Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ideal weight for a 1.74m centre forward? Being only 54 kg, I am a huge disadvantage when it comes to one on ones with big defenders, the goals I score are from through passes, crosses and set pieces, and I would like to know whats the ideal weight which I would need to be at a lesser disadvantage when it comes to one on one.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I think 54kg is quite small for a 1.74m. I am 1.94m, quite tall, and weigh 81kg, and don't find it too hard strength-wise when it comes to meeting defenders when I do.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats the difference, I rely on pace and getting into space like the Inzaghi brothers. Right now, I am eating a lot, I gain like 2 kg in 3 weeks, so hopefully by the end of June next year, I would be 64 kg. In any case, right at this time, I can only rely on my pace and movement to score, I can't match them for power.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
i 'm not sure about the numbers but i'm in the same situation, though i am a few cm taller. i'm not sure about my current weight, but like you am also the speedier type, playing midfield mostly.

rather than eating just to gain weight i am trying to work out more often to gain muscle mass more than fat mass, that way you can be stronger and not be pushed off the ball as easy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owenization-NRG said:
i 'm not sure about the numbers but i'm in the same situation, though i am a few cm taller. i'm not sure about my current weight, but like you am also the speedier type, playing midfield mostly.

rather than eating just to gain weight i am trying to work out more often to gain muscle mass more than fat mass, that way you can be stronger and not be pushed off the ball as easy.
Yeah, thats what I do. I eat lots of food, and at home, I train lots. I do lotsa work out like squat ups and push ups, of course there are more. On the midfield, what position do you play? Because for me, I can only play 3 positions, midfield ( wing ) and striker. So you are also 54 kg? Where are u from?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the moment, I am doing Push ups ( Diamond and Standard ), sit ups and squat ups. Any more excercises to recommend?

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
i am from Canada, originally from Hong Kong, which may be the reason why i'm not a hulking 1.94 m liek that other fellow.

as i stated i play midfield mostly.

as i am not training normally now, (it's snowing out), i work out with weights for the arms, but never the legs. squats are good, as are running drills (constant start stop ones are good for you).
i try to work on technique on the field usually, but strenght is also important. remember to stretch regularly, i didn't the other day and after an hour the next day was a bit sore. lots of people get injured because of their inflexibility. i think the most important part of football is cardio, u need to be very good in that field. the better conditioned your heart the better u could be at the game. but pure running doesn't help your overall game, it only conditions you. you should get match fitness to better yourself, since football isn't a single pace throughout, more like start stop, sprint, jog, sprint sort of deal.

does anyone do situps here?

how many pushups do u try to do a day?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I am

10 stone 4 now which is what... 144 lbs?

I used to be about 160 Lbs, But i've lost fat and maybe a little bit of muscle. Howver i'm always strong, and i'll battle anyone... altho i'ms mall only 5'7-8 :(

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
There is actually a way to find out.
I will come back and let you know.
Wow Raven, you 1.94? I am more or less 1.87.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Falcão83 said:
There is actually a way to find out.
I will come back and let you know.
Wow Raven, you 1.94? I am more or less 1.87.
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking that day; the last time I weighed myself was when I was like 18 and I have been saying im 81kg for years. I've just checked now and I am a nice round 100. I was quite surprised. Is that OK for a 194?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Raven said:
I've just checked now and I am a nice round 100. I was quite surprised. Is that OK for a 194?
Is it fat or muscle mass? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
lucifuga said:
Is it fat or muscle mass? :rolleyes:
Well I'm not fat, just 'big.' Look at Martin Djetou, I am a bit like him.

That kind of build but a bit taller.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
mufyn said:
seing this thread makes me wish i knew how to convert metrics to american stuff
No problem:

1 inch = 2.54cm
1 foot = 30.48cm
1 pound = 0.37kg
1 stone = 6.35kg

1 centimetre = 0.39 inch
1 metre = 3.28 feet
1kg = 0.16 stone

So I am:

194cm => 6'4"
100kg => 15 stone 10 lbs

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
mufyn said:
thanks i still cant to math but he is me in American

5'10 feet
157lbs
Then you are 178cm tall and 58kg. :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
mufyn said:
yes im so happy is that good for a 14 year old?
I think you are of a very steady size for your age. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am 1.81 metres tall and i am 77 kg no fat at all its all masive muscles and i am sixteen years old just turned sixteen.a year ago i was in the same postion as the two of two of you mentioned i was 1.64m and i wighed around 50 kg but then puberty helped me slightly but slightly though the main thing was pushups workouts and eat alot.i can easily do 40 pushups though when i am really fired up as i was on two occasions i could even do 50 pushups.basically if you do a lot of pushups you may loose weight so what i did was eat a loooot.i can now eat two big chickens at one meal.and its also true that if you eat a lot you become fat so i with eating a lot i used to workout a lot.so in one year i almost gained 30 kg of weight and i gained so much ferocieous strenght and muscles.when i was about 50 kg and 1.64 i was in similiar conditions as the two of you though i was slightly worse as i also didnt have any speed as my 9 years old brother was able to outrun me.but some how now i have gained so much pace as i am probably the fastest soccer player in the area.and also nobody dares to look at the ball when i am to take it though my weakest point in soccer is dribbliing because my thighs are so big so i can do fast movements of my legs though it doesnt disturb in speed.but as somebody mentioned very truly if you get a lot of weight then you become injury prone because i just play soccer two days a week but i want to play it hours every day but i cant because i am always lying in my bed injured.i dont get injured be tackles of other players but always whilst running i hurt my bone sometimes sometimes i misplace my muscle as a matter of fact the last time i can imagine myself totally injury free was a year aago so really having a lot of muscles and weight sucks if you see it in this way.because i am running on the field and suddenly i twist my legs muscle or something which sucks.and by the way 1.94 m and 100kg you really are big man.and i bet no defender wants to get in your way.by the way i am from afghanistan where are you guys from. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Raven said:
Then you are 178cm tall and 58kg. :)
178 centimeters is 5'11 according to my calculatiion.and yeah according to your age you are absolutely perfect.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts