Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would you buy?

Me, I'd go for Zapata and Tevez. 40 million might be just enough to get them both. :greed:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
We dont need Tevez, our forward line isnt a problem. Borriello and Pato first choice pairing with Inzaghi and Sheva on the bench. Let's also not forget young Paloschi on loan.

I'd spend it on a decent centre back pairing. It's the most crucial part of our squad that we must strengthen above all else. 40 million Euro would certainly help that issue.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Tevez would cost 40 million euros by himself. Zapata half of that.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tevez is better than any of our current options though. It makes me laugh if you think Pato, Borriello, Sheva and Pippo constitute a world class selection of strikers. It is one of the worst strikeforces, if not the worst, among the big clubs. We do need reinforcements there although not as badly as in defense.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I dont think our selection of strikers is collectively World Class as such, but our first choice pairing is very good (and still got their best years ahead) and our bench players are better than you're giving credit for. Tevez is a decent player but it wouldnt be money spent wisely.

Better to sign Cristian Zapata and perhaps Gonzalo Rodriguez, see what that comes to, then Berlu can offer the rest to Beckham to spend a night of passion with his wife. They'd make an adorable couple.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Nah, Pato + Boriello is certainly very serviceable with the level of creativity that one might expect from R99, Kaka + Pirlo + Seedorf in the same squad. The key as it has been since the season opened is when the hell do we ever get Nesta back and performing to a Nesta-level.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Tevez is out of favour at Old Trafford after Berbatov arrived and may want to leave so it might be a good moment to give it a try and get him for reasonable amount. Although it is pretty likely IMO that if he expresses a wish to leave then Man City tries to outbid anybody else. But then again ManU might prefer to avoid selling him to local rivals...it is all speculation of course.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Probably €15m for Zapata and another €15M for De Silvestri while the rest for Thiago Silva to bring in the summer.

Then in the summer bring back Gourcuff and Paloschi, spending €0 and we're all set.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
God only knows. :rolleyes:

Actually it is entirely possible that they only loaned him from MSI or that MSI owns some kind of rights at least because I remeber some talks recently about ManU wanting to sign him on permanent deal. So I guess they don't own him 100%.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Probably €15m for Zapata and another €15M for De Silvestri while the rest for Thiago Silva to bring in the summer.

Then in the summer bring back Gourcuff and Paloschi, spending €0 and we're all set.
To be honest Paloschi isn't Milan-class. He has the first touch of a rapist and hasn't stood out at all so far.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I'd get two class young centerbacks for 39 M and go "scouting" all around the world for about ten years with the remaining million. Got to invest in the future. I bet I could find some talent in Río de Janeiro's beaches, specially in summer.

·
Registered
59,793 Posts
40 mill for the January market..that's a bit of a stretch don't you think, Andy? Yes, even for a fantasy thread. Who spends 40 mill in the winter window?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Stankovich and Adriano to Inter some years ago could not have costed much less than that...

·
Registered
59,793 Posts
Adriano did cost a lot, but not Stankovic. He cost something around 5 or 6 mill, because his contract with Lazio was running out in June.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
40 mill for the January market..that's a bit of a stretch don't you think, Andy? Yes, even for a fantasy thread. Who spends 40 mill in the winter window?
why should be it a stretch for a fantasy thread?

yeah I know we won't spend 40 mil this winter but that's not the point. I just want to know who people would buy for the current squad if given that sum.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
It is one of the worst strikeforces, if not the worst, among the big clubs.
Chelsea (Drogba Injured), Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventos all have equal or worse strikeforce.

·
Registered
23,836 Posts
I'd buy Santa's Crotch and if Napoli would be unwilling to part with the guy I'd go for Zapata.

Then I'd try making a move for for Diego Milito. The money probably would not cover that (especially not after I would have pocketed a million or two for myself), but anyway...

Those are my choices and I'm sticking to them. :stuckup:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chelsea (Drogba Injured), Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventos all have equal or worse strikeforce.
I wouldn't say that any of them have worse strikeforce if you don't count injuries.

Real has Higuain, Huntelaar, Raul, Saviola, RVN (long term injury) = slightly better than us IMO although Huntelaar remains an unknown force yet

Chelsea: Kalou, Anelka, Sinclair, Di Santo, injury-ridden Drogba = without fit Drogba they're worse, with him in world class form they're better.

Arsenal: Adebayor, Van Persie, Walcott, Bendtner, Eduardo, Vela = even now with Walcott and Eduardo out their strikeforce is still better than us

Juventus: DP, Amauri, Trez, Iaquinta = about equal

1 - 20 of 68 Posts