Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ian Taylor has rejected the first draft of a new deal that was offered to him. This does not mean that he wants to leave Villa, he just wants to be paid the same amount as the other players!

I'm sure JG will offer him this...Taylor afterall is 110% Villa!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More to add on Taylor, this from JG!
Aston Villa boss John Gregory has urged the club to offer midfielder Ian Taylor the contract he feels he deserves, to prevent him walking out on the club when his present deal expires.
He has already turned down one contract, believing his solid performances in the heart of the midfield make him worth more than Villa have offered, and Gregory agrees: "The fact he is a life-long Villa fan and loves it here does not mean he is going to necessarily be content with earning a wage which is less than he feels he deserves."
"There is a risk of losing Ian Taylor this summer or a risk of him going into the last 12 months of his contract and saying 'I'm going to walk out under the Bosman Ruling in 12 months' time,' said a concerned Gregory."
"I'd love Ian Taylor to sign a contract which reflects his service of the last few years and his standing in the football club. To be honest I can't risk losing him and someone taking him away from us."

Please Doug make sure Taylor stays!

[This message has been edited by Natalya (edited 16-03-2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts