Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few weeks, the press of Madrid is saying that Real Madrid will try to sign Cesc Fabregas. Part of the Catalan press says that Barcelona should not allow to see Cesc is in white.

But there are some things to consider. First of all, Arsenal would only let him go for a crazy amount of money and I guess that Cesc is in their plans to build a good future. They already turned down several offers from Real Madrid (Henry, Vieira) in the past. In any case, Real Madrid still can offer big amounts of money for a player. On the other hand, they have to build a whole new team, so I guess they can't pay so much for only one player.

Besides, Cesc plays in a position which is well covered by the players we already have. So would it be a good move?

In case that Barcelona don't want to see Cesc in the Bernabeu, we would always have an advantage over them. In case that he wants to go back to La Liga, he always said that he'd like to go back to Barcelona for obvious reasons. So in that sense, Barcelona could always touch his heart.

The question is: if Madrid goes after him, should Barcelona do anything about it? Should we focus in our team and forget Cesc? If we have to go after him, which are the limits?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Before Barcelona go after Cesc just to prevent him from ending up in Real Madrid, they should consider two very important points:

1. A player will have to leave in order to make space for Cesc. Maybe selling Deco to Chelsea?

2. Will Cesc and Arsenal accept Real Madris's offer? As K4 said, Arsenal are building a strong young team, while even if they accepted the offer, Cesc is still a Catalan who probably hated Real Madrid all his life. Will he join Real Madrid and look like a total traitor?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Cesc's contract runs til 2011 and Wenger sees him as his 'jewel in the crown' of his new team, so i think it would take a world record transfer fee for Arsenal to accept.

so i'd say worry about it in 2/3 years, let him play 250 games for us first. ;)

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
For the future buying Cesc would be a guarantee. Barça always build 4 position players, Guardiola, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta.

Cesc have everything to be the best midifield in Europe in 2 years, and for sure he should look Barcelona with a special eye. If Barça goes for him, Iniesta will have to move. We also have to check if he can play with Xavi, in the same pitch

30-35 millions euros for a future crack is an investment. Vetter to waste them for him than Henry. Deco and V Bommel are not young, Xavi 26, and Iniesta should be a good back up if he accepts it.

Now it's better that Barça get him instead of R Madrid. he will be a key player and the first base to build a team and equalize lines.

The player want for sure coming back, it's an interesting option

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Well the guy to go out would probably be Van Bommel. Xavi, Deco and Cesc for 3 positions and a long season. Long term I see Cesc more a replacement of Deco than Xavi as hes more two-way (if he were here of course).

The only guy left out is Iniesta, I still stand that we havent found the right position for him. When he played without fear at 18 in the first team he was excellent going forward. He needs to show this again as he has good acceleration, great dribbling and probably the best vision to spot a situation quickly behind Ronaldinho. I swear with balls he would be awesome in any AMC position. Long term he would be a great sub for Ronaldinho or even better, in a match against a more defensive team, we drop the DMC and add an AMC.

Of signing him, will finish later. Damn work

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Why would Arsenal sell Cesc?
The madriz press makes me laugh. Every year they talk about tens of players who according to them are gagging to sign for madriz. It's like they can sign whoever they want and this is not like this anymore. They struggled to sign many players this season...remember they wanted Totti and Buffon and Vieira and Ballack.... They were all signed already and what happened in the end??
Besides, Arsenal wants to make a team for the future. Their season is not being good at all and they have lost their supremacy in the English football. So why would they sell a young player who has become a key player in their midfield? especially if they lose Henry...
It doesn not make sense to me...yet Cesc came for free so they might want to make a good profit...that is the only thing that would make some sense.
Anyway...will see.

By the way there is a very interesting article about Madriz's finances in El Periodico today.
Basically they are saying that madriz's finances are not that good. That the fact that they were nominated as the richest club in the world it's a fallacy since that list only takes into account the income that the club is generating. It doesn't include the expenses and therefore it's not showing the real accounts of the club.
Have a read El periodico

·
Registered
634 Posts
I wouldn't mind selling Bommel to Bayern and putting an effort into getting Cesc. But of course, we're limited financially and there are other positions that need reinforcement.

Soriano said we have 30 million to spend this summer, plus we have Saviola and maybe Bommel. So maybe after reinforcing RB/LB and Striker position, we could have money to spend for midfield.

I also feel Cesc, though now more of an AM, could become DM, especially at Barca. He certainly has more defensive capabilities than Xavi or Guardiola. The '4' position at Barca is more about leading and organizing, than it is about taking the ball imo.

So, I would go for him, if he's in the market and if we have the money after getting our priorities straight. Wether Madrid wants him, or any other team is something we should not look at.

But besides the fact we get him or not, Barca should get it clear to Cesc they want him, if not now, maybe in 2/3 years. I also think it would be wiser for Cesc to stay at Arsenal a couple of years more, after all he's secured himself a starting sport in one of the best teams of the Premiership.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Why would Arsenal sell their biggest talent?

I'm with Barca1899 on this one. Madrid makes me laugh with their shopping lists, also thinking that any player who play for the seleccion automatically has a dream to play for them.. :rollani:

I think if Madrid would go after him and Arsenal would be willing to sell, we should step in and make his choice easier. He would probably like to play with Messi again too. I think we'd have to sell a player or too then, maybe Van Bommel to Bayern and Giuly to Lyon/Monaco or Gio to Feyenoord(last year of contract these two..). I am certain that Saviola will be sold next off-season, probably to Sevilla and hopefully to include some kind of deal with Dani Alves.

Btw, they won't get Xabi either, if not Benitez goes back to Madrid and takes X.Alonso with him. Raul Garcia, also Basque, rejected them before btw. Especially after this whole Guti-Becks debacle, I don't really see him joining either. But you never know, Osasuna would probably take the money since they're a small club and Garcia probably wouldn't mind tripling his wages.

Long term I see Cesc more a replacement of Deco than Xavi as hes more two-way (if he were here of course).
Agreed.

And if Gerard Pique turns out good, I hope we don't see another Gerard Lopez saga.. :lazy:

·
63,337 Posts
El Fen has started this topic in our forum :wallbang: thanks guys, i love your media, we can't even enjoy 100 games from him before all this bollocks. :irritate:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
No, Barça shouldn't buy Cesc unless either Deco or Xavi is sold. In any case, he'll be way too expensive for us to be a bench player.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
El Fen has started this topic in our forum :wallbang: thanks guys, i love your media, we can't even enjoy 100 games from him before all this bollocks. :irritate:
Sorry man.

I wouldn't mind if Cesc stayed at Arsenal at all, you know that.

But the rumours are getting stronger and I think it's going to be on his mind all summer, especially if he goes to the WC with Casillas, Raul and Sergio Ramos screwing his mind up. :D:D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
As for Barcelona, do you have €30M to spend on Cesc? I don't think that would be wise considering the fact you need money to stengthen the defense.

I think Barca will have to sell players first (Deco, maybe) in order to secure the funds to sign Cesc.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jern Lizardhous said:
That's good... we didn't even enjoy one. :D You get what you deserve, thieves! :pp

·
63,337 Posts
L-Pheno said:
But the rumours are getting stronger and I think it's going to be on his mind all summer, especially if he goes to the WC with Casillas, Raul and Sergio Ramos screwing his mind up. :D:D
you wish, the last thing he will do is join RM especially with the state of the circus at this time. :D

you can't afford him anyway. :D

also for every Casillas, Ramos and Raul, there is Xavi and Puyol telling him what an utter idiot he would be to join a sinking ship.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Sorry man.

I wouldn't mind if Cesc stayed at Arsenal at all, you know that.

Oh we got the whole damn family,friends,girl friends and even Lampard's Girlfriend and family to get him out of this.Probably THierry Henry can adopt him on his way to the Noucamp.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.