Xtratime Community banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
We understand Toni. He’s certainly not a top player. Regardless of what he demonstrates on the pitch or if he will score 35 goals (even Immobile scored more) and win the Scudetto (even Roque Junior won a Scudetto). Let’s move on.

·
Registered
46,538 Posts
We understand Toni. He’s certainly not a top player. Regardless of what he demonstrates on the pitch or if he will score 35 goals (even Immobile scored more) and win the Scudetto (even Roque Junior won a Scudetto). Let’s move on.
Roque Junior is the example which proves you haven't understood.
Yep, Roque Junior won a scudetto when serie A was better, no he didn't have the same impact Ibra has (not nearly indeed).Try again.

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
I think you misunderstood. Btw. let’s not underestimate Roque. He was great when Brazil won the World Cup 😀

·
Registered
23,971 Posts
CR7 talks about compesating and he is more than 3 years and 4 months younger than Ibrahimovic. Ibrahimovic has just turned 39 years old. I believe you are well past 40 so you should understand that 3 years are not peanuts when you are around 40 years old. There is a reason if 99% of payers have retired at Ibra's age.
They have retired because they already had the career they wanted and they cant motivate themselves to do the training needed to stay at the top. This sometimes or even often having been accelerated by some injury.

I used to believe like you about players age, after years of hearing this and seeing players retire early or simply not having it in them anymore. I was sure I would not play football much after I was 30. Now I am 45 and my teammates dont need to be ashamed by seeing me on the pitch. In fact last season as a left back I barerly let the opponents have a single goalscoring chance from my side. the clearest difference in age is that I cant get up to top speed as quick as before.

The reason is simply what I said. I have been motivated to compete and be at the same level as before.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Johan probably wants to say that if he can stay at almost the same level as he was 15 years ago as an amateur, why shouldn't Zlatan as a professional be able to do the same, when he can train every day and have all the best facilities. Mind you, not everybody could maintain the same level at a high age, but Zlatan is not like everyone else...

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Anyway even if you try your best to spoil our first happy moments in about a decade, this discussion is not really going change yours or ours opinion of Zlatan or Milan
I am still happy about Milan topping Serie A even if only for a few months and even if Italian players and league is Scottish pub league level :D

·
Registered
46,538 Posts
Johan probably wants to say that if he can stay at almost the same level as he was 15 years ago as an amateur, why shouldn't Zlatan as a professional be able to do the same
Assuming that Johan has not been a professional just because he was not skilled enough, I have no doubt that now, at 45, he could not be a professional also for physical reasons.

·
Registered
46,538 Posts
Anyway even if you try your best to spoil our first happy moments in about a decade, this discussion is not really going change yours or ours opinion of Zlatan or Milan
I am still happy about Milan topping Serie A even if only for a few months and even if Italian players and league is Scottish pub league level :D
I have been on Xtratime time enough not to be that deluded.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
If I win I am Swede, if I lose I am an immigant.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts