Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up today august 2000 and can report the following transfers have been made.

Bierhoff ->> Chelsea
Almeyda ->> Inter
Vieri ->> Lazio
Toldo ->> Roma
Buffon ->> Lazio
Thuram ->> Milan
C Lopez ->> Lazio
Salas ->> Parma
Boksic ->> Olimpic Marsielle
Ortega ->> Chelsea
Mboma ->> Roma
D Andersson -> Fiorentina
Baronio ->> Lazio
Morfeo ->> Fiorentina
Camarata ->> Fiorentina
Pirlo ->> Bologna ( loan )
Gerrard ->> Milan
Crespo ->> Juventus
Panucci ->> Roma
Osmanovski -> Tottenham
Baggio ->> Napoli :)
Milosevic -> Roma
Montella ->> Inter

Parma bought some great players for the huge amount of money they made selling Thuram and Co. Milan bought a backup attacker for Jose Mari and Sheva. Milan also sold Bierhoff to Chelsea who where looking for another senior citizen to join their ranks. Chelsea also sought to replace their small Wizard Zola and tried with another Parma playmaker - Ortega :)

Inter made a deal with Lazio and took Almeyda plus money for Vieri. Lazio also hunted down striker extraordinare C Lopez and finally bought the much sought for Buffon from Parma. In the deal Parma got Salas and Money. Inter will now use 3 attackers: Batigol - Montella - Recoba.

Roma wanted Panucci and Montella could no longer stand being subbed so he asked to be sold. Inter took Montella and gave Panucci plus money. Roma also took the great Savio Milosevic from real Zaragosa and could barely hold on to Totti who really wanted to dress in a Milan Jersey for next season ( the guy likes it red ).

Lazio felt that they had spent to much money on offensiv players and are still looking for a strong defending midfielder, Baronio is just not strong enough and all the trouble Lazio had with their defenders last season reminded them so they went looking for a central defender and are still trying to free Martin Laursen from Verona. While Boksic is back at the club where he won the scoring table before moving to Juventus, that season Boksic scored more then 20 goals for OM and he looks to do the same this season. Lazio is also looking for a place to put De La Pena ?!? the attacking midfielder was hailed as the next thing but failed to impress after some injuries. It almost looks like De La Pena might make the Lazio squad for this season as a joker ?? no final notes on that one though.

All an all it was a hectic transfer season and the theme was " Serie A is going to buy all the success from La Primera " this seasons Champions Leuage is going to be an italian affair and the same with the UEFA cup.

D

·
0 Posts
don't forget next year Barca and Real will also be stronger , and what about bayern and Manchester.......and Valencia with hasselbaink will still be very dangerous.
ok Juve has always succes in the CL ,but both inter and milan will suck .

what about saviola,riquelme,aimar,ronaldo assis,rivaldo,palermo,jardel,nistelrooy,kewell,phillips,salva,catanha,lucarelli,kallon

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Next year parma gets relegated,right Svennis? ON YOUR DREAMS!

Thuram and Buffon are staying...for Crespo I'm starting to doubt.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amoroso it all depends on whether or not Parma will reach a CL place for next season. If Parma reaches a CL place then I´m pretty sure that the team stays basiclly the same, but if not I´m convinced that Parma will get rid of some players.

I hate Milan but I still see them as the club closest to signing Thuram. Milan needs new defenders and in the central position one could argue if they would find a better player then Thuram ( Nesta, Montero, Canavarro in italy are close ).

Buffon is a great goalie but not irreplaceable .. to be honest I really feel that Lazio should stop looking at such expensiv goalies like Toldo and Buffon - I´m sure that we can find a superb goalie for lot less money. Still Salas is going to leave and I have doubts for Inzaghi.

It could also look like this:

Crespo ->> Juventus
Inzaghi ->> Inter
Vieri ->> Lazio
Salas ->> Parma
Buffon ->> Lazio

Or we could see Montella in Parma if Inter takes F Inzaghi and Juve takes Crespo.

The thing that would please me the most is this: Toldo ( Lazio ) Thuram, Buffon, Cannavaro, Crespo stays at Parma, Juve keep Inzaghi, Salas goes to Inter while Vieri goes to Lazio. Montella goes to spain and Sheva goes to Bayern :)

Forza Lazio !!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
But Parma will qualify for CL, by a win next weekend. We all are sure of that, aren't we ?

Anyways, I hope you will secure a place as a Honor-Aborigine, by dreaming so visionary.

I myself dream of Ze Roberto coming to Lazio. Perfect player for us.

L

·
0 Posts
Why not Montella in Lazio?
When he once become a star in Sampdoria, Eriksson was the coach.
I don´t think either Eriksson or Montella has anything against that.
Think Montella-S Inzaghi-Lopez in the attack.

Is Baronio really so good as all say, I have never seen him play and why didn´t he suceeded last year when he played in Lazio.

M

·
0 Posts
Personally, I would like Lazio to start with this team next year...

GK: Buffon
DL: Mihaijlovic
DR: Pancaro
DC: Nesta
DC: Simeone?
ML: Rivaldo
MR: Sergio Concecaio
MC: Almeyda
MC: Verón
FC: Claudio Lopez
FC: Salas/S.Inzaghi

You must all agree with that team we would dominate serie A and europe. It would cost about £60,000,000 to sign Lopez, Rivaldo and Buffon but these three would take us the step further that we need. However, I think we could do with another centre back, unless I've missed someone out?
Lopez and Salas in attack would be fantastic. It's got everything pace, power, dribbling and finishing. Even good in the air (Salas is).
The midfield...well, what can I say...its brilliant. Rivaldo, Almeyda, Veron and Concecaio!
The only unsure thing for me is the defence. Nesta is solid and I quite like Pancaro and Mihaijlovic but these are ageing. Last of all, Buffon is one of the best keepers there are at the moment + he's young. Good investment I think!!

------------------
Soccer predictions, win $500... http://www.europeanfooty.com

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Personally, Svennis, PERSONALLY, I would love to dream that Sheva goes to Lazio! (Though Bayern is still preferable to Milan)Darn, he's my favorite striker since his Dinamo days and it looks like Milan won't let him go, not at least in the next 4-5 years for they consider him to be something of a future investment, like some others...
Even in your dream Sheva didn't go to Lazio...I'm so sad here ^_^

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It´s not a dream I belive that these deals will go down.

Yksel might not go to Tottenham but I´m sure that Chelsea will try and get Bierhoff as well as Arsenal.

I don´t see Sheva leaving Milan ever since he´s the perfect striker for them and probably any other team.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Thank You for giving us Crespo svennis :).
Did I eat something strange or was it AMOROSO who just said he was beginning to doubt Crespo's Parma future :) ? What has happened ?

I can't resist a little crack on your part svennis. wasn't it You who made a topic just the other day about limiting transfer gossip :) ? As much as I enjoyed this one (though Juve seemed pretty inactive apart from Crespo), I would say that there's a high ammount of speculation in it... :).

Ciao.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts