Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leeds United are set to lose out to Parma in the race for Fenerbahce midfielder Milan Rapaic.
Boss David O'Leary has baulked at Fener's £6.5 million asking price, while Parma are prepared to offer Matias Almeyda in part-exchange.

Croatian international Rapaic was seen by O'Leary as a straight replacement for transfer-listed Lee Bowyer.

From Tribalfootball.com

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I don't want Rapajc. He is a good player but he is not getting any younger and he is not exactly someone who you can trust as he is both incosistent and injury prone. Too moody, too old for our projects, too much of a "mercenary" (in his days at Perugia he couldn't care less about the team, only about himself), and finally has to big wages.

Junior is a better player and along with Seric they should form a nice left side. And Matuzalem can play on the left side to, AND Nakata.

A player we don't need in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always thought highly of him, but maybe you are right. We need players who have total commitment to the club. I must say that this club-feeling today is vanishing, it is all about money. I can´t think of many teams who have this feeling except maybe Chievo and Athletic Bilbao. How old is he anyway ?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't want him, mainly as the reasons AMO said. We have many players who can play there and I would rather have the cash from Almeyda so we could spend it on younger talent.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
At sportal.it they said that we wanted to offer Rapaic to Leeds for Kewell...

Yeah, I know... But you should never say never... ;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
You guys are insane if you don't want Rapaic.

Amo is right about Miki being inconsistent and injury prone, but you forgot lazy:tongue:

But you are wrong about one thing, when Rapaic left Perugia he wrote a letter to the fans that was posted on the official website and it is as follows:

"Friends of Perugia, I leave this beautiful city and everything that it represents with great sorrow. After four years, it's been hard for me to leave, but a footballers destiny is always uncertain. I go to Turkey led by an interesting economical perspective, but that does not exclude that I could come back and play in red and white again. I salute all of you and most of all President Gaucci, and his sons Alessandro and Riccardo who have believed in me from the start. I love the 'Griphons', and when you walk on Corso Vannucci kiss the city which has made Rapaic a serene man".

-------------------------------------

Mind you it's a translation so the English is poor.

So he's not a mercenary, at least no more than any other player that plays this game and how many of them take the time to actually write a letter to a team they left? Did Thuram do it? Hmmmmmm.....

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes but that doesn't make him a better player. Why on earth would we want him when we have all the named players?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ehm Ivo, Thuram is a class man who loved Parma as much as a foreigner could love a team. He captained Parma and left only it was clear that Parma could not win a scudetto anymore. Dont bash Thuram and dont compare him with Rapajc. Its an insult to a man like Thuram.

Ok, so Rapajc loved Perugia. He is still injury prone, unstable and lazy, who Parma doesnt need him. Even if he loves Perugia. :D

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Don`t forget that he is a smooker....He smokes about 25 ciggarets per day have i heard. ....:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read an interview with Rapaic this week. I think it was on onefootball.com. Rapaic said he is returning to Istanbul.

He does smoke a lot, true. Turkish newspapers have been writing about it a lot last season. But I doubt this stops him from scoring.
Hubner smokes even more and he was the top scorer in Serie A last season.

Maja

http://zoranmirkovic.tripod.com/
Zoran Bata Mirkovic's official website

·
International
8,545 Posts
Amo, please don't make such comments as it's simply not possible to prove them. One cannot prove the "level" of love a player has for a club, it's just wishful thinking on your part:D

Thuram left Parma because he wanted to win a scudetto yes, so he's just as selfish as any other player that plays this game. I know y'all love Thuram here but don't take him for something he's not. He could've wrote a letter but didn't, I guess that means he loved Parma more than Rapaic loved Perugia, it doesn't make sense, but most people in the Parma forum don't make sense anyway:D:tongue::D Completely blinded by the love of the club and I mean COMPLETELY!:D

Anyhow, hopefully Rapa does go to Parma as that onefootball story is prolly a fabrication as most of their stuff is. If that day comes, you'll all be singing his praises, especially you Amo;)

See you, in September
See you, when the summer's through:D

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
IVO said:
Amo, please don't make such comments as it's simply not possible to prove them. One cannot prove the "level" of love a player has for a club, it's just wishful thinking on your part:D

Thuram left Parma because he wanted to win a scudetto yes, so he's just as selfish as any other player that plays this game. I know y'all love Thuram here but don't take him for something he's not. He could've wrote a letter but didn't, I guess that means he loved Parma more than Rapaic loved Perugia, it doesn't make sense, but most people in the Parma forum don't make sense anyway:D:tongue::D Completely blinded by the love of the club and I mean COMPLETELY!:D

Anyhow, hopefully Rapa does go to Parma as that onefootball story is prolly a fabrication as most of their stuff is. If that day comes, you'll all be singing his praises, especially you Amo;)

See you, in September
See you, when the summer's through:D
If I wasn't blinded by my love for Parma, I'd take some of those comments as insults.
But since I am, I don't take any offence. :tongue:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You guys don't know the real reason why parma wants Rapaic.........When he played in Perugia, there was always the man next to him, the man who was kicking all the big club's asses with Rapaic. The man is Nakata. I remember Nakata and Rapaic in perugia was showing some real great combinations and played really well together. Do you remember Parma even lost against them before?

If Nakata is staying, it is wise to get a player like Rapaic who knows how to be used by Nakata on the pitch.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The only way we would be interested in Rapaic was if we got him as part exchange for Almeyda. But Almeyda refused to go to Turkey...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
what's the latest with Ante Seric??? is he coming back to Parma or leaving? i heard Bologna were interested in signing him.

thanx.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
We gave our half of Seric to Verona as part exchange for their half of Gilardino. Poor deal if you ask me but the club want to build a core of italians at Parma and Gilardino is an azzurrini striker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts