Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amauri isn't just a good striker. He is a great striker.
He bears no resemblance or comparison with Iaquinta, he is at least two levels above. Not quite megastar quality, but easily elite in serieA and genuinely one of the hottest strikers around these days.

He has been a revelation also outside of the small-team structure he has previously been in, and he is an absolutely key reason we're doing as well as we are.

Grande, grande Amauri!

It is with great satsifaction I say that as regards you, I was wrong about most everything :proud: :pp:thumbsup: :star: .

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
This makes two of us. I also thought he wasn't that good.

·
Administrator
53,225 Posts
He suprises me big time too, even if I was telling you how he is obviously superior to Iaquinta and such. There is a difference in thinking someone has dynamic qualites such as he has, to expecting he will go to a big big team and take things by storm immediately. Highly impressive ****er, I was cautiously hoping he would be good enough backup, but boy did he deliver more then that.

·
Registered
46,082 Posts
Ha, Glen, I was right - the euphoria from last night's result has hit you in a big way. Engaging in small talk with CT, opening apology threads...I don't think I've ever witnessed you as happy as this. :D

Not sure what the deal was between you and kat but I wouldn't be surprised if you decided to spark up the "friendship" again in your current mood. :drunk:

P.S. I doubt bono will be able to annoy you for a while. ;)

·
Administrator
53,225 Posts
He is quite dynamic and has varied way of mixing strenght with skill, but its amazing how insanely efficient he is on with his head. ALOT of his goals are perfectly taken strong headers. With AND Trez in the team, we have one the few absolute best headers in the game.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Amazing signing, quality player..

Surely scoring when your marker is Kaladze isn't a hard mission but he proved his class since day 1..

Probably the signing of the season..

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
I didn't think he would be this effective for a big team either. I didn't want Milan to get him. He clearly was skilled for a strong type of striker, but he didn't really score so much.

In my head, he was another Kuranyi (who's similar to Iaquinta too). Now I've come to realise that the fact that he looks so much like Kuranyi had more to do with my judgement than his game.

·
Registered
17,740 Posts
I believe i made my mea culpa in the Milan thread already so i won't repeat myself, but he really has settled very well and has been consistently decisive for us (which i think is the biggest compliment for any striker), but he has also been a major reason why we have done as well as we have throughout our injury crisis.

He does everything you want in a big target man, he's strong in the air, holds the ball well, and takes his chances in front of goal. What more could we have asked for?

·
Administrator
53,225 Posts
Nah, Iaquinta is a goner for sure IMO. Unless Trez leaves, he would want to leave, and doubt we will stop him.

Our 5th forward will perhaps be Paolucci prolly.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
If the season ended today, Iaquinta would want out for sure -- and he'd be right to do so. It all depends now how things shape up for him during the second semester. When will Trezeguet be back and will he be the Trezegol we know? Does the medical staff think he can avoid another long-term injury? Will Amauri and DP stay injury-free themselves? Iaquinta could still have an important role to play.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think it should mostly come down to the club's future plans. Why would he stay when he knows the club want to focus on youth and there are 3 strikers above him in the peking order?

Ranieri should be focusing on giving Giovinco more playing time instead of Iaquinta because in 2-3 years Giovinco will be something big while Iaquinta will still be a sub.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I think it should mostly come down to the club's future plans. Why would he stay when he knows the club want to focus on youth (...)?
Seeing as you started a thread on this club having supposedly secured their future with young gems, you're obviously a believer but that's wishful thinking. Tell me, how do you KNOW they intend to focus on youth? What do you mean with that anyway? We're not fighting other clubs for their most precious youngsters (don't say Iago Falqué, we wouldn't have brought him in if he hadn't come free). Only inner, homegrown talent will be considered and I bet we're not seeing more of that once we have more cash flow to spend on confirmed players and once we stop getting carried away with the perspectives of our youth sector. Genuine gems ain't a dime a dozen.

Now I guess you were talking about Giovinco, right?

Let's see. Is Giovinco considered a forward or an offensive midfielder by this management? In other words, does he black a spot upfront? With the implied consequences (or lack thereof) in case Iaquinta leaves.

Artmedia - J
Nedved (Giovinco 70), Amauri, Iaquinta

J - Catania
Giovinco (Nedved 84), Del Piero, Amauri

Bate - J
Giovinco, Del Piero, Iaquinta (Amauri 81)

J - Palermo
Giovinco (Nedved 80), Amauri, Del Piero

J - Torino
De Ceglie (Giovinco 64), Del Piero, Amauri (Iaquinta 81)

Bologna - J
Amauri (Giovinco 70), Iaquinta --> FW

Zenit - J
Iaquinta (Amauri 87), Del Piero (Giovinco 78) --> FW

J - Reggina
Marchisio C. (Giovinco 70), Del Piero, Amauri (Iaquinta 76)

Lecce - J
Giovinco, Amauri --> FW

J - Bate
Giovinco (Esposito 87), Amauri (Del Piero 57) --> FW

-- courtesy of J1897 --

So looking at these, where does Giovinco play? It's debatable. Recent record would suggest he's starting to grow on Ranieri as a support striker when he started the season as an option for LW, but how much is down to the context?

·
Registered
46,082 Posts
Why would Trezeguet leave? Is he unhappy?

As for the youngsters, I agree with Steph in that there's nothing which shows an intention to focus on youth. Might be wrong, but what you're seeing is a result of the relegation to Serie B, which gave Juve the prime opportunity to examine their youth players, which was always going to be the main benefit of going down. In other words, it looks like more of a consequence of relegation rather than an out-and-out intention.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I said focusing on the youth because the management said that is what they are focusing on. But then again they are known to be notorious liars.

Do you think Iaquinta left Udinese as a starter to join Juventus as a late second half sub? Hell no.

Now he is realizing that he won't become a starter espicially after we bought Amauri.

Giovinco will not be used as a winger, which is stupid considering he's alot more effectiveas a winger who can drift to the center. More specificaly a trequartista, but thats out of the question as long as Ranieri is in charge.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts