Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an Icelandic Parma fan. If I could buy some players, I would buy Jorgensen and Giannichedda(Udinese), Diomedes(Auxerre), Gronkjær(Ajax), Farinos(Valencia), Geremi(Real Madrid) and perhaps Litmanen(Barcelona) as sub for Alex.

I would sell Lassissi, Ortega, Stanic, Maini and Breda.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hi anita and welcome!

Well,you hit the nail with Farinos and Giannichedda who are indeed targets.But you missed on your other choices.We cant afford anymore non-EU players so that takes Geremi out.We laready got a french midfielder much better than Diomede at Johan Micoud of Bordeaux.He plays in the same position and he is much better.Gronkjaer is ok though I think he is way too offencive to cover the wing at a 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2) formation.Litmanen will be a fail at italy,trust me.He is too slow for the league and despite his good technique I'm sure he would end up a Ortega-like fiasco.This player is made for England.Just like our very-own Johan Walem. :)

Why is everyone so desperate we sell Lassissi? I'm telling you guys,if we make the BIG mistake of selling Saliou we will regret this...he is thew next big thing at defence.Give the guy some trust.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How good is Micoud? I just saw a fragile Bordeaux with weak midfield. I wonder Micoud's leadership...

Also, Saliou is a physical guy for sure but he seems not having a fully developed brain to cope with the serie A matches...

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah now we got micoud,maybe not the strongest player out there but a really good player we can get use of.
i don't know about his leadership but i really think he was the brain in bordeaux midfield.
he's the perfect type of player im looking forward to see him together him boghossian in the parmna midfield!!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
anita all the players you want to leave will probably leave,maybe ortega will go amn a loan to napoli or something.
farinos and giannichedda are targets like amo said.jorgensen is good and maybe want so play in a bigger club.
but why do you want diomede,geremi and co?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
What are you talking about Nasty Stick Parma is a big club(ok not traditional big like Juve or Milan)

anita your from iceland i'm suprissed that you didn't mention Eidar Gudjonsson(for everybody who don't know him he plays with Bolton W. in the english 1 division and he is a striker he also played with PSV but he was very bad injured so they sold him) i know we are not looking for such and striker but worth to be mention.
What do you think of him?
Parma is using a defending left wing not an ataccking so Gronkjear and jorgensen are not needed.
Diomedes is not as good as micoud and i would better like farinos or lauren etamé
that geremi!
Litmanen had a bad season and doesn't fit in our system.
Giannichedda should go to Fiorentina.
I would agree with Amo that we must keep lassissi maby send him a year on-loan.
Ortega we must sell him to spain or argentina cuz were wastinghis talents here.
Stanic must go because otherwise he can leave for free next summer!
Maini and Breda cam be sold.

And AMOROSO! stop picking on Walem!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Stanic must stay.It wont be tough to persuade him to sign a new contract since he is happy here.Frankly,SuperMario has been one of our best players and has played really good when given the chance.

I'm not picking on Walem,but johan has dissapointed me...

------------------

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that Eidur Gudjohnsen would not fit in Serie A. He is very talented, but i think it´s as simple as that.

I think that the wings could be used more than they have. Fuser is good, but i would rather want more speed on the flanks, and Italian football is lacking in that area.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Aimar and Riquelme, two midfielders from Argentina. But really I think most of the Serie A clubs should buy young Italians and develop those, when Milan used to rule it Was with 8 Italians on the field.
A great example of young italians who aren't getting any chances is Morfeo, in Fiorentina he had to compete with Oliveira, Mijatovic and Edmundo, Once he left on loan to Verona, we saw the true talent he had. While Oliveira was relegatede with Cagliari, and Mijatovic didn't get rid of injuries ( still I think Trap should have never bought him ) and Edmundo only could score 10-14 goals a season and whined to much, Morfeo took his Verona to a safe place on the table with great play. In Parma there is Di Vaio who should be given a chance.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
isn't Eidur Gudjohnsen the son of arnor gudjonson. the fantastic striker who played for anderlecht? if he has only half the talent of his father, then he rules

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Isn't Duscher (Sporting) coming for $17m in the summer?

I believe he's got an EU passport.

The reason Milan had 8 italiens was because you weren't allowed more than 3 non-Italians on the pitch in those days. Every team had 8 Italians.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Many good players have been mentioned, but i just cannot understand why one of the players Parma aparently has had most interest in isn't here.
One of Europes biggest brek throughs this season, and one who would amply give You the playmaker You've been sorely missing since Veron's departure:

MENDIETA! MENDIETA! MENDIETA! MENDIETA!

If we didn't have Zidane allready I would be desperate for Juve to snatch him.
Oh yes he'll be expensive, but he's JUST what Parma would need. I avtually believe him to be beter than Rui Costa at the moment, but he could be the solution as well.

Aimar is pretty much like Ortega I suppose, and I have real doubts whether he would make a bigger impact in Italy. Riquelme however resembles Veron which makes him a REAL dark horse. If he can get accustomed to serie A style football: BOOM. Otherwise he would be a very expensive failure.

Crespo going for Salas ? Dahhhh :(.

Ciao.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Milan had 8 italians and 3 dutch players. Van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Gaizka Mendieta won't leave Valencia. He's been there for 8 years, he is their captain and he have very strong feelings for the city and the club. He's to Valencia what Maldini is to Milan, Del Piero to Juventus, Nesta to Lazio, Totti to Roma, Batistuta to Viola, Buffon to Parma and ?? to Inter... :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Replace Buffon with Thuram and/or Cannavaro...

Glen,Verdi is right.We cant get Mendieta.Money is not the problem,he just wants to stay at Valencia.The best we can lure away from Valencia is Farinos,and i'm happy about it.In my opinion,Farinos is theunsung hero of Valencia.Everyone speaks about Mendieta,Kily and Piojo (who are of course fantastix) but I frankly believe that without Farinos Valencia wouldnt be where they are.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
No, it should be Buffon, not Cannavaro or Thuram. Sure, Buffon is thinking about Lazio's bid as we write but he's the most "genuine" Parma player among our superstars. Cannavaro's loyalty is first and foremost to Napoli. Thuram wanted away last summer and I simply can't forget that. I would like to add Crespo in this discussion as well. I think he could be our "Batigol", hopefully he will win a few more titles than the original though... :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Another note on Valencia. Gerard must be the most overrated player on their team. Farinos, Gonzales and Mendieta are all top class but Gerard is just an everage bloke having a good time against Lazio. So olease go ahead and buy him Berlusconi... :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reply to gOD. Yes, Arnór Guðjohnsen is his father, but they never played together in the national team. Eiður was injured for a long period, but is finally good now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts