Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deal between Ballack and Chelsea seems done. So, I ask you, who will get the boot if Ballack does arrive at Stamford Bridge? So many world class players! Discuss! :)

Are there any Chelsea fans in here? :tongue:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don’t think they’ll take up the option to sign Maniche but other than that I don’t think any midfielders will leave the club if Ballack arrives. I’m thinking we may ditch a few defenders though, Del Horno, Bridge, Glen Johnson could be on their way. I’m sure we’ll go looking for a world class left back in the summer. Crespo and Carlton Cole could be on their way also.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Iodine Stud said:
I don’t think they’ll take up the option to sign Maniche but other than that I don’t think any midfielders will leave the club if Ballack arrives. I’m thinking we may ditch a few defenders though, Del Horno, Bridge, Glen Johnson could be on their way. I’m sure we’ll go looking for a world class left back in the summer. Crespo and Carlton Cole could be on their way also.
I agree, even though there is a lot of paper talk about Lampard leaving for Barelona etc, he will have to demand a transfer rather than Mourinho let him go.

Chelsea will try to sell :
Bridge - Spurs , Newcastle
Johnson - Spurs, Newcastle, West Ham
Del Horno - anywhere but Barcelona

Other players who will be considered as not having made it are SWP and perhaps Essien. If Lampard does not leave, where will he play?

Two top strikers are required especially as Mourinho does not fancy Gudjonhson as a striker and likes to dally with Huth as a striker!

The only other questionmark is the future of Huth. He is frustrated at being on the bench, he might wish to leave.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
ballack is the 3rd midfielder to come in as replacement for jarosik, smertin and scott parker, the other two were essien, and diarra...so ya we wont take manice i think...

out of chelsea i think should be huth, glen johnson, bridge and crespo if they dont want to commit long term.......del horno should get his chance for another season...the big questions for me are DROGBA and DUFF! will they stay? should they stay?

·
Registered
63 Posts
panicos said:
The only other questionmark is the future of Huth. He is frustrated at being on the bench, he might wish to leave.
He’s started quite a few league games recently with Caravalho coming in for the Champions League.

If we bring in Kompany as is the rumour then yes, I could see Hoof going or even Ricky himself.

I think the long term plan would be for Essien to take over from Maka, and then play Ballack and Lampard ahead of him. It will be a real battle for them to get in the side, but at least we will have good players to come in if one of them is injured or suspended like for Barcelona, where we missed Essien’s power and workrate immensely.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I think Del Horno will go Bridge will come back, Maniche won't be signed on, Carlton Cole and Huth will go out on loan and Crespo might leave (if he is unhappy).

I'm a big fan of Ballack but there just isn't any room at Chelsea, he wont end up playing all the time and wuold become unhappy and i just don't see anyone from our midfield leaving!

I think Mourinho will add a striker to the squad and that would be it.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't you guys consider loaning Essien and some other player that would get replaced by Ballack? Smertin left to Russia by the way.
I think that in the summer a real world class striker is needed. Left back? Chivu? I think that Roma could accept a swap for Maniche and someone else.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Essien is going to replace Maka I feel at some point quite soon. Maka could at any time lose the form he needs to be a starting player.

I dont really see how Ballack fits in all that well to be honest as I dont see Lampard leaving.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
makaelele has at most 1 more yr left in him at the top level..so i dont see much point in this discussion...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
essien will not be loaned, they will grome him this season. lampard will leave when hell freezez over. smertin left, so will jarosik soon, maniche will go, im even tempted to say that duff will go even though he is a great player, but right now seems there is no room for him here. glen should leave too. every time he is on the ball im just waiting for him to make a mistake. its liek an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only reason why I suggested for Essien to be loaned is because you whether play Makelele or Essien and since the latter is much younger, might as well use Claude for what he can deliver in his last year. Maniche should be used as a swap player, example, Chivu of Roma.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Chelsea will have the best midfield in the world (Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Makelele and Duff, Shaun, Joe and Robben in the wings). I think that rotation is the solution

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alec_Cobas said:
Chelsea will have the best midfield in the world (Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Makelele and Duff, Shaun, Joe and Robben in the wings). I think that rotation is the solution
:thumbsup:

I agree, but will Mourinho go for it also? Rotation that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts