Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miha scores probably their MOST important goal in their history and it's brushed aside like monkey [email protected] Notice how I posted probably, I don't want any Laziale to get their shorts in a knot. But seriously though, Miha helps Lazio win in a house that didn't lose @ home in Europe since '68. And all I hear is what a magnificent come back Almeyda made. R they serious? I think I noticed him distinctly on the pitch perhaps no more than 3 times. Or how Eriksson shouldn't have subbed Salas. Who cares is what I say. Let's give props to the MOST dangerous man in the planet from set pieces MIHAJLOVIC :D :D :D :D :D!!!!! I know I said that I don't post there anymore, but I couldn't help but at least go see what those fans were posting after I watched the whole match. Miha truly was as close to being God as ever I've seen anyone. His defence was excellent. Don't believe the hype that Poyet's goal was his fault. It CLEARLY wasn't from all the angles I saw it at (I have no idea what angles or replays the others saw). I was sooooo excited that Miha scored and that Lazio won that I had to go check out what they were posting. Disappointment and disillusionment is all I found. If anyone here has even an iota of love and respect for Miha, than perhaps the Lazio forum won't be your cup of tea. I know that for myself it left nothing but a bitter after taste in my mouth. If anyone has any insights as to why this phenomenon occurs time and time again I'd love to hear them.

------------------
Later

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
I have given up when it comes to them, let's just hope they'll all appreciate him a lot
more after EURO. And speaking about EURO (maybe I should have started this in another topic, but I am too lazy :)), I think we are going to have one major, unexpected problem - Vladimir Jugovic!!!
He's not playing in Inter, the Inter fans consider him one of the worst buys in a long time, he is certainly going through a crisis. If he doesn't play, what will Boskov do, put him in the team and pray that his magical touch will come back over night??
I think it's time to start thinking about other options, just in case Jugovic doesn't reach top form on time, I wouldn't like that to happen (our chances would really be minimized then) but I hope our coach has something in mind..
If he doesn't , he can reach me on (03) 936 .... :D :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
You're right Grobar,

I mean, it's a team sport and most of Lazio players had a good game, but everybody should know who the man of the match was. However half of the boys, over on the Lazio forum, didn't even mention Miha and decided instead that Almeyda coming back was bigger news. Some of them even said something along the lines of "I feel bad that Nesta wasn't there to experience the joy of victory". Or something like that. Funny stuff, isn't it.

It's obvious who the crowd favorite is, which is sort of understandable since Nesta was born and raised in Rome. And he gets the credit even after a bad game. Hell, he gets credit even when he's back in the hotel watching the game on TV.

The only thing Miha gets after a great game like tonight is they will stop calling for his head in the next week and a half. The first time he slips up even a tiny bit again or goes 4-5 games without scoring a free-kick, you'll see the 'Sell Miha' posts again.

Who cares, it's all momentary fickle opinions anyway. In a year or two it will only be remembered that Miha saved Lazio's ass once again and this time on the biggest stage in Europe.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Miha deserves all the credit for the winning goal plus he played a solid defensive game but Poyet's goal really came after a mistake by Sinisa. First of all he should have cleared that long ball right away instead of trying to pass it. Then when Poyet got the ball Miha slipped a bit which gave Poyet more room. After that he hesitated to block the shot and finally the ball deflected off him unluckily. Of course Poyet's shot was great and mistakes like Miha's happen all the time to most of the players. Only this time it resulted in a goal. Miha more than made up this with his free kick but still: if any player is to blame for Chelsea's goal, it was Sinisa. That is a fact.

Also most of us at the Lazio forum realized Miha's great performance. When we say that Almeyda's comeback was great, it doesn't really take anything away from Mihajlovic, does it?

If you really want to have topics were things like "Miha is god" are repeated over and over, maybe Lazio forum isn't the place to be. We happen to have many great players. I am happy the best set piece taker in the world is one of them.

FORZA MIHA
FORZA LAZIO

M

·
0 Posts
That is such a load of crap, Kafka. First of all, assesing blame for every single goal ever scored is ridiculous. Saying, Miha is guilty for Chelsea's goal is like saying deGoey is guilty for Miha's goal later. Both were simply great shots on the part of the scorer.
Secondly, Miha did clear the ball with his head and rolled it all the way back to the half-way line, where Nedved was waiting for it with his back turned to a defender, when he was brought down 'gangsta-style' by one of Chelsea players. That was such an obvious foul. Everybody hesitated a bit because they were expecting a call from a referee who was bad all night (not just at Lazio's expense), and since no call came, Poyet had an open lane down the middle.
And he took a great shot that was swearving away from Marchegiani. On the way, it caught Miha slightly but it didn't change its path so I hesitate to call it a deflection.

You also say that mentioning Almeyda comeback doesn't take anything away from Miha. Ofcourse it doesn't, I used that just to illustrate some of the posts in Lazio forum after the game, 'cause more than half of them didn't even mention Miha. Some of them were also like: "guess what, ALMEYDA CAME BACK, and, oh, by the way Miha scored a goal that took us through as a first place team in the group".

On the issue of Miha in general, I'm not saying write 'Miha is god' all the damn time, but I'm just surprised that a player having such an amazing skill that he uses time and time again to help the team immensly, and get them out of sticky situations gets so little credit and praise by his own team's fans. Especially after a pefromance like he had last night.

Anyway, this topic is bound to go nowhere. Obviously Lazio fans have their favorites, and who is to blame them for that.

[This message has been edited by Mladen (edited 23-03-2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
i totally agree with you grobar. i am just disscusing with lazio fans about veron. this guy has so many credits in the team but he is playing crap. last night he lost so many balls(out, wrong passes) he was alone in front of the goalkeeper etc.
ABOUT MIHA. against chelsea he played without a single mistake. he was fantastic. chelsea's goal wasn't his fault becacuse he coudn't do anything about it. if he had tried to make a tackle poyet would've easily drible him and the goal would be inevitable. in this case the guy just kicked the ball and scored. miha was on the right place but sometimes you just can't prevent a goal like this. if someone is to blame than it is luca because he had enough time to prepare and make a good save.
about deki: i really think that he MUST leave lazio in order to play more frequently. in lazio he doesen't play on his position and he's forced to play almost always on the right wing while other guys play on their positions even tough lazio hasn't played well so far. for example veron. sometimes this player ruins lazio's game.
ZIVELA SRBIJA!!!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
I tried to fight this fight a long time ago, and it doesn't work. I still go into that forum to read what people have to say, and I'm glad that I don't post there anymore, because some of the things are truly ridiculous. Ridiculous for example is how much these people adore Nesta. Granted, the guys is a quality defender, quality all around player, and yes born andd bred in Rome, great, hooray for him, but for God's sake, I definitely wouldn't put him on my list of best defenders in the world, but in the eyes of the people on that forum he can do no wrong, they idolize him like he's some Pagan God. This goal that Miha scored is probably the most important goal scored for Lazio in the last 10 years...I refuse to give credit for the SuperCup victory because in my opinion that game meant little. Miha pulled a goal out of nowhere when it seemed like Lazio would be the last Italian team eliminated from european competition, Erikson probably would've been fired, and cragnotti would've sold half the team in the off-season (which would all be bad if you ask me). He saved them, yet somehow the people on that forum find a way of blaming him for the Poyet goal....i'm surprised that they didn't somehow credit Nesta with the goal. AS for the incessant clammering about Almeyda and his "come-back" that just goes to show just how much about football these people know. THe more I think about it, the more I figure that these are most likely young impressionable kids who are like the weather in march, changing every day....
and Bookmaker, I read the series of posts about Veron, you were right, I just don't understand why you punish yourself by posting on that forum when you know that you will be mugged. Those people have their favourites and that's that, and then there are the regulars on that forum who everyone listens to like it's some sick cult....
ahhh...
anyway....
zivela Srbija....
forza Lazio
forza Stankovic
forza Miha
forza Marchegiani (he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be...or at least I think...he only allowed 5 goals in the 6 champions league games....that's not bad)

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't think Miha can be faulted with Poyet's incredible long range drive. But Miha was the only one near Poyet, so it's natural that some people will blame him for the goal. Maybe Miha should've marked him closer, but then if Poyet had beaten him on the dribble and then scored, Miha would've gotten flak for getting beat. Miha was simply unlucky; Poyet scored an excellent goal.

Miha received a lot of praise, mostly immediately after the game. If he hasn't received enough, it's only because we've come to take for granted that he scores on freekicks :). I don't think us Lazio fans have done any wrong to Miha. Now if someone started saying how we should sell him, then you could yell at them on our forum and I'd be disgusted as well.

Miha should get more credit, I agree, but he's been pretty consistent lately, so nobody's surprised. Almeyda's been out of the lineup for a long time and everyone's excited about that, so that explains why there's so many posts about that.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
OK, now you say I was blaming Miha for the goal... well what if you read my post. I said " if any player is to blame for Chelsea's goal, it was Sinisa. " And I mean that. So Miha is not to blame for it because it came from a good shot but also it's ridiculous to say he played that situation well. And also whenever a shot hits a defender, it will change the ball's path. And definitely it did this time. Look closer.

And clearing the ball on a long ball like that means heading it back to Chelsea's half with a high header. Miha didn't do that and this time it was wrong decision. I too think it was a foul but that doesn't change it. If anything is wrong with Miha's defensive play, it's just that: sometimes he tries to make too pretty plays.

Read this post and my previous one. Am I really blaming Miha? But facts are facts and as much as I'd like to say Miha didn't make a single mistake last night, he did.

That doesn't actually mean I don't appreciate him. After all, he's my favorite player in Lazio.

L

·
0 Posts
I saw the Chelsea-Lazio match and I have to say Miha played really well, probably the best in a while.

On the topic of why he doesn't get enough credit, well thats simple he's a SERB no matter how good our players are they will never get the recognition they deserve. Maybe if he changed his name to Nesta (no offence to Alessandro Nesta, I quite like him) or take his Italian wife's name then he might be credited. Otherwise he can score goals for Lazio every single match and it still wouldn't please those on the Lazio forum.

Sorry if I offened anyone, but I'm just speaking the truth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts