Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my football, but I also am a keen Rugby League follower as I have spent most of my life in Sydney, Australia. I discovered a Serbian Rugby League site and came across the following jersey. Maybe we could incorporate something similar for WC2006. I like the blue and white jersey with the Serbian tricolour. Any thoughts?

http://www.rugbyxiii.co.yu/shop.htm

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Ha ha look at their site:

Belgrade is very big city with population of 2 million people, with very good bars, restaurants, disco clubs, very nice girls,… and very cheap beer, about 1 euro in bars. Come to Belgrade we promise you good rugby and fun.
That's crafted just for Brits, ain't it?

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Btw Fleka since you folow rugby wanna explain to me the difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union?

Btw I don't fancy those shirts too much, they look kind of cheesy.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andrija PFC said:
Btw Fleka since you folow rugby wanna explain to me the difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union?

Btw I don't fancy those shirts too much, they look kind of cheesy.

Andrija the vee on the jersey is a traditonal rugby league design. I would not have that for football.

Rugby Union was first League came later. In Union there is 15 a side in League 13. Union is more of a structured game and you must release the ball when you get tackled and a ruck is formed. In league there are 6 tackles and then the other team gain possession. Domestically here in the eastern seaboard of Australia League is huge and better then Rugby. There is an annual NSW V QLD rep game which is a massive ratings winner. Union however is much stronger Internationally and is probably the biggest sporting event after the footbal world club and the olympics.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
The shirts are ok, I like the back with name&number. Nice as a gift as well :) But in all seriousness, if the football NT wont have the V, then how exactly do you envision the tricoulour on it Fleka? Cause without it, the shirts are nothing really special. Somehow reminds me of Rangers.

Drei said:
hey and those jerseys look cool, need a bigger sponsor on em!!! i got myself those Serb Lotto Jerseys that are made in Romania, gotta say crap quality and i paid like $90 on it, material is coming apart...they should of stuck to Adidas.

:D Why? Are you part Serbian? It's disgraceful that Lotto makes shirts that fall apart.

BTW :star: @ Timisoara. I really have to go there once soon.

·
Registered
965 Posts
monte said:
The shirts are ok, I like the back with name&number. Nice as a gift as well :) But in all seriousness, if the football NT wont have the V, then how exactly do you envision the tricoulour on it Fleka? Cause without it, the shirts are nothing really special. Somehow reminds me of Rangers.

:D Why? Are you part Serbian? It's disgraceful that Lotto makes shirts that fall apart.

BTW :star: @ Timisoara. I really have to go there once soon.
oh yeh they gotta change from Lotto, im not happy with my Lotto Serb jersey..even Nike would do, im not a Nike fan but yeh even they will do..

dude not even i know what i am...i guess my blood is more serb, like 3rd generation serb from romania..yeh u should go to Timisoara pleanty of nice girls there ;) and pleanty of Serbs too...they got their own section in the city centre in Timisoara..i cant wait to go back next yr and catch some Timisoara games seeing they got some top players like Viorel Moldovan and Cosmin Contra in the team now, and their crowd average 35,000 a game one of the highest in eastern europe behind a few of the russian clubs.

Ill be in Timisoara next yr, in the European summer, most likely ill be moving over to England so im closer to Romania..

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Drei said:
dude not even i know what i am...i guess my blood is more serb, like 3rd generation serb from romania....
I get it. But you do feel more attached to Romania I reckon?

Drei said:
yeh u should go to Timisoara pleanty of nice girls there ;)
I am a girl ;)

Drei said:
and pleanty of Serbs too...they got their own section in the city centre in Timisoara..
Yes I heard about that and that makes it even greater but even before I knew about it, Timisoara was my fav Romanian city.

Drei said:
i cant wait to go back next yr and catch some Timisoara games seeing they got some top players like Viorel Moldovan and Cosmin Contra in the team now, and their crowd average 35,000 a game one of the highest in eastern europe behind a few of the russian clubs
I heard about these amazing turnouts. Good luck to your team :cool: (Cosmin Contra should be playing for a European top team.)

Drei said:
Ill be in Timisoara next yr, in the European summer, most likely ill be moving over to England so im closer to Romania..
In 2006? Have fun. Maybe I can make it this year when I'm in SCG.

·
Registered
965 Posts
monte said:
I get it. But you do feel more attached to Romania I reckon?

I am a girl ;)

Yes I heard about that and that makes it even greater but even before I knew about it, Timisoara was my fav Romanian city.

I heard about these amazing turnouts. Good luck to your team :cool: (Cosmin Contra should be playing for a European top team.)

In 2006? Have fun. Maybe I can make it this year when I'm in SCG.
well yeh some what, because i cant really speak serb, only my parents can, if i would have grown up in Ro i would have known Serb too because i would of went to Serb school there, like this i know only romanian..ahh ok,

sorry, ok well in ur care pleanty of nice guys...

make it next yr.. i was gonna go this yr, but im stuck down to my job for the time being, i need the exprience coz its hard to break through in I.T but next yr im quiting...and hopefully moving over to europe for abit.

hey i bet u didnt know Timisoara was the first city in europe to have electricity ;) and yeh its one of the nicest cities in Ro...though i gotta say Bucuresti is very modern even compared to Sydney.

hey and Cosmin Contra is playing for a top club...:) its where his whole career began, his back home now!! and i hope Atletico Madrid release him, we need him.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I did know that about the electricity and I believe they had the first tramway as well. About Bucu - I dont feel anything special towards it. Modern? :undecide: Maybe but the cars are still very crappy as in Belgrade. And it has some nasty outskirts as far as I heard..

'Singurii prieteni ai Romaniei sunt Sarbii si Marea Neagra' :) :cool:.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
From the guys in the Romanian forum I heard something about Poli having the biggest average attendance in Romania right now, like 40.000 people :eek:, is that true?

Anyway on topic, the shirt looks cool and rugby rules!

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
What's that Monte, that quote about Romania's 2 friends, Serbs and the Black Sea? :D

If so, well I've always been a fan of Romanian football, so HAI ROMANIA!

EDIT: Yeah, next time I'll read the entire thing first. :eek:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Drulo said:
From the guys in the Romanian forum I heard something about Poli having the biggest average attendance in Romania right now, like 40.000 people :eek:, is that true?

Anyway on topic, the shirt looks cool and rugby rules!
yeh 40,000, when the team is'nt doing so well they get around 20,000, most loyal supporters in Ro...my grandfather was a poli supporter, my dad was too, so am I till I die...

P.S. i got a few red star jerseys too, but don't tell anyone!!!u do know Poli's alliance team is Red Star, if they play in Romania Poli fans are meant to back them up against any other Romanian team except Rapid!

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Drulo said:
What's that Monte, that quote about Romania's 2 friends, Serbs and the Black Sea? :D
Yes :cool: Easy & cool language huh? I like the quote

Drei you are still friends. The 99 situation doesnt matter, no single poor nation can act stubborn towards the USA.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.