Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow if he comes ! forget about ericsson, we need a capello, lippi, or hitzfield...

this is from soccernet.com

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has revealed he has received an approach from Chelsea to take over at Stamford Bridge next season.

However, the 45-year-old has reaffirmed his desire to remain with the Bundesliga giants until the end of his contract in the summer of 2005.

'Yes, I have received an offer (from Chelsea), but I will fulfil my contract until 2005,' he told German daily newspaper Bild.

Hitzfeld is one of Europe's most highly-rated managers, winning the Champions League with both Bayern and Borussia Dortmund.

And with continued speculation over the future of present Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri, it appears that the German is seen as the man to turn billionaire owner Roman Abramovich's expensively-assembled squad into genuine contenders for football's biggest prizes.

Hitzfeld has come under pressure recently after Bayern's exits from the domestic cup to second division opposition and the Champions League to Real Madrid.

His side are also nine points behind runaway league leaders Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga and his once steady seat with the Bavarians is beginning to wobble after six years of success.

However, Bayern manager Uli Hoeness is hoping that the coach will honour his contract with the club, adding: 'My philosophy is always to fulfil contracts.

'After the season, we'll get the team together and discuss things in the autumn.'

'Our hope is that we finish the contract,' Hoeness said when asked about Hitzfeld's future. 'If we end the season all right, we will sit and talk about a possible extension (to Hitzfeld's contract).'

Hoeness spoke after German media reported that Hitzfeld was in danger of losing his job and Bayern had approached VfB Stuttgart coach Felix Magath.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea deny Hitzfeld approach claims
By Ian Ferris - March 18, 2004

Chelsea Chief executive Peter Kenyon has dismissed reports that the Stamford Bridge outfit have offered German Ottmar Hitzfeld the manager's job from next season.
The 45-year-old claimed Chelsea had approached him, but Kenyon said: "This is totally untrue and without any foundation whatsoever.

"Chelsea have not made any approach to Ottmar Hitzfeld."

Earlier, Hitzfeld declared: "Yes, I have received an offer (from Chelsea), but I will fulfil my contract until 2005."

Hitzfield is currently the Bayern Munich coach.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Why Hitzfeld?

With Money Flowing... Abra can Attract the likes of CAPELLO, SVEN, LIPPI, ANCELOTTI, even sir alex and sir bobby and Arsene wenger. Surely one of These can sign.

Claudio is NOT doing a bad job either.

CL is different from Domestic. Chelsea can make it through.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
For the individual, At some point of time.. in the football business... it is Ethical to MOVE.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I think Hietzfield is using Chelsea as a lever to get better deals from Bayern.

Players do that all the time.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
I think Hietzfield is using Chelsea as a lever to get better deals from Bayern.

Players do that all the time.
considering his season,he should keep a low profile and hope he gets any deal at all from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts