Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL!!
:howler:
I think its just that Im young, and have been living in the US for a while now...

I only knew Pele and Garrincha from the 58 squad :flirt::groan::doh::embarass:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Bairrista :D
Why Bairrista? :D Orlando (Bellini's partner in 58, I looked it up afterwards) played with Bellini at Vasco. And in 82 neither of the centrebacks played in Rio... so how does a momentary lapse of memory make me bairrista?

Jeez, you forget the name of ONE Atletico-MG player and suddenly it's a conspiracy from the Rio-SP axis.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
"Qm gosta de passado é museu"

:)

·
Administrator
29,386 Posts
Forgetting Luizinho? Marcio guedismo at beast. Do not deny it, old man.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
8/11 in the 1958 team.

I Don't remember the names of #2, #4 and #5.

The other NTs are easy.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I got 43 out of 44. missed #5 of the 58 team. where's zózimo anyway? I thought he was a starter in 58.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
36/44

6 from 1958
10 from 1982
9 from 1994
11 from 2006
:proud:
6 from 58? ouch, that's great man... I only got 8.

I almost got beat by a foreigner! a foreigner that cheers for barcelona, :yuck:

I'm ashamed! :cry:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I got 41 out of 44. Missed two from the 1958 squad and one from the 1982 squad. Not bad for a young Italian :smileani:

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
43/44

For some reason I kept writing Marinho Santos @ 27, untill I googled it...

To be fair, my pops helped with the upper collumn for 58' (the bottom row is easy), a bit of trial and error with the 82' - but no help needed in the end...

And yes, before someone asks.. I am a geek who collects Panini stickers and plays Pro Evo religiously - I could do the benches too probably :pp

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
To help recognize the 1958/1962 teams, here's a classic poster from back then:

Sadly some of the reserves' names are unreadable, but you can read most of them. The guys in suits at the end are the technical staff.

And even more interesting, here's a sheet of Brasil's squad in the unfortunate 1966 WC, autographed by the whole squad... veterans like Gilmar, Djalma Santos, Zito and Garrincha mixed with upcoming young stars like Jairzinho, Gerson and Tostão, all this plus Pele - but with no organization or plan to turn this roster into a team. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts