Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool legend and current striking coach Ian Rush believes that despite speculation about the future of both Gerard Houllier and Michael Owen, both will still be at Anfield next season.

The Liverpool striker has only got 17 months remaining on his contract and while Gerard Houllier still believes the England star will extend his stay on Merseyside, many believe he may leave if the Reds fail to land a Champions League place.

Houllier, meanwhile, is no stranger to reading other managers beling linked with his job but Rush believes it would be a mistake for either of them to leave Anfield.

"Michael's future has been talked about but I know how much he loves the club and the supporters," says Rush. "He appreciates what Liverpool have done for him when he was a youngster bursting through. He respects the manager enormously. It goes a long way as a player if you like the manager. I don't think Michael would be very happy if anything happened to Gerard Houllier. There is a special affinity at Liverpool, not just between Michael and Gerard but, for example, between the boss and Steven Gerrard. Steve signing a new contract illustrated that.

"I know that Michael is desperate to be playing European Champions League football. I believe that Liverpool will get that fourth spot. As for all the talk of Gerard Houllier's job being under threat, to pull the rug from under his feet now would achieve nothing. I believe that both Michael and the manager will be here next season. It would certainly help Michael's decision if Gerard remained."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
NB: This isn't my view but a copy and paste job, I know how precious some of you get when posts that don't fit into your agenda are posted but...well...tough. Makes interesting reading even if I don't agree with it all.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
This is in reference to the article. I am ignoring the quotes you place below the article. So bear that in mind CR.

Ian Rush is not the chairman or executive officer of the club.

However here is what he said in summary

1. I believe LFC will get 4th place
2. I believe because of that Ged will stay on
3. I believe Owen will stay on because LFC gets 4th place and Ged stays on.

So the question is what if we dun get 4th place?

Anyway I agree the sacking the manager midway in the season is detrimental to our CL hopes, as long as LFC is in the running for the CL, I dun think the ppls in charge want GH to go yet.

Ged should have been gone before this season started. Thus we are stuck in this bit of a mess.

·
International
1,878 Posts
CardiffRed:

Thanks for posting this article. It is nice to hear the comments from a Liverpool great on his views.

Just to clarify, I do not have an agenda. I only have my views and that's about it.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Interesting, Well im not sure what Owen/the players think of Gerard.I know Sami H doesnt think to highly of him but thats it.I would of thought that Owen would rather Houllier to go.I mean if your one of the worlds top strikers do you want to chase long balls from defence or get proper service from midfield.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
yes i'm quite interested as to how the players look at the manager.

i know these views aren't public but is it possible we could compile a list from observations' we've made?

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Compilation:

Dudek: :wallbang:
Kirkland: :frownani:
Jones: :cool:
Finnan : :relieved:
Carragher: :relieved:
Biscan : :dazed:
Hyypia: :rolleyes:
Henchoz: :confused:
Traore: :sleepy:
Riise: :depress:
Hamann: :star:
Gerrard: :frustrat:
Murphy: :kiss:
Cheyrou: :yawn:
Diouf: :party:
Diao: :googly:
Kewell: :confused:
Owen: :nervous:
Heskey: :kiss:
Pongolle: :confused:
Le Tellec::confused:

Vignal and Babbel: :mad: :mad:

Houllier: :stress: :stress: :stress:

Fans: :sleepy::sleepy:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Biscan : :dazed:
Wouldn't Biscan be alongside Heskey giving GH many a big :kiss:?

If GH isn't given the axe soon (for your sakes in the summer) then the board should resign. The loyalty they are showing to their manager is admirable but it is ultimately detrimental to the club's very standing in the game.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
He is now fearing the ax after being subbed.

Heskey can go 90 mins of invisibility without being subbed.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Heskey can go 90 mins of invisibility without being subbed.
Yeah you've got wonder sometimes. Reminds me of SBR's unwavering loyalty to Titus...

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
That's why you are not 4th.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
That's why you are not 4th.
... and here I was thinking it's because Charlton rock :howler: ;)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mindscape you know the team so well.

Kirkland and Gerrard unhappy with the manager yet both have signed deals because of the managerv (not my words)

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
CR

Kirkland is depressed and crying cos he is injured
Gerrard's 'face' reminds me of him no matter who he faces. Ged, Heskey, whoever.

I can't exactly put :tongue: next to Kirkland can I?

Think you read too much into the previous posts and assume that those cute smilies are my condensed answer to how a player feels now.

Ok happy?

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
To please you I can always do this

True Fans - :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Ged: :angel:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 thing, why has Houllier got a Halo?

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
CardiffRed said:
1 thing, why has Houllier got a Halo?
He is the saviour of Liverpool from the dark days of Roy Evans when he keep on getting 3rd and 4th and got pushed aside cos he can't seem to win the title after 4 seasons.

Hey

Wait a minute....that's doesn't square.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Loving every minute.

D

·
0 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Mindscape you know the team so well.

Kirkland and Gerrard unhappy with the manager yet both have signed deals because of the managerv (not my words)
Gerrard signed the contract because he's Liverpool through and through and he loves the club. Houllier had fukk all to do with it. Kirkland signed his contract because this is one of the biggest clubs in Europe and he's a fan, again, fukk all to do with Houllier.

You say it's not your words, it is your words, and Rush's words and every other idiot brainwashed by the spin of Houllier.

The article is nonsense, Rush is a Houllier lackie and nothing more, he's lost the respect of the Kop because every time he opens his mouth it's Houllier's words coming out.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes of course Rush has lost the Kop......:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts