Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't commented here for a while,

But after last night's game i feel like i need to get a something of my chest...

I f***ing hate Ji Sung Park, the player is not MUFC material, period.

How is it that he is selected to start constantly?!?!? he is picked before Giggsy or Nani, players with a lot more talent & quality!

I'd rather see Fletcher on the right wing & Ronaldo on the left, before i see Park start another match!

Yes, i understand that he plays with a big heart, & his work rate is unquestionable, but the series of misses last night....what a disgrace!

All the other teams know he is our weakest link, & thats why he gets so many chances...they leave him unmarked, because they know he won f***ing score...

I have never questioned SAF's selection skills....but to see Park start every game is too much for me, it actually brakes my heart....i found myself rooting for boro to score, just to wake SAF...a player cant make these mistakes in front of goal & stay unpunished!

One of these days, that 1 goal lead just won be enough & we will concede...Not to mention the fact that evnetually, the goal difference proved to be valueable last season...

We need to wake up....fast...because if we wont...the title is lost...

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Look through the papers and you´ll hate the good critics he still got. :D
SAF seems to like him thats why he plays.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Incredible. He might not be the best player at the club, but the criticism he is getting is nothing short of disgusting. Take away that shocking miss last night and he has been one of our best performers in the last few games. He constantly attacks the full back, and gets past them, something Nani, Giggs and Ronaldo aren't doing much this season (prefering to pass back into midfield). He is always looking to attack, he's not scared of getting a shot off, he's a good passer of the ball and he puts in a shift getting back to help the full back.

What some of you idiots don't understand is you can't play Nani and Ronaldo if you play Rafael too. In a year or so, when Rafael develops good positional sense, then you can start doing that.

If Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov put their foot through the ball and stuck it in the net a lot more than they do, then things like Park's miss wouldn't really matter.

The fact is, a lot of you are spoilt *****, if you supported United in the 70s and 80s, you'd have probably topped yourselves. You don't win titles with a team, you win them with a squad. Park will never be as bad as how Fletcher and O'Shea were in the past 3 years. Do you all forget Bellion, Kleberson, the Djemba twins, Liam Miller et al?

I don't know why I bother, you bunch of *****.

EDIT: I didn't read the original post all the way through, but just noticed this gem:

.i found myself rooting for boro to score
**** off, we don't need people like you supporting United.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I actually thought he was our best player yesterday along with vidaa, despite missing loads of chances. He is clever little player. If only he had more strength and could stay on his feet more he could be a real handful.

By the way our worst player yesterday, or for that matter been the worst for some time now is Ronaldo.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Wow, I actually kinda agree with PB, but feel dirty for saying that ! !

One of the reasons united have been so successful over the years has been as much their strength in depth as it is their first team players. O'Shea, Fletch and Park are vital to uniteds season long ambitions.

That said, this thread only further highlights the difficultys most fans have with giving balanced opinions on their teams and their players. You should be ashamed of yourself or go support . . . Pool I suppose as they are top at the moment ! ! ;)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I have not had it with Park. Sure he had a big miss, but he is a very useful player. He can pass the ball well, he has pace, and he certainly has heart.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
i found myself rooting for boro to score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! :nono:
Hehe, I overlooked this to be honest. Or my brain just ignored it. LOL

Park can´t be critisized because of the missed chance yesterday. He never was a goal machine and he´ll never be. But he has other qualities.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
nani > park ..interms of talent.

But i wont go as far as " ive had enough of park".

For some reason fergue thinks that he needs to start ahead of nani.
And about giggs, we all know that he can't regularly start matches. so i would have expected nani to be the immediate replacement. but fergue thinks other wise.

its not park's mistake that fergue is starting him. he will always give 100%for the team. Players like fletcher, oshea are a key part of the winning machine.

All the other teams know he is our weakest link, & thats why he gets so many chances...they leave him unmarked, because they know he won f***ing score...
:drunk:

Intresting logic:smileani:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
By the way our worst player yesterday, or for that matter been the worst for some time now is Ronaldo
difficult to say if he was the worst player. but his contributions to the cause are lesser comparable to previous year.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
park is good when he comes of the bench every once in while NOT when he plays 90Min almost every game and misses SOOOO MANY easy chances not just that one, he just doesnt have a killer instinct at all.

dont play him 90Min and let him anywhere near the goal.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
difficult to say if he was the worst player. but his contributions to the cause are lesser comparable to previous year.
Contribution to the cause :confused: did he contribute any. May be negative effect on team.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
park is good when he comes of the bench every once in while NOT when he plays 90Min almost every game and misses SOOOO MANY easy chances not just that one, he just doesnt have a killer instinct at all.

Hey manc...he is not in the team to score goals like ronaldo's and the rooney's. and frankly we shouldnt expect the 'killer instinct" from park when all the star forwards are lacking it these days.

Yes he may not have the killer instinct. hes no Eto'o. Iam not justifying his miss. Iam just saying that he has got specific qualities and he puts his 100% and uses those qualities.

When ever fergue has used him tactically hes done the job. Sure i would like to see nani play ahead of him and play well and show his potential. but i dont think its fair to expect park to be the goal scorer.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Contribution to the cause :confused: did he contribute any. May be negative effect on team.
mmmm.. i wouldnt go that far mate. I would simply say this his contributions are not as expected. IMO NAGITIVE EFFECT is going too far...

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Any kind of behavior like the stuff ronaldo exhibited will always go down badly on the team. Behaving like a god and acting as if the entire world watches the match only for him is a disaster in making. I don't know whether he is playing for us wholeheartedly or its just him, but surely he thinks more about himself than is warranted . That selfish image can work for 1 season. When he is still proving himself. Now with all the awards, all i think he is doing is acting like god and not like a player on pitch.

Plus guess what, he is not running anymore. All he is doing is take the ball pass it back. I didnt see him beating a single player with pace. All he is trying is fancy tricks and pass back.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
He's very good playing in tough matches like Barca etc but not against routine what should be easy beat league matches.

He lacks that spark in the final third, he's very reliable and will give you legs, but we're playing against 11 men behind the ball now, only the best can pierce holes through those defenses.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hey manc...he is not in the team to score goals like ronaldo's and the rooney's. and frankly we shouldnt expect the 'killer instinct" from park when all the star forwards are lacking it these days.

Yes he may not have the killer instinct. hes no Eto'o. Iam not justifying his miss. Iam just saying that he has got specific qualities and he puts his 100% and uses those qualities.

When ever fergue has used him tactically hes done the job. Sure i would like to see nani play ahead of him and play well and show his potential. but i dont think its fair to expect park to be the goal scorer.
totally agree with you man, what i was referring to is that he should be used somewhere or somehow where he doesnt have the chance to be infront of the goal that often, i mean he gets more chances than anyone out there recently and thats just ridicules, these chances should come to berba, rooney or ronaldo or even nani as you've suggested yourself, not only that! you see when he misses the chances then he tries to make for'em by not passing and going for goal which results in more wasting of good chances...

like i said park is like salt, when you have too much of him he is unbearable.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Yes he is a good player and all that. But surely he doesnt have enough to be a regular in the team. I think he getting more playing time just to have more miles under the team :pp . But anyway he is good but not good enough to start every match. Nani should start more. He is losing his confidence slowly. We should give him more playing time and i think he will surely shine. He is a much better crosses and much better dribbler than ronaldo for sure.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts

It's not his priority to score goals. Rooney on the other hand...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts