Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......who will leave? There won't be space on the midfield for everyone. I can't see
any of the players you have sitiing happily on the bench.

Heres my prediction:

Viera. Can't see Wenger letting him go. Absolutley topclass, a player every manager would like on the team.

Petit. Can't see him getting transfered since he works very good with Viera. Only possibility is if he gets tired PL.

Overmars. In the riskzone, but have stated that he won't leave Arsenal.

Ljungberg. Freddie is young and he seems to be part of Wengers plans. But I remember Wenger saying that Freddie don't have that finishing touch that could make him a real topplayer. This was before this season and I thought he changed his mind about Freddie but now his after Pires, and you start wondering why...

If Freddie has a good Euro2000 (which I belive he will) I think he will start demanding things, like refusing sitting on the bench.

Where am I getting at? Well, I have this dream to see Freddie in a white jersey with a Holsten add. I want Freddie at Spurs, so I really hope that Arsenal signs Pires so the midfield will be crowded. Graham is looking for a new att. midfielder and Freddie, with his teamspirit attitude, would be perfect.

Transfers between our clubs aren't something usual ( I know alot of fans would be very upset), but since there are negotiations going on about us buying the talented 18 years old Jay Boothroyd from you maybe something is about to change.

Get Pires, Get rid of Freddie!

C'mon visit the Spurs forum.

B

·
0 Posts
I don't believe Arsenal are under any compulsion to sell any players. If Pires does come, and Overmars is retained at Arsenal. I imagine he will primarily be used on the right side of midfield, and therefore will not be in direct competition with Freddie.

As for him starting to demand things, well I think that the likelyhood of him demanding to join a inconsequential, lower mid-table team, as somewhat slim. However who knows, I hear drugs are readily available in Holland, and perhaps....even in sufficiently large enough supply.

With regards to the Boothroyd 'deal', I think a better description of that would be Arsenal throwing out the garbage, and spurs sniffing around it.

D

·
0 Posts
Arsenal's Patrick Vieira is set to follow his French teammate Emmanuel Petit out of Highbury, according to the Mirror, which added that Italian club Juventus is interested in the 23- year-old midfielder.

B

·
0 Posts
Indeed, Viera was quoted as saying 'It would be bad if he want'(paraphrased...supringly), so clearly he's out the door......

[This message has been edited by blitheid (edited 05-06-2000).]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!! Blitheid, youv'e got to be the most disrespectful arrogant rookie of all times! :(

If you consider Spurs to be a minor team- godd for you. The only thing I can say about that is: Sergei Rebrov.

But calling one of Englands most promising strikers Jay Boothroyd garbage, just like that, with no reasonble argument to back it up is simply braindead.

Here is a quote from the Arsenal homepage:

Head of youthdepartment saying, on why his been transferlisted:

"Although Jay Bothroyd is a highly promising young talent, we will not tolerate this behaviour and consequently, he has been transfer-listed. He is not wanted at this Club anymore."

Gets your facts straght or stop insulting people!!

B

·
0 Posts
Oh, i'm perfectly aware of Boothroyds heritidge, though personaly i've always preferred Osei-kuffour. However, his attitude sucks, and what he did in the final of the u-19s was utterly disgracful, that was the basis on which I referred to him as being garbage, not his lack of talent

And with regard to u having Rebrov, yawn, one or even two good players does not make a good team, it makes a team with one or two good players in it. And if you think otherwise you must be delusional.....hmmmm your a spurz fan right.

[This message has been edited by blitheid (edited 05-06-2000).]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY POINT is if Rebrov signs, Campbell is signing, Anderton has signed, Sullivan has signed.. ´forget it theres no point talking to someone unable to write anything constructive.

Goodnight!

B

·
0 Posts
THEN YOU'LL: have two good players, and sullivan, and anderton, and freund, and ferdinand, and armstrong....etc. Oh I think that I understand completly, cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts