Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Not? Hes got 2 characteristics of Davids ie fast and competitive nature, but the reason why he'll be so useful for Juve is his size and strength. Davids can break up play by tackling but Viera is capable of heading and overpowering the opposition. I think he would fit in perfectly. We need a physical presence in midfield.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
It's not a question of "why not" - it's a question of YES- GO GET HIM! But we're already neatly covered in central midfield ofcourse.
Left wing and a striker are the only real priorities as far as I'm concerned. If we get both of those Vieira would be a luxury. And a great one too :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Heh, now we are 3 who would love see Vieira in Juve. Once there was just me and glen. He handled Davids well today. Did you see him? He was great. Davids and Vieira would make a scary couple! :D :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
During the Holland / France match one of the commentator's said that he is likely to stay at Highbury for at least another season( he is only 23 ), even though Juve are intrested. So hopefully we'll get him next season, but still u never no, in this crazy transfer world of football ? :confused: !

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah, i would definitely like to see Viera in Juve too. Imagine 2 tough tackling guys back to back......Viera gets in, he couldn't get the ball, Davids gets in, the opponent's leg will break!! When i saw France v Holland, they dare not tackle each other as hard as they would in their clubs, maybe Viera is coming to juve afterall. They did talk and apologize alot after each tackle. But seriously, having a 'Blackheart' in the middle of Juve's lineup is magnificent. Hmmmmm, Viera, Vieri, Viera, Vieri...........who will it be??

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Funny you mentioned it Yuan :), but I was thinking about the apology thing too. I don't really believe in it since I'm quite sure Moggi isn't letting anything fly to his players, but obviously Vieira could have told Davids -before or during the game- that they would be teammates next season.
There was one particular situation in the second half which caught my attention. Vieira made a rather late challenge without really doing any damage, and he looked like: "I'm REALLY sorry mate. I didn't mean to do that TO YOU." :)

And they talked a while and ended up shaking hands without the referees intervention. Anyway- seing how well Vieira played in the French SECOND TEAM (WOOOWWWW:)) I would prefer that combo over everything I think (someone would say Redondo, but I think the best is having a left footed AND a right footed player for those positions). In my honest opinion Vieira is the best defensive mid. in the French team, and only the fact that Deschamps is the captain makes him retain his position. Petit is awesome as well, but I think Vieri is faster and better technically.
Let's get him and Anelka. The lethal French triangle :).

Ciao.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts