Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
With all of these threads saying things like this, I predict Brazil to lose their opening game and probably go out in the first group stag with 1 point.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nah, USA will take care of them in the ROund of 16. The Brazilians almost lost to the USA a few years back, I can't see the likes of Ronaldo and Adriano and Kaka getting by Pope

·
Registered
504 Posts
No, Brazil are exceptionally good, but cmon it is not as if they are going to win every WC played in history???

Perhaps 95% of the time :tongue:

I feel a sense of 1982 with this WC. Brazil are raging hot favourites, and I think they won;t win it this time.

Look at other sports, such as Rugby for example. The number of teams with any chance to win the Rugby WC would be about four, but people still watch it.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
That's my problem with brazil... I enjoy watching them, they play the best football in the world but i'm against world domination
I want a strong competition, i'm hoping for a totally new winner (holland?) but it's pretty unlikely

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
It would become boring if you won it the way Chelsea wins PL and the way Juve wins Serie A. As long as there is beautiful play I don't mind Brazil winning it. But grinding out wins is boring to watch though. Plus, the WC is not just about the winner or the final. Alot of times other games have been a treat to watch, like the Sweden-Senegal game. Great game! :star:

·
Registered
782 Posts
with all these posts coming up, and all the talk about how Brazil can't lose, everybody is going to be against them, hoping they lose. Then there are going to be posts asking, <<<why is everybody against Brazil>>>
:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
will the event become very boring?
Yes. Yes it would. In fact I was going to say that before I even read your post, just seeing the title :)

On one hand Brazil may deserve it on the strength of their talent alone, etc.

On the other having the same country win it for the 2nd time in a row, the 6th time overall and the 3rd time in 12 years would just kinda kill it all (but not the way if some team like Greece in 2004 wins it, that would just be 10x worse), I mean of course Brazil should not complain (duh:)) and besides that it could still end up being the most interesting tournament ever (I mean the quality of the games etc.).

However Brazil should take a break; besides they can put together a winning team for any World Cup and Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos et al. already have a medal around their necks from last time. I'd rather see Nedved take home a major trophy (or us of course:)) or some other player/team that won't have a chance to do it again.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
What makes a game 'boring' or not is not who wins it, but how it's played. What would be more 'boring' – a Brazil that plays well and wins in style, or a brand-new winner that plays anti-football?

I don't think we'll win this one... World Cups are usually though enough, and on this WC in particular everyone will be against us. And it's ok if we don't win it this time, the sun shines for everybody. I just don't want to see a WC champion that plays anti-football – that's what REALLY makes a competition boring. :sigh: :hopefull:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andrix said:
Yes. Yes it would. In fact I was going to say that before I even read your post, just seeing the title :)

On one hand Brazil may deserve it on the strength of their talent alone, etc.

On the other having the same country win it for the 2nd time in a row, the 6th time overall and the 3rd time in 12 years would just kinda kill it all (but not the way if some team like Greece in 2004 wins it, that would just be 10x worse), I mean of course Brazil should not complain (duh:)) and besides that it could still end up being the most interesting tournament ever (I mean the quality of the games etc.).

However Brazil should take a break; besides they can put together a winning team for any World Cup and Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos et al. already have a medal around their necks from last time. I'd rather see Nedved take home a major trophy (or us of course:)) or some other player/team that won't have a chance to do it again.

Thanks for the good reply :) The only one that understood the IF instead of WHEN :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts