Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe as it's likely that Figo might move to Real Madrid, Barca should buy Nigerian international Finidi George from Real Betis.

He is an ideal replacement if Figo leaves, He can take on players very well, lay beautiful and accurate crosses and can also defend better than Figo.

Also, remember he has played with most of the players on our team who played for Ajax (Kluivert, Litmanen, Overmars(if we buy him), Reizeger, The De Boer twins, Bogarde. Also remember he has played with Alfonso(if we buy him)at Betis, so most of these players wouldn't be new to him.

My final statement is:

"BUY FINIDI IF FIGO LEAVES."

Guys, What do you think?????

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I agree Dutch, it looks like Zended will stay if Figo leavs so we pretty much have it covered although Finidi is a good player whom i personally love to watch.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Even if Figo goes I still think we should sell Zenden. Finidi would be a good replacement he has pace, skill and can cross. I like Victor, the ex-real player now at Deportivo. What do you guys think of him?

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
The Finidi idea sounds great. Back in the Ajax great days, we used to get them on TV every week and people used to marvel at them, especially Finidi and Overmars. I think a lot of people were disappointed when Barça bought so many Ajax players but missed out on their two faves.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If Figo leaves, then Zenden will stay, so we are not going to buy Overmars, right??? Is it a great news, or I better say good news??? However, I'm not delighted by it, probably because it's related to Figo's departure.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even if Zenden goes, Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger won't sell Overmars, or Petit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Zenden

Zenden is definitely not a replacement for Figo on the right side! In the first Dutch Euro 2000 game vs. the Czech Republic, he demonstrated the whole world that he stinks at the right side. He later blossomed when he was allowed to cover the left side after Overmars had switched to the right!

By the way, for the case that Overmars and Finidi coming to Camp Nou, we could almost field the complete 1995/96 Ajax team! Except for the goalkeeper (Edwin van der Sar covered that position for Ajax in 1996), the central midfield (Rijkaard) and the half left offensive midfield (Davids) we would then have a complete Ajax team:

Goal: Richard Dutruel (not with Ajax)
Left defense: Winston Bogarde
Central defense: Frank de Boer
Right defense: Michael Reiziger
Left midfield: Boudewijn Zenden (not with Ajax)
central midfield: Josep Guardiola (not with Ajax)
attacking midfield: Jari Litmanen
right midfield: Ronald de Boer
Left wing: Marc Overmars
Striker: Patrick Kluivert
Right wing: Finidi

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I don't want a BarçAjax....
I don't want Overmars, he isn't great at the right either... I think even Ronald de Boer is better there....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts