Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Not yet official even though all signs point to him joining us. Agreed he'll be a leader, but his age is a concern. What we do not have to worry about is his desire, determination and hunger. He's self-motivated and you can rely on him to give 101%. Still I feel we shouldn't stop at him alone. Let's get one or two more good, experienced players alongside him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D press said Milan had 3 priorities,an attacker,mid-fielder and a defender.And I think Milan will equally press for either modric or rakitic ds January market.

Sent from my Infinix X606C using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
He would clearly improve the attack, which just needs an effective player. I do worry about his lack of competitive rhythm, having played outside of top league for a long time and being frankly extremely old by now, so for example injuries are a concern.

However our attack is in very poor shape, and even now he is as close as it gets to a sure thing in terms of return for a free transfer right now. And of course he is not only a goal scorer but someone who can make others play better.

In other words: it is a desperate measure, but these are desperate times. He probably would not be able to play 90 minutes all the time either, so it would not not necessarily mean no opportunities at all for Piatek. As for Leao, I genuinely think he need to be used as a winger given our needs and his lack of killer instinct. Discipline tracking back should be easier to improve than the prolific goalscoring reflexes, which most attackers either have or don't.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I love the way serie A has also become the adopted league for old players who have already spent one or more seasons in the leagues which offer nothing but easy money. Who's next? Iniesta? Fernando Torres?

·
Registered
16,829 Posts
main thing is he could add a lot to this team as a tactical outpost, pretty much as a holding-up-the-ball type of player which is rarer in today's faster game
he will be less individually brilliant than he used to be of course, but this is a good chance for younger players to play off of him and improve their game.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I love the way serie A has also become the adopted league for old players who have already spent one or more seasons in the leagues which offer nothing but easy money. Who's next? Iniesta? Fernando Torres?
How is Iniesta doing? He would probably improve our midfield as well.
It's a no brainer if we can snatch Zlatan. He is a special case even at his age as he as always been so strong physically. And he will bring some needed winner mentality, personality and leadership, much more than someone like Higuain.
He will surely tell off the likes of error prone players like Piatek, Rebic, Biglia when they make a sloppy pass!

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
By the way, Cavani seems potentially attainable too. Would be a very good signing.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah I was thinking of Cavani as well. But isn't he somewhat similar to Piatek? A finisher who needs others to create for him? Imagine getting him and Zlatan. We'd be overloaded in the attacking department but who cares? The rest are trash anyway (or a level above trash)

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
Iniesta would have been a great get right after his Barca stint. Now probably still too, but of course not as good.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Ibra will be a very short term solution.
How old is he again?

The management is sending the wrong signal here. We need a long term plan.

Don’t get swayed by the Swedish posters here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
By the way, Cavani seems potentially attainable too. Would be a very
Yeah I was thinking of Cavani as well. But isn't he somewhat similar to Piatek? A finisher who needs others to create for him? Imagine getting him and Zlatan. We'd be overloaded in the attacking department but who cares? The rest are trash anyway (or a level above trash)
He is more complete than Piatek though, more like a more skilled Mandzukic; he's played LW quite often too. Also just better.

But indeed he is much less skilled, creative, and less of a focal presence than Zlatan, though personally it seems to me above all what we badly need right now is someone who will take the chances. For me the main problem with Piatek is not his style as a pure poacher but the fact that he is not scoring.

At any rate I was thinking more as in an alternative to Zlatan rather than both together.

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
he really seems to be coming. Still did almost a goal a game in the states.

But moreso, he is the kind of player we need. He can hold up the ball and relieve pressure, he can provide for teammates and he scores.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
he really seems to be coming. Still did almost a goal a game in the states.

But moreso, he is the kind of player we need. He can hold up the ball and relieve pressure, he can provide for teammates and he scores.
Plus he would at least earn us a little respect from the referees and some fear from the opposition. It's painful seeing how disrespectful these referees have been to us. Over time I came to notice that the refs tend to defer/respect or be a bit more favorable to teams with renowned stars.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Of course would take Ibra.

Piatek can learn something from him. The problem with Piatek is that everyone knows he cant dribble or outrun someone AND he most cases tries to dribble or outrun defenders and almost every time fails. Should watch some Pippo tapes ffs

If they don't trust Caldara will return to full fitness and self esteem than a defender should be a priority as Musachio is serie B level and many times even lower.

Also, a midfielder instead of Kessie.

Dissatisfied with Rebic as he came with high hype, but also he hadn't been given many chances and it is always tricky to adapt to a new league and to a team struggling.

Leao showed some promise but is very raw. Until now his career is going Niang path.

Bennacer has had some ups but many downs. Hope he will surpass Mauri.

To bad Duarte got injured. I think he was better than Musachio.

Krunic even though not the worst isnt a difference maker. Maybe an ok sub to have.

·
Registered
803 Posts
D press said Milan had 3 priorities,an attacker,mid-fielder and a defender.And I think Milan will equally press for either modric or rakitic ds January market.

Sent from my Infinix X606C using Tapatalk
Please let it be Rakitic !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 76 Posts