Xtratime Community banner

If this Spain squad wins another World Cup...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
47,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically we would have a team with the same nucleus of key players winning an unprecedented 4th big title in a row. this has never been achieved before and would cement this team's place as the greatest international squad ever. :thmbup:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Me vote is for Tahiti.

·
Errant Wolf
1,244 Posts
Eufemiano Fuentes' legacy will live on forever :musik:
Dr. Fuentes was arrested by the spanish police in 2006, I wonder how he managed to influence in La Roja's success from 2008 to 2012 being already under the eye of the police and the international press.

But don't worry, Spain is not winning the next WC and Mr. Fuentes will always be an international celebrity anyways thanks to lowlifes from tiny loser countries like you.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Eufemiano Fuentes' legacy will live on forever :musik:
...doping or not, sthg that EVERYBODY does, they played great football and great BIG matches to achieve such results..I won't take even the slightest credit from them even if Fuentes nailed them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
The 2008 team is one of my all-time favourites, though the 2010 and 2012 teams winning as well seemed more to highlight just how weak this current international era is.i certainly wasn't buying all the hype about them playing beautiful football at those tournaments.

Don't get me wrong they were still very good tough to beat sides that could compete in any era, but not particularly memorable or inspiring imo.Not a side i watched and thought "these guys are the best international side i've ever seen" not by a long shot.

If Italy had not been such an embarassment in the second half of that final, i think more focus would have fallen on them stinking the place out with slow defenisve possession football for the rest of the tournament(other than against the punching bag irish).

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
what she said

·
1st Tier Poster
47,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 2008 team is one of my all-time favourites, though the 2010 and 2012 teams winning as well seemed more to highlight just how weak this current international era is.i certainly wasn't buying all the hype about them playing beautiful football at those tournaments.

Don't get me wrong they were still very good tough to beat sides that could compete in any era, but not particularly memorable or inspiring imo.Not a side i watched and thought "these guys are the best international side i've ever seen" not by a long shot.

If Italy had not been such an embarassment in the second half of that final, i think more focus would have fallen on them stinking the place out with slow defenisve possession football for the rest of the tournament(other than against the punching bag irish).
True, the Aragones team of 2008 was the only one playing beautiful football. They weren't that impressing in WC2010 but a lot of it could be blamed on Del Bosque whose tactical and lineup choices were criticized a lot during the tourney. In Euro2012 the football also wasn't that special. Although then again if you keep the majority of possession plus are defensively solid then you don't need a goal galore to win. In a way they're playing the percentages and it works.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Most successful international team maybe. I'll reserve the "greatest" tag for a team that doesn't spend every game passing sideways and backwards until the opposition get bored and make a mistake. Same applies to you, Barcelona.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
in 2008 and 2012 Italy twice was at least an equal opponent and lacked luck to beat them. in 2008 Spain won on penalties and in 2012 in the group stage it was 1:1.
The Italians betrayed their racial purity by fielding a black player in 2012
the 0-4 loss was well deserved.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Racial Purity..are you a Naxxi ??????? :ass: wow, it doesnt sound very human kind from your part.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.