 teams of leagues qualify.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts