Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camacho has confessed leaving out Morientes was a serious mistake and he wouldn't have done it, had he had the chance again. Well, at least that's something and I expect to see good 'ol Mori in the Spain shirt come September:D! HALA ESPAÑA!!! :D

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
LABAS!!!!
I just wanted to post the topic myself :) Where did you find his interview by the way?

Well, he didn't say that exactly, he said that he was wrong in not taking Morientes, but La Furia still scored 7 goals. Proud man!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, he's an arrogant bastard! I mean he scored 2 goals from penalties and the rest cam against arguably the worst defenses in the whole tournament - Slovenia and Yugoslavia. think we were very fortunate to get that many goals, especially Alfonso! But I'm glad he admitted it. And I got the info from DailySoccer:cool:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Actually in this interview he says a lot of interesting things in my opinion. Care to discuss any?

As much I have criticised Camacho, I'll give him that much, he's quite something!!! :cool:

G

·
Typical Spanish pride. I love it =)

I haven't had the chance to read the article beyond what I heard on the radio. What else did he say?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
If you speek spanish (this goes mainly for Pablo), it's in Marca Digital http://www.marca.es . You'll bump into the article, it's right in the middle.

If not, I'll try and tell you what I consider as the main things, because it's really big, it will take me a long long time to re-write it in English. Sorry!

P.S. You can always put it through the translator, I know it sucks but maybe you can make something out of it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Euro2000-''I made a mistake with Morientes,'' says Camacho

MADRID, June 28 (Reuters) - Spanish coach Jose Antonio Camacho, who is still having to explain to the nation his team's exit from Euro 2000, said on Wednesday he made a mistake leaving out Fernando Morientes.

Morientes, one of Real Madrid's goalscorers in their 3-0 Champions League final triumph over Valencia, was controversially absent from Camacho's 22-man squad.

The 24-year-old striker had played regularly during Spain's Euro 2000 qualifying campaign.

``I made a mistake with Morientes. I accept that. But we did score seven goals...and that's not so bad,'' Camacho told Spanish sports daily Marca.

Camacho, it's too late now...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, that's not what we want That's the short version, the full one is in Spanish in marca. Still waiting...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts