Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I 7d$2 Iñaki Sáez, I would chose...

...or at least I would be thinking about Jesuli, Del Horno and Mista for Euro2004.

Jesuli is having a great season, we already got Vicente and Reyes in the left wing, but Jesuli could play also as a attacking midfielder.

Del Horno, Puyol must be central defender, so we need a left back. Del Horno is doing really well, he's young, as the rest of the team. I can't think anyone better for his place not.

Mista, what else can he do to play for the NT?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
if i were the national coach this would be my line up:

casillas
salgado - puyol - helguera - juanfran
braja - alonso
joaquin reyes
valeron
raul

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juanfran has done well, but he's playing more in the left midfield, more than in the left back.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
What do you think about Victor and Valdo for the right wing? Etxebe and Joaquín are crap lately, hope Joseba recovers soon, we miss him.:(

Probably the problem with both Del Horno and Juanfran is that they are very hot tempered, and I don´t know until what point Jaburu will risk a red card with one of them, I´m sure he´ll test them in the friendlies though, Spain needs a left back.

Jesulinho should be in the list for sure, he is the 2nd most talented spanish player after Valerón, and he is in a fantastic form.:star: Plus he can play in different positions, very important for a championship.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Ideally it should be

----------------- Casillas-------------------------
Salgado--Puyol-------Marchena---Del horno-
---------------Albelda--Xabi Alonso-------------
Joaquin----------Valeron----------------Reyes
---------------------Raul---------------------------

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
casillas vs canizares
as you know casillas got cani's seat just becoz of cani's accident in the washroom before wc 02.
do you think casi can really do that by his ability?
my answer is not sure.
and who would be the third goalkeeper?
aranzubia, valdes or juanmi? other than these three, i can't think of anyone else.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Koeman, you read my mind, today in my english class I thought about opening this thread:dazed:. Here it goes, not in any particular order though...

Jesuli- he may not have perfect atributes, but I'm sure with a more quality team he can show everything in his arsenal and alot better.Especially good in times when we're losing, has the balls to shoot unfortunatly their practically never on target.

Xavi-I know he is on/off, but he truly is a brilliant player. The one thing we could really use him for is his great free-kicks.

JuanFran- My first option for left-back. He seems to have actually looked like he would have a reason to be a star left-back rather than just 'the best we have, like it or not' like in WC2002. He may not play Left-back now, but he is a natural one that is reliable.

Morientes- For a couple of reasons. 1, I can't remember a game where nothing happened with him on the pitch. 2, he has maybe the best header of any Spanish player. 3, the guy has the best strike rate on the team other than Raul. But no doubt his technique is awful and he will definetly miss a the open net.

Gabilondo- I know some of you are going to look at me like I am on drugs, well if your thinking that yes I am:D, but it had nothing to do with this. Everytime I've seen him he has creamed Aranzabal at left back, very unoticable but effective for me especially vs. Real last week. He is bigger and stronger than Raul Bravo plus is playing in the CL, so will have big game experience eventually.

If not them, I would say Sergio, Victor, Mista, Tamudo, Tristan, Del Horno all deserve meanchens. Some I didn't put down since we don't need much in that postion like Sergio in CM.

BTW: Molina as 3rd keeper, we can forget his stupid blunder:tongue:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
ÉÃMadridistaÉÃ said:
casillas vs canizares
Casillas is head and shoulders (and feet and anything else!) ahead of Cani now. plus Iker is used to playing infront of a shaky defense, and Spain usually have trouble defending.

Cani plays behind the best defense in Spain probably.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Txupa said:
What do you think about Victor and Valdo for the right wing? Etxebe and Joaquín are crap lately, hope Joseba recovers soon, we miss him.:(

Probably the problem with both Del Horno and Juanfran is that they are very hot tempered, and I don´t know until what point Jaburu will risk a red card with one of them, I´m sure he´ll test them in the friendlies though, Spain needs a left back.
Victor is doing quite well too, the Deportivo wings (also Luque is playing better than ever) are in really good shape. Victor is really talented.

I am doubtful about Valdo, his performances are getting worse each match. If I'm not wrong, he was benched last week.

Originally poseted by ÉÃMadridistaÉÃ
casillas vs canizares
I think there's no question about that. Casillas is the GK without a doubt, IMO. I think Casillas is quite well considered in Spain, but I'm surprised how underrated is in the rest of Europe. I think Casillas is better than Kahn, Howard or Toldo. Casillas can be as good as Buffon.

Originally posted by SPANIARD
Morientes- For a couple of reasons. 1, I can't remember a game where nothing happened with him on the pitch. 2, he has maybe the best header of any Spanish player. 3, the guy has the best strike rate on the team other than Raul. But no doubt his technique is awful and he will definetly miss a the open net.
Morientes should be in the NT. His performances with the NT have been usually good. But Torres is over him, IMO.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Koeman4 said:

I think there's no question about that. Casillas is the GK without a doubt, IMO. I think Casillas is quite well considered in Spain, but I'm surprised how underrated is in the rest of Europe. I think Casillas is better than Kahn, Howard or Toldo. Casillas can be as good as Buffon.
Couldn't say it better myself, i 100% agree! I think because Buffon faired better in the Juve - Madrid match-up last year (though our defense screwed up, not Casillas), Casillas is still not being mentioned mainly in the same breath with Buffon.

Perhaps Buffon is #1 in the world, i don't argue against that. he is a super golie, but Iker isn't really behind him anymore, he is that close to Buffon.

And i still would love to see how Buffon would do playing behind such a crappy defense like Madrids!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Victor is doing quite well too, the Deportivo wings (also Luque is playing better than ever) are in really good shape. Victor is really talented.

I am doubtful about Valdo, his performances are getting worse each match. If I'm not wrong, he was benched last week.
Valdo didn´t play because he was a bit too arrogant lately and Agirre decided to bench him as a way to tell him he´s one more and not the star. But he is a great player, Saez knows how to handle these kind of players.

And yes Luque is playing great, and he can play as a winger or striker, he should go to Portugal.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I'm with Koeman and VL. Casillas is very underated. Along with Valeron, I think they are the 2 most underated Spanish players. Casillas for me is an aboslote genius, and he is only going to get better. Really, if you look at him and buffon, they are about even since they both have a weakness which is Corners or balls outside the small area. Just look at the goals they let in on the weekend...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know Casillas is great but i never saw Canizares make a mistake. If you watch Valencia games he is almost always like a rock that is impossible to go through !!! No matter....... both are very good !!I would pick Morientes because Spain WILL need him in the Euro. He is classic center forward, good in both leg, too strong in air, good passing, he is very good player. I would pick Victor too because he is very skilled, we have many players with skills i know but the more the better !! We cant play Puyol in the leftback.... we can put Juan Fran there and let Puyol in center and Salgado on right but it is not a good idea to have the best defender in the world as leftback

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Max Depor said:
I know Casillas is great but i never saw Canizares make a mistake. If you watch Valencia games he is almost always like a rock that is impossible to go through !!! No matter....... both are very good !!I would pick Morientes because Spain WILL need him in the Euro. He is classic center forward, good in both leg, too strong in air, good passing, he is very good player. I would pick Victor too because he is very skilled, we have many players with skills i know but the more the better !! We cant play Puyol in the leftback.... we can put Juan Fran there and let Puyol in center and Salgado on right but it is not a good idea to have the best defender in the world as leftback
First of all, welcome to XT. :)

I recall mistakes of every GK, but I agree with you, Cañizares is a great goalie, but I think Casillas is in a higher level.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Koeman4 !! I like alot this place especially the Spanish places, alot of people with knowledge here

I did not mean Cani is better more Iker but i am saying they are both excellent, no matter who is our portero it will be a good one

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Just thought I might bring this thread back after viewing some things in the past week.

First, if we are going to experiment with a new Central Defender, a good choice for me would be Ballesteros on Villareal. Very consistent player, nice strong header like vs. Real, plus he has the balls to make that all important sliding tackle. Oleguer had a great game vs. Sevilla, didn't cave in under pressure. Great replacement on Barca for Puyol. Saez was dumb enough to call up Gabri once, why not this guy?:D

I don't mean to be biased but Meijia rocked vs. Villareal.... could he become the youngest CD to ever be called up to the NT?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
no !!!! ballesteros is horible....... he has everything bad defender has.......slow, makes lot of fouls and too hot temper....

javi navarro of sevilla or cesar of depor are much better !!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts