Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I discuss who are the two best , I have several candidates :
1. The Holder : Manchester United
2. The Superb Italian : Lazio
3. The Greatest Catalan : Barcelona
4. The Unbeatable Germany : Bayern Muenchen

Whoever win this title must have many good players (not just 11) & has best attacking strategy .
My choice goes to Lazio , beside they are my favorite team , they also have many good players and they have rotation system ....
So , Go Lazio !!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Everyone knows Man Utd were really lucky last season. This season, in the first round, they had the easiest group ever assembled in the Champion's League and they just scraped through. They are not going to win again.
Bayern Munich were totally outclassed by Glasgow Rangers in both games in the first round. It took a dive in injury time in the first game to scrape a draw for Bayern.
It took a dive in the box in the second game to get them through to the second round.
If either one of these decisions had been correct, Bayern would not have gone through.
If they had a proper ref in either of these games, then Bayern would not have qualified.
This leaves Barcelona and Lazio.
Man Utd and Bayern Munich are not in the same class.

D

·
0 Posts
Barcelona vs Manchester United would be the greatest showdown, with Barca thrashing the reds big time, like in 94-95 when United were soundly whacked 4-0 in the Nou Camp.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bayern v real , okay , let see what bayern can do after Mattheus went to USA .
I think they won't have any good captain and defender to replace him .

Moreover , real won't make it , from Spain I prefer Barca .

[This message has been edited by Lazindo01 (edited 07-03-2000).]

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Before several months I'd say Lazio-Bayern, but now the game that the italians show is not satisfactory. Probably Barsa or Man Utd would substitute Lazio. I'd be glad if Valencia or Dynamo reach the final, but no body in UEFA would allow that. Besides, it is not so realistic (at least for Dynamo).

R

·
0 Posts
check this out:
Barca vs Man U -quarterfinals
Barca vs Lazio -semi finals
Barca vs Bayern Munich -d' finals

Barca rules the Uefa league! and nobody does ok!
;) Barca FOREVER ;)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I would like to see Barca crush ManUre in the final of the CL. Not that I want Man U to qualify, but then if they lose in the final it will hurt more and they will know how Bayern münchen suffered last season from that VERY lucky game ..... Anywayz here are my priorities for winning the CL :

1) Barca
2) Lazio (although I am a Juve fan :) )
3) Bayern

I won't even consider a team like Man United.. Any team other team would be fine with me except this team..

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
if lazio beat valencia they will meet barca.
if they win i think they will have great changes to win cl

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
do you guys realise, that man u has a good chance of winning again? barca may be knocked out by chelsea, lazio by valencia, and man u is in terrific form at the moment, altho the game against real wasnt too good. i hate man u, but they have a good chance of winning now :(

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

D

·
0 Posts
I agree, they are in superb form lately, and have been in the league most of the season. But there have been only one or two good matches in the Champions League by Man Utd. Real Madrid don't have an excellent chance, but a good chance of defeating them at Old Trafford. Lazio is probably out, but should Barcelona also go out, and Man Utd beat Real, then it's most likely Man Utd will win, but then they will meet Bayern Munich in the semi-final. I thought another draw out of the hat was made as to who faces who in the semi-final.

D

·
0 Posts
Now instead of hoping Barca would face Man U in the final and thrash them, Real has given the Reds a beating in the quaters, which effectively means we won't see Man U in the final. I'm hoping for an all-spanish final, would be nice to see Barca and Real square-off, but it also be nice if Bayern can win it since they came so close last season.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts