Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today in Sydney there was a fan conference thing for the socceroos and Brescinao was there. I took my Parma jersey and held it up whilst he was having an interview and the interviewer made not of it and Bresc smiled and sort of pointed and waved to my jersey :D

then Later i got him to sign the jersey and had a small chat to him. My italian friend supports Juve and asked him what DP was like, and Bresciano said "Yeah he's not too bad .. he's a bit of a whinger though" :thumbsup: :D

He seemed genuinely nice and was probably taking the most time out of any of the players there to talk to fans and sign stuff. My friend also yelled Forza Parma as he walked away and he turned around and smiled :D He also said he believes he'll stay in Serie A next year :thumbsup: Then again, he didn't specify that it would be with Parma :thmbdown: :howler:

For anyone who cares the other aussies there were Brett Emerton, Lucas Neill, Mark Schwarzer and John Aloisi ... Tim Cahill was meant to but he didn't come :doh:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also when i was walking back i walked past someone who looked EXACTLY like Marchionni .. anyone know if he was planning a short visit to Australia? :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:thumbsup:

Bresciano seems like one of the best players we have in Australia, on and off the pitch. i can't believe how much of a big deal is made over Kewell and Viduka when they don't really give a to$$ about Australia, and have never done anything for us. especially when you consider that someone like Bresciano is younger, better and more comitted to the cause.

What's remarkable is that i remember a few seasons ago, the SBS interviewed both Bresciano and Grella (who at the time were both playing for Empoli), and they both seemed to be very disillusioned by the way they were being completely ignored by the Australian selectors. they gave the impression that no-one from the NT was watching their progress at all.

Credit to them for turning this around and forcing themselves into the side with their performances in the Serie A :thumbsup: . i think everyone here who follows football in Australia appreciates how important they are now :)

also, don't worry about Cahill not showing up to meet the fans, he is obviously to much of a big shot now that he has been given "Oceania Player of the Year" :stuckup:. next thing you know he'll be too big to even play for Australia at all, like some of our other big "stars" :yuck: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm hoping Cahill doesn't turn into Kewell .. he does have the skill though ...

I agree with you though .. but I'll throw in Emerton too .. he seems to care the most about Australian football, and if i remember correclty he's come back for every single australia game here in the past 12-18 months .. even the nothing games against solomns and whatnot ... i think as far as skill goes too Emerton is up there with Bresc and Cahill as our best players imo

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Dredg said:
Yeah I'm hoping Cahill doesn't turn into Kewell .. he does have the skill though ...

I agree with you though .. but I'll throw in Emerton too .. he seems to care the most about Australian football, and if i remember correclty he's come back for every single australia game here in the past 12-18 months .. even the nothing games against solomns and whatnot ... i think as far as skill goes too Emerton is up there with Bresc and Cahill as our best players imo
nah, i was joking about Cahill. he would be pretty keen to play for the socceroos and he seems like a decent bloke. he had to basically bend over backwards to get the chance to play for Australia in the first place after playing for one of those island nations as a kid.

i think he is one of the reasons why FIFA revised its policy on letting players change their nationality after playing on youth sides... which means that now players like the ex Parma youth team star Giuseppe Rossi (now of Man Utd) can play for the USA instead of Italy, for example.

i agree on Emerton too. he is a good player and seems to have the right attitude. the EPL "stars" comment was mostly just a dig at the usual suspects; Kewell and Viduka.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Another aussie thread eh? :pp

Great Bresc!! :cool:

Hopefully he'll stay with Parma next year. Anything is possible!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds great. I was gonna go but had uni - was it crowded there? Also, where did you get that Parma jersey? i haven't seen any around Sydney, which is a bit of a pain. Anyway, lucky you!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend got it for me at a market somewhere .. maybe have been just parklea, not sure. But that was the only one there. It actually doesn't fit me, so it was good i got it signed so i can just put it up on my wall now :D

And nah no photos unfortunately.

It woulda been great if Grella was there too, but I'm still happy.

I'm surprised more of you aren't happy about the Del Piero quote :D I know how much you all hate him and juventus

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I saw that also, GK made a mistake but still good. :)

Czech rep. - Finland 4-3 (the winner scored in 87th minute!) :cool:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Gilardino was absolutely great in the first half, and very tired in the second one. He should've gone down after 65 minutes, in my opinion. Nevertheless, there couldn't be any doubt that he's a deserved starter. -- Bonera was okish, he was fighting quite a lot- either defending or supporting the ofence. I liked him. -- The match finished 2-0 (2x FKs by Andrea PIRLO)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I met Bresciano when the Oceania WCQ matches were being held here in Adelaide in the middle of last year, and yeah, he's a pretty nice guy.

He scored the winner against New Zealand then, too.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Speaking of Bresc, there's been a lot of articles going around here about him wanting to move to a bigger club next year. It doesn't look too good:

Bresciano's big plans
AAP

Socceroos midfielder Marco Bresciano says he wants to stay in Italy but play for a larger club, with Italian reports suggesting Inter Milan is leading the hunt for the skilful Australian.

Ambitious Bresciano could be set for an end of season exit from Parma in what could prove the most significant transfer ever for an Australian footballer.

The 25-year-old from Melbourne, now an integral part of the Socceroos set-up, has been instrumental in Parma's battle against relegation from Serie A.

Parma is sitting just above the relegation zone with nine matches remaining in a fight set to go down to the wire.

But Bresciano, who will play in the Socceroos' friendly against Iraq in Sydney on Saturday night, has made his ambition clear regardless of how Parma finishes the season.

"There's a lot more things I want to achieve in the Italian league and to achieve those things, I probably do have to move again to a bigger club," Bresciano said.

"I'm trying my best and basically we're going to see what's going to happen at the end of the season. I'd like to stay in Italy and maybe win something in Italy."

With Australia's football psyche dominated by the English Premier League, Bresciano's deeds in arguably the world's best league go largely unnoticed at home.

But he remains Australia's most expensive footballer after his $A23 million transfer from Empoli to Parma in 2002.

Any move away from Parma to an Italian giant like Inter, Juventus or AC Milan could lift him in to the rarified air occupied by Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka as our most prominent football exports.

Bresciano admits there have been approaches from other clubs, but when asked who they were, preferred not to comment.

"There is (interest from other clubs), but I'd like to keep it quiet because there's still nothing really concrete," Bresciano said. "I know there's interest from the other big clubs."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts