Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its time to show some real appreciation to the players, management and board for this season.

Every season for the last 5 years or so we have completly destroyed everyone and given them SO much criticism i feel its only fair that we turn that around this season.

By now i expect:

1)A thread with at least 20 pages on how our manager is awful
2) Many jokes about Ghiradis weight and how he is inexpierienced
3) How all the players are jokes and should be sold
4) How Berta and Zamagna are disgraces to the game

To solve those Franco led us to about 16 games unbeaten and we sit joint TOP of Serie B since he has taken over we would be topping the leauge by a mile. Ghirardi has kept a superb squad together and despite many many people complaing during the off season i told everyone and argued that we had easily the best squad in the leauge and that has shown this season. He has done so well financially linking us with good players and has made some very smart transfers in Leon and Budel etc.

The players have played hard and it showed with a ten men win at home the other day great spirit from the lads i watched it and was most impressed.

Berta and Zamaga need some credit in my books. They have had more criticism that Pete trying out for X factor in recent years and I believe they are doing a superb job of scouting abroad. They brought in Mariga and we look set to either keep a top player or cash in big time. Also players such as troest and being linked with all these foriegners I have never heard of show huge ambition and structure.

Overall I am very very impressed in what has been a tough leauge and season we have handled it very well.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yeah i agree, it's easy for us to find the bad things in our team.. when in reality there isn't much wrong.
We are top of the league, and i'm still realistic, it wasn't too long ago we were 18th and i thought we'd be in Serie B for a long time.
The team has improved extraordinarily under Franco, imagine we didn't have the bad start to the season?!? We'd be miles clear at the top, but i'm still grateful for us being at the top, i didn't really expect us to do so well over the last months and i'm proud of everyone at the club for it.
We have a system that is working almost every game, we have players working hard, Paloschi has been great for us in terms of being patient and not complaining about bench time, as has Antonelli, Paponi and Mariga.. they have all waited until given a chance and proven themselves, greatly proven themselves.
Troest was a great find i think, he's been solid at the back and i think he can improve a lot which will make him one of Italy's more classy defenders.
Budel hasn't been too amazing for us admittedly, but i wasn't expecting much from him really.
Guidolin has given chances to the disgraced Falcone and he has delivered to some extent, but i still think he'll go in January.. and maybe it's for the best, cause he ain't so popular.
If we made a few shrewd signings next month i can see us flying straight back up, but if we don't i'd still be encouraged for next season.
I think being relegated and the state we got into really showed us that Parma are only a little club, they spent their millions in the past and now they're paying for it.. i'd be happy, actually i'd be delighted if we werea bottom half Serie A team for the next 20 years, just as long as we had a little bit of ambition.
On the whole i agree with you completely, but Ghirardi is porky :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is the first time in probably 5 seasons that we are not at the bottom end of Serie A, so we need to make the most of it... Its normally this time of the year, that we talk about a new manager for our struggling team, but im happy with what we have got. I met Ghiradi after the game the other week and from close up he really is the michellin man

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Haha lol, yeah he looks a bit pigeon toe husky ;) haha
Yeah i am enjoying Serie B, and that's all that matters to me.. i don't mind us staying here for a while.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I'll make my judgements at the end of the season. We're doing fairly well, especially now we are under Guidolin.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll make my judgements at the end of the season. We're doing fairly well, especially now we are under Guidolin.
Me too, I won't go overboard, we're doing better than I thought we would and it's nice to win a few away games after going so long without one. Paloschi's been a disappointment, Zenoni has improved but Kutuzov is still a joke though. There's a lot more improvement to come from a lot of the team, that's the good thing, we can get a lot better but we're still joint top. Happy Christmas

·
Registered
639 Posts
Haha lol, yeah he looks a bit pigeon toe husky ;) haha
Yeah i am enjoying Serie B, and that's all that matters to me.. i don't mind us staying here for a while.
Now we are on the top of Serie B,I have no doubt that after this season we'll back to Division 1.But if we don't want to reexperice our miserable 2007-2008 Serie A campaign,or become a second Chievo this year,we need to do a lot of work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts