Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone here is a die hard Portugal fan and doesn't care about other teams, but I'll ask this anyway. If Portugal should happen to lose, who do you want to see take the title from EURO 2000? Personally, I am a fan of Italy because their league is one I am able to follow pretty closely. I like Holland, but mainly because I'm a fan of Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard from the classic Milan team of 88-93. What other team would you like to see win?

I suppose I can root for more than one team since my home team, the U.S., blows and will never win anything. I'd like to see Portugal win first, by a long shot, and then I'd like to see Italy win. I suppose I should root for Spain a little bit since I do have some ancestry from there, but I just don't like the team too much. Never the less, I suppose Spain would be my third choice.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To clarify my previous post, I meant to say the U.S. doesn't even play in Euro 2000, so I feel I can root for other teams. I always root for the U.S>, but I must admit thier team is pretty boring and will not win anything for a while. I am interested in many teams, but my passions are with Brazil and Portugal. Funny, since I don't have any Portuguese blood in me.

·
International
5,629 Posts
It will be only Portugal...I can't stand Italy, they play the most boring of games, and always pull results out of their ass. I don't like Germany too much either. I used to enjoy the Dutch play, but so far they have not shown much, and stole a terrible win against the Czechs. France plays the way I like...solid through out with nice passing, although the Portuguese do it better. I'd like to see Spain do better, they have a style similar to ours, and I am still waiting for Raul to show up!

Brazil is the most overrated team in the world. They used to be beautiful to watch, but have not played that style in years. Just look at their recent results for confirmation. Overall next to the Portuguese, the team that plays most beautifully and has superstars overflowing is Argentina! They will be tough in years to come just like Portugal!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Overrated is a bit strong, but I agree that Brazil has not played great football for a while. I too like Argentina, even though they are very poor losers. My all-time favorite player is Maradona, so I always follow the team closely. They look very good and should be good for a long time.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
When Portugal/Canada is out or not participating in a tournament..I cheer for Denmark and Romania.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Yes, I know the full context of over rated. Brazil undeservedly rated number one by FIFA for what exactly?? But FIFA rankings are meaningless anyway. Now don't get me wrong, they have a rich history, and have had the best players in the world, along with the best game in the world...but presently they remind me of Germany. All name and very little game. They used to be beautiful to watch, flowing effortlessly but it seems now that only Portugal, Argentina and France play this style. I saw the Brazil-England friendly not too long ago, and they did not impress, particularly against an english side that has been abused in Euro. But as I said I cheer for the team with the beautiful game, Portugal right now has both beauty and heart! They are sheer JOY!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. I wish I could see the games, but I get no coverage of any sort down here. The pay-per-view package isn't even offered to my knowledge. I would have lovedd to see Portugal crush Germany. I hate the German team.

B

·
0 Posts
If Portugal doesn't win then they can all go to hell! It won't even interest me who wins anymore! I am a Portugal/America supporter and when they are not in it then screw the rest! America is not as bad as people think they are! Sure America is a good while away from winning the world cup but one day we will be the best! One day we will be the best just like at everything else!.....Viva Portugal & Viva America!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts