Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soccer / Idan Tal to sign with Bolton Wanderers
By Tomer Levi

Maccabi Haifa midfielder Idan Tal will head to England tomorrow to sign with English Premier League side Bolton Wanderers, where he will join his Israel teammate Tal Ben Haim.

Tal will sign a three-year contract worth a reported $600,000 a season, subject to his passing medical tests. Tal will not train with the club and if he is asked to hold trials with Bolton will return immediately to Israel.

"I was very surprised by the offer. I know it causes a lot of problems for Haifa for next season, but [coach] Roni Levi gave me his blessing," Tal said.

Tal recently turned down a contract extension with Haifa.

The 31-year-old previously played in England for Premier League side Everton and in Spain with Rayo Vallecano.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

what can i say?
Is this immediate or next season?
I guess next season we will be having 3 Israeli's in the EPL!
This is good.....

whats ur take on this?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
whats my take on this?

I'm fine with this, actually i'm very happy with it. Tal deserves another chance and 600k a season is a very good contract....he's already in his 30's so i was a bit suprised to see him getting signed for 3 years! Anyways, this will also give one of the youngsters at Haifa a chance to prove themselves. Good luck to Tal, i hope he gets enought time on the pitch to show Sam that he's actually worth the signing, and good luck to the guy who'll fill in his spot!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arik1983 said:
why 3 israelis ?

we will have benayoun, ben-haim, katan AND tal !

im extremely horrible in mathematics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ירוק OLE! said:
whats my take on this?

I'm fine with this, actually i'm very happy with it. Tal deserves another chance and 600k a season is a very good contract....he's already in his 30's so i was a bit suprised to see him getting signed for 3 years! Anyways, this will also give one of the youngsters at Haifa a chance to prove themselves. Good luck to Tal, i hope he gets enought time on the pitch to show Sam that he's actually worth the signing, and good luck to the guy who'll fill in his spot!

This is a much wanted contract. I think that they will use him up for a 1.5 years or so and then loan him to a lower leauge team to use him up. He still got juice and i hope he will learn a thing or 2 in Bolton.

But it will be odd..

never had a foreign derby with 2 israelis vs. 2 israelis...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts