Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know with 99% certainity who will go to Korea.But let's say you are NT's coach:)Who will you take there?My proposals are:

Goalies:
1.Dudek(Liverpool/ENG)
2.Szamotulski(Amica Wronki)
3.Majdan(Gotzpe/TUR)

Defenders:
4.Hajto(Schalke/GER)
5.Klos(K'Slautern/GER)
6.J.Bak(Lens/FRA)
7.Waldoch(Schalke/GER)
8.Zielinski(Legia Warsaw)
9.Rzasa (Feyenoord/HOL)
10.Mich.Zewlakow(Mouscron/BEL)

Miedfielders:
11.Karwan(Legia Warsaw)
12.Smolarek(Feyenoord/HOL)
13.Kaluzny(Cottbus/GER)
14.Radomski(Heerenveen/HOL)
15.Swieczewski(Ol.Marseille/FRA)
16.Mazurkiewicz(Aarhus/DAN)
17.Kozminski(Ancona/2.ITA)
18.Krzynowek(Nurnberg/GER)

Forwards:
19.Olisadebe(Panathinaikos/GRE)
20.Kryszalowicz(E.Frankfurt/2.GER)
21.Wichniarek(Ar.Bielefeld/2.GER)
22.Kucharski(Legia Warsaw)
23.Mar.Zewlakow(Mouscron/Bel)

Chat with Engel:
http://www2.gazeta.pl/czat/1,21977,795676.html

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
beast1 said:
We know with 99% certainity who will go to Korea.But let's say you are NT's coach:)Who will you take there?My proposals are:

Goalies:
1.Dudek(Liverpool/ENG)
2.Szamotulski(Amica Wronki)
3.Majdan(Gotzpe/TUR)

Defenders:
4.Hajto(Schalke/GER)
5.Klos(K'Slautern/GER)
6.J.Bak(Lens/FRA)
7.Waldoch(Schalke/GER)
9.Rzasa (Feyenoord/HOL)

Miedfielders:
11.Karwan(Legia Warsaw)
13.Kaluzny(Cottbus/GER)
14.Radomski(Heerenveen/HOL)
16.Mazurkiewicz(Aarhus/DAN)

Forwards:
21.Wichniarek(Ar.Bielefeld/2.GER)
22.Kucharski(Legia Warsaw)

Chat with Engel:
http://www2.gazeta.pl/czat/1,21977,795676.html

Ah, lets not do this. We know the team. Its as follows:

Goalies:
1.Dudek(Liverpool/ENG)
2.Matysek
3.Majdan(Gotzpe/TUR)

Defenders:
4.Hajto(Schalke/GER)
5.Klos(K'Slautern/GER)
6.J.Bak(Lens/FRA)
7.Waldoch(Schalke/GER)
9.Rzasa (Feyenoord/HOL)

Miedfielders:
11.Karwan(Legia Warsaw)
13.Kaluzny(Cottbus/GER)
14.Bak
16.Kosowski

Forwards:
21.Zurawski
22.?????????

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Barlinek, you forgot Iwan. He goes as a midfielder and Smolarek as a forward...

Anyway, if I were Engel, I'd pick:
GK: Dudek, Majdan, Szamotulski
DF: Kozminski, Bak, Waldoch, Hajto, Zewlakow, Zielinski, Klos
MD: Rzasa, Kaluzny, Swierczewski, Karwan, Kosowski, Radomski, Szymkowiak, Smolarek
FW: Olisadebe, Kryszalowicz, Juskowiak, Wichniarek, Zewlakow

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Goalies:
1.Dudek
2.Majdan
3.Matysek

Defence:
3. Hajto
5. Waldoch
6. Zewlakow
7. J. Bak
8. Klos
9. Zielinski
10. Rzasa

Midfielders:
11. Karwan
12. Kaluzny
13. Swierczewski
14. Kozminski
15. Kosowski
16. Kryznowek
17. Smolarek
18. Iwan

Attackers:
19. Olisadebe
20. Kryszalowicz
21. Zewlakow
22. Zurawski
23. Wichniarek

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have to admit that I'm no expert 'bout Polish football, but I personally can't understand why Tomasz Iwan is called up for your international games and is likely to be part of your WC team, whilst Krzystof Ratajczyk seems to be nowhere near your team. Rata's performances in the Austrian league and at his current club FK Austria are pretty good, he's really a very solid defender -and Iwan is only our number 3 choice for the right midfield and his performances have been hm.. quite poor (I don't want to use the expression "he quite sucked" so far)!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It's against common sense :(

Engel claims that Iwan is a really experienced, versatile and ambitious player. I'd rather say that he used to be, as his current form and performances are wretched :yuck:

Ratajczyk's story is more complicated as Engel has never seriously thought of calling him. He probably wanted to avoid problems with having too many players of similar quality (we have quite a number of good central defenders). Apart from that, Ratajczyk still is considered to be a "bad boy" in Poland. I can accept the explanation, although I don't like it. Especially that we have problems with left backs. Ratajczyk used to play there when he was Legia player and I think he still could be capable of coping with left back's tasks... But what can you do... It's Engel who's the man in charge and so far he's been right (I mean in qualifiers).

·
Registered
488 Posts
Prewitt said:
Apart from that, Ratajczyk still is considered to be a "bad boy" in Poland.
Considered as a bad boy? What did he do?

BTW there is a slight chance for Iwan to play in our next league game on wednesday as our first choice right midfielder, Slovenian NT player Zoran Pavlovic is injured and his replacement in the last game, a guy called Hopfer, scored a pretty nice own-goal:depress:.

Anyway, good luck for the World Cup!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW ,onimaci how do you find Adam Ledwon?Who is,if you don't know ,a Pole(alomost 20 caps for Poland),although as I've heard he has a German passport,and he's treating as a German in your league.

·
Registered
488 Posts
beast1 said:
BTW ,onimaci how do you find Adam Ledwon?Who is,if you don't know ,a Pole(alomost 20 caps for Poland),although as I've heard he has a German passport,and he's treating as a German in your league.
Of course I know that he's from Poland and won quite a few caps for you guys, and you're right in Austria he is considered as German as he holds a German passport as well. This is something that's quite good as we have a limitation on non-EU players allowed per team. He joined us in summer 2000 and in 2000/2001 he had a quite decent season with us, definately one of our better players in those days. The first half of the current season was not very good for both Ledwon and our team, but fortunately under a new coach we managed to do a turn around in spring and are hopeful to playing in the UEFA-cup next year. As the teams performance got better also Ledwon's performances rose again and at the moment he's a well established member of our starting eleven (though I think that Rata is a more important player for us).

BTW can you tell me what happened to two other Polish players that used to play for us a few seasons ago, namely Pavel Sobczak and Rafal Siadaczka? Both haven't been successful playing for us, but I have to admit that Sobczak was very young when he played for us and Siadaczka was kind of homesick and wanted to return to Poland only a few months after his arrival.

Cheers

Max

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thnx for your opinion.

Well,Sobczak is changing his clubs so often that I'm not so sure where he's playing now,but as far as I remember he's a player of Genoa(2/ITA).Even if he is fit(which is not so obvious;) ) I guess he playes rarely.Before Genoa he was a RKS Radomsko player,for a while.
Siadaczka,after his back from Austria became a Legia Warsaw player.But he dissapointed supporters with his playing,than he was injured and after that he was taken ill.He's not playing now at all.
Cheers! :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks for the info, mate:)

And yes it seems to be true (there are some rumours) that Rata likes a few drinks:D but nevertheless he performs well:strong:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ratajczyk, when he was Polish U-21 player, borrowed a car from Adam Ledwon ( :D ) and crashed it (after a few drinks afair).

Also his hairstyle and uncompromising behaviour on the field made him "bad boy".

Sobczak is now I think Widzew Lodz player, but he's obviously permanently injured.

And that Siadaczka's illness is diabetes :depress:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts