Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
No, but Brazil losing on home soil would be hilarious.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could understand the Italy argument since it meant they won it in Brazilian soil. That'd be a big deal

·
*the drum drum*
42,495 Posts
They are one title away from matching Brazil, it isn't as big a gap as you make it sound.

I think they would have to surpass Brazil to be #1, but like you said winning it in Brazil would be a pretty big deal.

Anyway, Italy isn't winning it.

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
They are one title away from matching Brazil, it isn't as big a gap as you make it sound.

I think they would have to surpass Brazil to be #1, but like you said winning it in Brazil would be a pretty big deal.

Anyway, Italy isn't winning it.
Had to ruin it in the end eh?

·
Fourth Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
4,820 Posts
If Italy defet Brazil on way to world cup win in Brazil, then they before Brazil as #1 country of football.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If simply counting WC wins is how you rank NTs, yes. However they have a better WC record, better overall record in other competition, are more consistent, producted greater players, better head-to-head record.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
If simply counting WC wins is how you rank NTs, yes. However they have a better WC record, better overall record in other competition, are more consistent, producted greater players, better head-to-head record.
Should remember that Brazil have NEVER won the 2nd most prestigious title in European football, the European Championship.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
No, but Brazil losing on home soil would be hilarious.
It won't be.
Brazil not winning the last Olympic was hilarious, but the world cup is different, there are others who can deservedly win and outperform Brazil.

Remember, prior to the Confederations Cup even Brazilians didn't think they were favorites.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Italy needs a miracle to be in the final 4... The two spots for the first 4 groups should be taken by Brazil and Spain, any other team needs a miracle to take one of those spots.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
toni

i think it was you , that once said in xt, that when Italy won the World Cup, the Italians newspapers said it would be almost impossible to pass brazil., cause Brazil was Brazil.

but then again, it was in 94, Baggio and Baresi almost did it

its a close call, but italy would only tie.

but we would still be ahead on the fifa World Cup rankings and more classic teams + players throughout history

·
Registered
64,011 Posts
Italy bought their first two World Cups, should have been eliminated from '82 in group play if the rules were followed, and were the weakest winners in history in '06. Brazil won all theirs fairly and even their '82 team is more remembered than the Italians who, I repeat, shouldn't even have been in the knockout round.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Italy bought their first two World Cups, should have been eliminated from '82 in group play if the rules were followed, and were the weakest winners in history in '06. Brazil won all theirs fairly and even their '82 team is more remembered than the Italians who, I repeat, shouldn't even have been in the knockout round.
fairly you say?

ZGwjQqXu_IM

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
It won't be.
Brazil not winning the last Olympic was hilarious, but the world cup is different, there are others who can deservedly win and outperform Brazil.

Remember, prior to the Confederations Cup even Brazilians didn't think they were favorites.
Yeah, but on the other hand, home advantage is huge. Even the English won a World Cup at home. The South Koreans got to the bloody semi-finals! If Brazil can't win at home then laughter is entirely legitimate, despite this not being a particularly strong Brazilian squad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts