Xtratime Community banner

Iago

2K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  CUG 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Is it official? Its still one source saying it, no? If it happens, nice little signing.

One I hope means we wont be seeing Sali play left wing anymore :groan: And its not like there is space for right wing either with the only backup player Marchionni allways being injured. Assuming Iago is that good.

#4 ·
That was really sweet :tongue: .
Personally I was inclined to think it was a play on Tiago's character when opening the thread.

Also... of course.... because I have absolutely no idea who Iago Falqué is - or how talented he is. If there's a Cesc in there I'm rather happy though :D .

#10 ·
Ranieri on todays general press conference mentionned Iago a bit:

"We've been following Iago, potentially he's a quality player. We need to make this sort of investment for the first team and for the junior team.
Iago is technically very good, he needs to beef up because he has a slight build, but he has everything he needs to become a good player."

For those who are so sure we wil just loan out Iago immediately to the likes of Empoli and only see the back of him. Not gonna need to mention Ranieri's trust in some youngsters in Chelsea, but a very clear example of a player we even have now:

Sissoko was EXACTLY the same age and sitaution Iago is in now when Ranieri got him for Valencia. An 18 year old who had not played a SINGLE senior football game for Auxerre or at all yet, but immediately jumped in to play 43 games for Valencia (he was VERY RAW and error prone, but still got minute due to raw talent he showed). So Ranieri isnt of the typical calcio school of disregarding players based on their age, the opposite if he believes in them. So it all depends on if Iago is the good talent he is proclaimed to be.

#15 ·
Osman, I am highly skeptical that Falqué is going to get a chance at Juve this season. First of all, he lacks the physical strength that Ranieri likes in his players. Sissoko, Lampard, Terry, the players he has bought and developed, and, his specifically requested, Poulsen are all big players who can throw their bodies around. The only reason that Marchisio is playing is because he is a relatively powerful player and has been judged by Ranieri to be ready for the physical rigors of Serie A. Secondly, I don't believe Ranieri was responsible for this buy as he likes players who, as mentioned above, are physically powerful. I think it is much more likely that Secco and Gigle were responsible for this given Gigli's recently professed admiration for Barcelona's youth system. This move, as stated by Secco is more for Juventus' youth than their first team and I doubt he will be integrated any time soon.

In a side note, I think Giovinco is going to find it very tough to get more than a bit part at Juve this year and even that bit part is going to be a struggle. He is behind Trez, Amauri, Del Piero, Iaquinta, and most likely Nedved and he isn't the powerful player that Ranieri likes. Unless there is a change of coaches, Giovinco is going to be starved for playing time. Especially with the way Ranieri handles his substitutions.

#11 ·
I got to attend two games in which Iago Falqué featured (Belgium-Spain U19 Euro semi-final & Spain-England U19 Euro final, May 2007) and I remember he was the player that most caught my eye along with Fran Merida, Ignacio Camacho and Bojan Krkic.

Obviously, I'm very pleased we signed him (4 years deal). Excellent job! :star:

#12 ·
I think you'll find those matches were at Under-17 level.

Iago has never impressed me that much. If he stayed with Barca I could see him ending up like Marc Crosas - a player who's good, but ultimately not good enough. With Messi in the team and Gai coming through there's just no place for Iago. Good luck to him.

#14 ·

Falque Silva Yago signs 4 year-contract with Juventus

Juventus Football Club have acquired from FC Barcelona the multi-year rights to footballer Silva Yago's sporting performances, agreeing to a four-year contract with the player, valid until June 30th 2012.

Yago, a wide left midfielder, was born on January 4th 1990 in Vigo and is a regular in the Spanish Under-19 side.

The player underwent his medical today and then signed the contract at the Club's headquarters. Yago expressed his satisfaction for the deal: «I'm happy to have the chance to join a prestigious Club such as Juventus. I'm excited about the idea of being able to train with huge stars and I can't wait to begin. I hope I can make myself useful and show my skills. I wish to thank Claudio Ranieri for the praise he bestowed on me and I’m committed to honouring his expectations».

Alessio Secco – speaking to Juventus Channel – wanted to express his satisfaction for the transfer: «Yago is a very promising youth; we'd been following him for some time. He will need to get stronger and he'll be playing with the Youth Team. This signing confirms Juventus' regard for younger players».

#16 ·
You are overstating the importance Ranieri puts in power, even though its a very valid point still. I dont think Giovinco will suffer to get playing minutes just because likes of Iaquinta and Nedved is more powerful, he will bench them on quality. I think Ranieri will integrate him very slowly to the starting eleven, giving him alot of subs here and there to get used to the build up, while not getting the pressure of being a starting player.

And yeah, Iago seems to be quite weak physiclaly, so he will need to buff up if he is to get any chance with the first team any time soon. He is a youth team player who prolly will get bit part subs later on in the season if he merits it.

#17 ·
Excellent news :)

#20 ·
Awesome, he'll be quite an asset if he's given a fair chance, great player, excellent prospect.

#28 ·
#30 ·
Iago scored for Spain U19 yesterday as they beat a rather newly componed England-side with 3-0 in Bournemouth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.