Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won the 1stDiv then Premier league and then i beat Barca in Champions Cup final in CM3 , without any cheats, editors or something else. I was -20 000 000m becouse of rebuilding stadium so i was sighning players on a free or buying them after i sold O'Brien to Totenham for 20m.

------------Simonsen-----------------

--Jacobs--Richardson---White--Smith--

-----Shore--O'callaghan--Beagrie-----

----Rankin----Mills----Keane---------

I have very good tactic.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It IS possible to win with crap teams. I was Crewe (eng. div2) and I won Prem league within 4 years and was excellent in Europe as well. Actually I had some of the players Pelister had. Its all in the tactic!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What tactic are you using then ??

I only once played great and that was with Parma when i end the season with only one loss and one draw but in Europe i only reached to semi finals of the CL..

And with Coventry i play very good in the beginning but after a while nothing works anymore..

Some tips on the tactic ?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It is easier if u dont have the 3.04e update. Then u can just play three strikers and the cpu teams will "forget" the third dude and he will score ridiculous amounts of goals.

With the update I have found a tactic that really works. Its very offensive, but offense is the best strategy in CM3.

Its a basic 4-3-3 system and sometimes in away games i change to 4-3-1-2. These are just numbers. The real trick is the details.
I use pressing and hard tackling but not on the 2 central defenders. Dont worry, you wont get too many red cards for playing this tough. I get like two a season. You dont win games by being nice :) I use mixed passing but the midfielders use short cos they have the skill for it, Also its insane to have your defense engaging in neat short passing dont u think :). The central midfielder runs back about halfway to the defenders and should be a DMC. The two other run forward a bit to support the attack. EVERYONE is on "long shots", and EVERYONE except the attackers are zone marking. The left and right defenders run straight forward all the way up to the attackers. The L/R defenders and the DMC usually get mediocre ratings but dont worry, theyre doing their job. For the attackers u can play three or use one just behind as support. Normally I use three and get an early goal, then I switch. If I face a team thats "better" than me.

This tactic worked great for me both with top clubs and div1/2 sides.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks ST,

I'm going to try this as soon as my exams are finished :)

Actually i'm using CM99/00 v3.70 , do you think it will also work here ? It's just a newer version then CM3 i think or am i wrong ?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
It's a totally new game, so everything is different, Kevin. Go and try to find out yourself... :)

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Damn, if it won't work on CM99/00 i'm in big troubles. I have a very good team but i'm just not unbeatable and the title is slipping away again.. For the third season in a row it's only 3 points difference between me and Fiorentina ! Those ######## (censored ;)) have all the luck and i don't..

So, why are you still playing CM3 , isn't it rather old ? Is it much easier than CM99/00 ?

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 03-06-2000).]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hehee, I'm holding out for the new CM. When CM99/00 came out I just though it was some new players n stuff so I never got around to buy it. However, my pal used the tactic with 99/00 and it worked really good for him. I think the biggest change is that it seems harder for lower division clubs in 99/00. IMO, CM3 is generally harder cos some players are gods. When I played with Fiorentina, Ronaldo scored 4-5 goals like every other game. I just held off Inter with like 2 pts every season :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, i'm going to try it anyway in CM99/00 your tactic. I have to, because i hate it that i'm so good but still Fiorentina is always a little bit better :( It just ain't realistic i think. Also when i try to play with Lazio. Man, that's difficult..

I hope your tactic will work and otherwise i have to try some other stuff.

ST, i never buy those games. Way too expensive. CM99/00 i just downloaded from the internet and otherwise you can just buy copies ;)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Latest . Im playing with Inter .
First year: second in Cup , Third in calcio
second year: second in Cup , First in Calcio
third year: first in Cup , First in Calcio
fourth year: First in Calcio
fifth year: Second in Calcio
sixth year: First in Calcio
seventh year : First in Cup , First in Calcio

and this is Inter dream team:
------------------Peruzzi--------------------

--RB/Zanetti--CB/Beto--CB/Nesta--LB/Candela--

----------------DM/Baronio-------------------

--RM/Seedorf--MC/Di Biaggio--LM/Totti--------

--------------------AML/Ronaldo--------------

-----------SC/Vieri--------------------------

Subs: Dida ; Colonese ; Fiore ; Recoba ; Leandro ; Cassano.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts