Xtratime Community banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
away fans will always do their team proud, i have no problem with away support, they always get into the spirit of it, in fact that has always been true but even more so today.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Russell said:
Did the United fans not impress you at the San Siro? apparently the travelling support did themselves proud :)
Russell, probably the fans that were in San Siro have never set a foot in the Old Trafford, for the number they were, for sure they were not that loud. I remember a few years ago, with 20% of the total number of fans, they would have been much louder. No kind of coreographie, I remeber back in the old days the chants the scarfs the great support English teams had. The sampdoria fans last sunday were approx 60% of United fans, but cause they are used to going to the stadium, and have a fair amount of teenagers among them, were definetly much louder. What I'm saying, is that fans like you and Jern, no longer can afford going to the stadium. End result, lack of atmosphere. The last great english supporters, full of passion, that I've seen are Leeds supporters a fewyears ago :star: Loud as hell.

P.S. Get Jern back to the Stadium :stuckup:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Well my sources have misinformed me :( I'll take your word for it as i understand your a Milan STH. The point you make about teenagers is very true, young men are always the ones that create atmosphere. They can chant and shout the loudest and sustain it. Now i wonder how many were able to travel down to Italy during a week day, not many. Perhaps this explains the lack of atmosphere from the travelling support.

I know from my experiences in League grounds that the atmosphere is always better when they do "kids for a quid" or kids go free - basically anyone under 21 will get a free ticket or get in for next to nothing.

The game is turning increasingly corporate, i just wish i could stand in the terraces during the 60- 70's. That would have been something. Even the small league clubs were getting 30,000. My uncle has told me many stories about the crowds at Hillsborough, great times to be a football fan, barring the tragedy.

·
63,337 Posts
when i first went to a game i was paying £1.50 as a Junior Gunner, now how are kids of 10 and 11 supposed to afford it if their Dad is not doing really well ?

my Dad used to pay £50 for a season ticket on the Clock End, ok the football were rubbish but we didn't mind, them were the days.:yawn:

*cue the Hovis music* :D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I'm clueless as to who that is jern...should i be :)

Do you have kids Jern? if not, when you do, will they be Gunners? You'll have to fork out all that money for you and them to go :p

When i have kids and if they have an interest in football, they most definately are not supporting a premiership club :D ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Russell said:
That's Samantha Fox! You should know that Russell. ;) In the Summer of '88 almost half the postcards in London had her pictures on them and she was wearing a lot less. :drool:

·
63,337 Posts
Russell said:

Do you have kids Jern? if not, when you do, will they be Gunners? You'll have to fork out all that money for you and them to go :p

When i have kids and if they have an interest in football, they most definately are not supporting a premiership club :D ;)

you tight git :pp

my kids will be Gooners i am sure although i could be wrong, my nephew's Dad is a West Ham fan but i converted him to being a Gooner so i have to watch in case he tries to take revenge. :shades:

Haroon is correct, that is Samantha Fox, the most famous page three girl ever, now a famous lesbian who stars in reality tv shows, she was in 'the Club' and proceeded to get roaring drunk and spout a load of inane rubbish every night.

as i say the classiness of Tottenham which is where she was dragged up.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I really need to brush up on my page 3 past greats......that's a real shocker from me. I didn't recognise the body and couldn't put a name to it :D

There's nothing wrong with supporting West Ham, their a great club :)

·
63,337 Posts
West Ham are alright but they just get royally screwed by their board all the time, they should be top six considering the players they have produced and the fact Redknapp was doing really well.

and about Samantha, you'll be telling me you never heard of Linda Lusardi next. :pp

·
63,337 Posts
SHE'S THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE !!!! :proud:

ALTHOUGH SHE BUGGERED OFF TO SURREY WHEN SHE HAD MADE A FEW QUID !!! :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Russell said:

Uncle Lucifer will take good care of them over here, send them over :shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I don't know her. Jern ... you're missing out on one of the treasures. Where's the picture of Babs (Ref: "Carry on..." series)? :tongue:

·
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
I don't know her. Jern ... you're missing out on one of the treasures. Where's the picture of Babs (Ref: "Carry on..." series)? :tongue:
I don't know who Babs supports, she's from Hackney so it's probably either Arsenal or Tottenham but am not sure.

Cilla Black was a big pop star of the swinging sixties, she went into TV when the public realised she had no talent and had created a career out of being in the right place at the right time, ie Liverpool when the Beatles exploded. :D

61 - 77 of 77 Posts