Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been here for a long time but seldom posting threads.
But now, I just want to declare that, no matter what the result will be, how the team will perform, I will only be the supporter of Argentina alone!!
Although I am not an Argentinian, I feel as if I were!!
Although the result hurts me so much, I still love her!!

Guys and gals, reply if you are the one like me.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
hi AimarRiq...i guess u like Aimar and Riquelme, rite?? :) welcome to this forum...

i myself also like Aimar very much...he was one of the few argentine players who impressed me....along with zanetti...

p.s. u r from Hong Kong, rite?? i m from Hong Kogn too :)

nice to meet u here...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
what's your feeling when the ref blew the whistle?? i didn't watch the game but i was surprised that argentina didn't win...it was a tough season for zanetti because inter lost the scudetto to juve in the last match of the season and now, argentina was 3 games and out in the WC... it's sad to see them going home so early...it's sad to see batigol cry...it reminds me of ronaldo cry when inter lost the scudetto... :(

but that's life...that's football...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see the match either. But my friend(who is a die-hard friend of Argentina) told me about the match situation live through the phone.

When I heard Bati cry, I nearly cried out at the same time. It was just unbelievable. Even now, I still think that it was a dream. It is difficult to accept the truth.

By the way, I think Bielsa has done a very good job, it was just unluckiness.

I love zanetti also. I have bought an adidas Argentina shirt with zanetti no.8 printed at the back, it costs HK$600 but it worths.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It is sad! When the entire Argentina squad broke down in tear, There are so much emotional that filled me at that point of time. Then reality struck to mi that Argentina is out! I still dun believe it. I hope this is a bad dream but it have come true.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
honestly, argentina have not impressed me in the world cup...the nigeria game was a nice win but they didn't play that well...veron was just awful...but they still got 3 points which mattered the most...in the england game, the game could have been a draw if they didn't committed a foul on owen in the penalty box...coz i think beckham was very quiet in that game...but england had several chances which could have killed argentina...owen alone had at least 2 chances...one of which hit the post...sheringham and scholes both had chances to score but failed to convert...argentina didn't really have chances because england's back 4 were very solid and totally shut down batigol...kily and ortega didn't do much against mills and cole...as i said b4, i didn't watch the sweden game...but from what i've read, they didn't really play particularly well and sweden just played most of their guys in defense...and try to not letting argentina score...

it's disappointing to see sweden advance instead of argentina...because people always want to see 2 big teams against each other in the WC...now, france and argentina are going home...who's next???

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I love Argentina too.

Damn seeing you buddy along side with superiver is a great thing and moral boasting....

Argentina you will never walka lone. :love:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea Yea, I absolutely agree man - Argentina are still the best and we'll bounce back. They're my own adopted country as well...

I think the blame has to rest solely with Bielsa. Leaving Riquelme at home I said from the outset was a big mistake, and this was proved. His tactics just didn't work and he blatantly refused to change them, never a good thing to do. I would personally have had Riquelme and Saviola there, along with maybe Farias, Schelotto, Palermo and Traverso.

Cavallero was rubbish, Batistuta is just past it, and I don't know how he played ahead of Crespo, very stupid move that.

But however, the future still looks bright - just think at the next World Cup we could have Saja, Lequi, Garce, D'Alessandro, Mascherano, Riquelme, Farias, Cavenaghi all there - so it's not as if the talent isn't there.

Keep the faith guys!:cool:

Good to see so many fellow Argentina fans:)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wow man, you know about Argentinas football more than some argies :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts