Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in signing French international midfielder Christian Karembeu at the end of the
season for 1 million pounds ($1.6 million). We had already speculated that Karembue could come cheaply to Highbury, not to say that he hasn't got any qualities.

Although he is contracted to Real Madrid until 2003, he said he wants to leave the Spanish capital after making only 11 first-team appearances this season.

Meanwhile, Arsenal is also interested in an exchange agreement with Barcelona that would bring Dutch internationals Ronald and Frank De Boer to Highbury, with Marc Overmars moving to the Nou Camp. The Gunners would also have to pay 3.8 million pounds.

Ronald and Frank de Boer souns tempting, but no Gunner fan wants Overmars to leave no matter who the replacement/s might be. And would Van Gaal really trade 2 Dutchmen for 1, I thought he only wanted to expand his Dutch contingent.

Davor Suker's proposed move from Arsenal to West Ham could be off after Croatia Zagreb made a bid for the 32-year-old striker.
Maybe Suker would rather want to finish career in Croatia.

Add to that, Emmanuel Petit is set to join Real Madrid at the end of the season for 8 million pounds, the sale of Petit will help finance the 18-million pund bid for Ruud Van Nistelrooij.

[This message has been edited by Driver X (edited 10-04-2000).]

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
how come karembeau is allowed to leave real for so cheap? hasnt he been playing well or something. if that's the case. then i think wenger should leave him alone.

bringing in frank and ronald de boer for overmars, in my opinion would be good. frank is central defence, and a defender is needed BADLY. ronald is also good, and overmars has once said he wants a challenge somewhere else, so why not let him go?
or why not just bid for frank himself. he's been out of favour for the past few weeks, so maybe vg would be tempted to let him go. or maybe bid for a non-dutch defender eh?

on suker, he can go where ever he likes. hope he goes to croatia, so arsenal doesnt face him in premier league

and is v.n really needed? wouldnt you rather have petit instead of v.n? why not bid for recoba....brilliant player. could trade petit and money for him..heard inter want petit

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

[This message has been edited by Loose Moose (edited 10-04-2000).]

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Karembeu to Arsenal is a good move.
Ronald and Frank to Arsenal for Overmars is good also. Two quality players for one and chump change is a good deal.
Van Nistlerooy to Arsenal is very very very bad. Let Wenger find unknown proven talent at a bargain price.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
where do you read this??
teamtalk?
we all know teamtalk is only bull****.
overmars probably joins barca but de de boer brothers will also stay there.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
1 million pounds for karembu well thats what i call a bargain

well rvn has gone to man utd for 19
arsenal should buy salas
and de boer bros for overmars would be good left wing could be kewell or nedved but they are too expensive so wenger could try a youth player like hes been talking about

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if arsenal can sign karembeu with only that amount of money, well good for you.

deBoer brothers would fit arsenal nicely.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Karambaeu has not been playing for Real M hence the price tag but £1 million sounds a bit too little. The guy is going at the end of the year plain and simple but I think that it will be for £3 million.
As for the de Boer rumours, Frank will stay but it is likely that Ronald will come. He has staed that he would like to play in the PL but the problem is he is injured a lot, good player though.
About Barce getting Overmars, it seems strange to say it but maybe Van Gaal will not bring him in. He is likely to sign Hasslebaink from Athletico as they need a forward and Overmars seems to shadow the play of Rivaldo. Also Barce had to pull out of the Spannish cup as they did not have enough players, 6 of them were on international duty with the Dutch team and it could have been worse if Hesp wasn't absolute sh!te.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arsenal has made an 8-million pound bid for Villa defender Garry Barry.
Also Wenger is interested in 3-million pound Rennes right-back David Sommeil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts