Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Lita scored again! That's 4 goals in 3 for him and 7 for the year as yet. Had he not been injured for about 3 months and kept scoring at this rate, he would have scored about another 10, and have 24 goals at this stage. Bristol City should be ashamed for selling him for just £1m. He is still only 20 and on his one appearance for England U21s, he scored.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Is 1 million the whole deal? Or is there add ons, with a player with his talent if they haven't got lots of add on clauses worth lots of money, Bristol City have dropped a bollock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,768 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Is 1 million the whole deal? Or is there add ons, with a player with his talent if they haven't got lots of add on clauses worth lots of money, Bristol City have dropped a bollock.
Think it was 1m straight up, anyway he wanted to move up a level and if Leroy forced Bristol's hand then they had no choice.

Anyway they signed Brooker who was profilic for them, looking at it now i am sure Leroy would be glad as they are looking destined for League Two
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a City fan and it is interesting you should say that as I worked out the number of points Litas goals gained us and if it wasn't for him we would have finished 16th (we finished 7th). His departure and our plummet to this position is surely no coincidence. Also, I think there is a 20% sell on clause, and another sell on clause for when he kleaves his next club after he leaves Reading (if he leaves Reading).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
They still should have got some clauses in for if he was a big success...still 1 million is hardly peanuts, especially with how tight money is now at clubs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,768 Posts
Well you have to respect the player, he wanted to move up a level and it wasn't looking like it was going to happen at Bristol City especially as they always fell at the last hurdle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, and I wish his all the best for the future. And, may I wish Reading all the best for their impending title win and they will have a fine year next year, like West Ham, and Wigan if they sterengthen in defence. Also, you got Golbourne for about £120,000 I would guess. Not bad work, 2 England Junior Internationals for just £1.12m, while wqe gwt crappy Bas Savage in return later down the line. :frustrat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,768 Posts
Gunes=genius said:
Yes, and I wish his all the best for the future. And, may I wish Reading all the best for their impending title win and they will have a fine year next year, like West Ham, and Wigan if they sterengthen in defence. Also, you got Golbourne for about £120,000 I would guess. Not bad work, 2 England Junior Internationals for just £1.12m, while wqe gwt crappy Bas Savage in return later down the line. :frustrat:
Well I know how frustrating it must has been for Bristol City and their fans but looking at it, had Danny Wilson been kept who knows what could have happen. I understand that he failed at the last hurdle but since his sacking the club has gone backwards extremely quickly, I know that Tinnion was a quality players for you but I think that a more experienced manager was needed and hopefully in Gary Johnson you have someone who take you far in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interista said:
Well I know how frustrating it must has been for Bristol City and their fans but looking at it, had Danny Wilson been kept who knows what could have happen. I understand that he failed at the last hurdle but since his sacking the club has gone backwards extremely quickly, I know that Tinnion was a quality players for you but I think that a more experienced manager was needed and hopefully in Gary Johnson you have someone who take you far in the long run.
Yes, hopefulkly. Tinnion was a megolomaniac and destroyed the team that Wilson put together, (Coles, Doherty, Bell, etc).
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top