Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
47,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this ethnic Hungarian born in Serbia ruled women's tennis completely, winning 8 of her 9 GS finals 1990-1993 and relegating Steffi Graf to the second-best position

then came the Hamburg stabbing incident by a deranged Steffi Graf fan:

i-L-ZUac0Z4

the rest is history... Seles was out for 2 years and never regained her previous domination after coming back (although she did win 1996 Aussie Open and was runner-up in 3 more Grand Slam tournaments). Steffi Graf meanwhile continued her reign unopposed.

Do you think Seles could have been the best ever had this unfortunate incident not occurred?

I say yes.

·
Administrator
29,409 Posts
I assume Andy Objective is too assist me to a hat-trick this weekend. It also seems like it is working fine with you.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Awww! Mónika.

I was never so proud than the time she got fined for swearing in Hungarian :proud:
I'm not really like tennis so I don't know how good she was. But people said she was never the same.

She had a lot of mental illness, including PTSD and still struggles to this day. She talks often on Hungarian TV about it.

Andy, how did you know she was Hungarian? Did you see our posts about her or another source?

·
Registered
19,760 Posts
Awww! Mónika.

I was never so proud than the time she got fined for swearing in Hungarian :proud:
I'm not really like tennis so I don't know how good she was. But people said she was never the same.

She had a lot of mental illness, including PTSD and still struggles to this day. She talks often on Hungarian TV about it.

Andy, how did you know she was Hungarian? Did you see our posts about her or another source?
Ante has said it in a number of posts along with praising Orban.

#MHGA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts