Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
No. I'd rather we achieve our success through players we've bought with money we've won ourselves, and no money he pours into the club will stop us from screwing up in Europe anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Initially I thought yes! but now I think about it probably not I wouldn't mind him making a nice investment though, say 500 million pounds will do :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Everyone always says they would mind, but its usually a load of jealous rubbish :D

Who wouldn't want all the best players in the world (eventually) and all the success in the world (eventually).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Freddy Adu said:
Who wouldn't want all the best players in the world (eventually) and all the success in the world (eventually).
We've won everything we can realistically win without his money and can challenge without it, so what good would it be? :pp
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
If Chelsea go on to dominate football (which they won't, but if), the day they win the quardrouple will be a sad day for football
 

·
Defunct
Joined
·
23,341 Posts
Then you don't know the joys of splashing €70m on Joaquin for example. And without Abrahimovic you'll never find out. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
numerodix said:
Then you don't know the joys of splashing €70m on Joaquin for example. And without Abrahimovic you'll never find out. :D
How bout the joys of buring a young 21 year old vieira for 3m and getting a 17 year old prodigy for free??
 

·
Defunct
Joined
·
23,341 Posts
That is also very much part of CM. But without the splashing out occasionally the satisfaction dimishes quickly. ;)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
53,030 Posts
He means they use money to win.like many top teams hasnt done that throughout history(Real and Milan being two good examples).Even though I dont like the influence Abrahamovich has on football,I wouldnt take it against Chelsea if they became a greatly succesive club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,208 Posts
Petros said:
If Chelsea go on to dominate football (which they won't, but if), the day they win the quardrouple will be a sad day for football
They wouldn't be buying a quadruple. They would be winning it. Money gives the foundation to build a strong team but it is the players, coach, management and fans that help for a team to win.
 
1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Top