Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody on this board like pro-wrestling, such as WWE, or TNA? I swear to god, I've watched this stuff for years, and it still boggles me that Turks like myself can enjoy this sort of thing. Maybe its because wrestling is the ancestral sport and Turks might appreciate it somewhat differently that others.

I'm preparing for the ridicule now. :howler:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Unforgetable games:

Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant

:D

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I also used to watch wrestling. I like the Undertaker, but the modern stuff is not that good. With Batista, JBL(the ministry of defense :D) and those jerks Chris Benoit and Renee Dupree, they are terrible. The Undertaker and Ric Flair is still good though.

And I can still remember those glorious days with Sting, NWO, Wolfpack, Big Sexy, Hulk Hogan and those guys. They were awsome. Rey Mysterio jr. is also always spectucular.

And by the way, RIP Eddie Guerrero.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
nah, you're not the only one doc. Don't worry. There's one self acclaimed marketing manager/ dodgy doorstep salesman who posts on these boards who still regularly watches all this crap and even takes the trouble to watch the PPV events.

k1 and boxing for me :stuckup:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
I still watch it and I still think it's great.
It's entertaining to see crappy acting, guys and girls being through 1cm thick tables, high-flying moves from ladders, people being thrown off a top of a cage, people like Rey Mysterio doing all these backflips and shizzle from anything and anywhere, people getting hit with chairs, some awesome entry music, people like John Cena showing lots of respect to the legends of wrestling like Hulk Hogan, people like Kurt Angle making the whole program entertaining to watch, some very hot women like Trish Stratus and Stacy Keibler and of course someone who eats worms and only knows one move (Pump Handle Slam), don't know him? He's of course this guy:

The Boogeyman!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
ultimate warrior was a beast :D
hulk hogan, the beast, the undertaker ooohh man it was great

but then i realised it's crap and i watched because my dad watched it :pp

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
F0RZA KARTAL said:
Ultimate Warrior was the MAN! (when i was 10 :) )

does anyone remember his speeches :howler:

you'd have a headache just trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about..classic

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I never was a fan of wrestling. Too much drama, too much steriods. Although some of the women they're putting out there lately in the sexed-up version of the WWE are gorgeous :dazed:

F0RZA KARTAL said:
Ultimate Warrior was the MAN! (when i was 10 :) )

I remember an urban myth about him that he overdosed on steriods and that his brother took over as the Ultimate Warrior for the last few years. Anyone know if that is remotely true?

My only other run-in with wrestling is that I knew Jimmy 'superfly' Snooka's sone Kane. We went to rival high schools in Pittsburgh and played against each other in american football a lot, and were on all-star teams together...

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I got into it when I was a 1st year in secondary school (aged 12). Back then Sky TV was new and they showed events on Sky Movies once every three months... The main events were Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series. You only had one world champion (Hulk Hogan), one intercontinental champion (Ultimate Warrior) and one tag team champion (Demolition)... I followed it for a couple of years and then got bored...

My second dose came about when my younger brothers had grown up and got into WCW... They had the nWo black & white against nWo Wolpac thing going on and the storyline was almost soap opera stuff. Most of the old boys were there like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Curt Hening (Mr Perfect), Randy Savage etc... So I got into it until Vince McMahon gots his paws into that too and spoilt it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The reason I had asked that is because someone had a Bret Hart avatar and everyone recognized who he was.

Anyway, I've had an idea of forming a Turkish pro wrestling organization in Turkiye ever since 2002. If anybody is interested I would give some more details.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Doctor Dizdar said:
The reason I had asked that is because someone had a Bret Hart avatar and everyone recognized who he was.
How could we not? He's "the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"... ;) The Hart Foundation were actually one of my favourite tag teams back in the day :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
F0RZA KARTAL said:
Uhhh aren't you a wrestler? cuz you sure as hell look like one :tongue:
:D
I shoudl try out for teh WWF perhaps , my name could be 'Turkish D-Lite'
ANd I can walk around with a nargile in my hand and claim Im going to smoke up my opponents in one breathe :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts