Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All since the highly infamous Vigo match there Sweden lost to Spain i had doubts for Tommy Söderberg as coach for the Swedish national team.

My doubts get even worse in the Qualification match on Wembley against England there Paul Scholes was sent off. I could not belive what he did then he took out an offensive player and sent in a defensive player. Instead of grasp the opportunity to kill the game by play with counterattacks when england had one players less than sweden he settled for 0-0.

I win there should have gave the team some three points and some marginal to the runners up in the group.

It come clear to all that Tommy Söderberg is not the right coach for sweden during Euro 2000 instead of getting forward to gain three points against Turkey he settled down for a draw in one of the most boring ames in Euro history.

Oh yeah Sweden is a tought team to meet but that will not give them any friends with the boring play they have. And i dont think Sweden will get thru i am sure he is happy to have made three 0-0 matches and get third place in the group.

I hope he is kicked and sent to an siland far far away from Sweden after this comming nightmare summer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Very true

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
DO everyone actually believe we have the players to play attractive AND win matches.

With the players we have we would be humiliated if we tried to attack, against teams like Argentina it would be worse than an humiliation...

Instead of grasp the opportunity to kill the game by play with counterattacks when england had one players less than sweden he settled for 0-0.
Yes it was an strange decision (as is quite often), but you don't play counterattack against an team that are one man down... they do.

It come clear to all that Tommy Söderberg is not the right coach for sweden during Euro 2000 instead of getting forward to gain three points against Turkey he settled down for a draw in one of the most boring ames in Euro history.
Those are of course the matches where we should try to attack more. But as i see it, it is not only an problem of coaches the problem is that we don't have the players needed. We don't have an Limpars, Brolins or Strömbergs anymore. Selakovic, Svensson and Zetterberg can duke it out with Turkey at their best, but against England, Argentina or Italy we would be killed if we had several offensive players of their class on the field.

Realise this. This team is nowhere close to the quality of the one in -94, Lars-Tommy is not to blame for that. That doesn't mean I agree with them on much, which I don't. the only thing I agree on is that we can't play an fluent attacking football and win.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I agree with JKris, we don't have the capacity to play like Argentina or the Netherlands, we don't have a Davids or a Veron on our midfield, we defintly don't have a Crespo or Kluivert in our attack, altough Ibrahimovic is maybe on the right way.
Söderberg is simply playing after what players he has, and at the moment, we don't have offensivly skilled players.
The 94 WC squad was a bit more entertaining, but back then we had players like Brolin, Dahlin and Schwarz, who could make an impact both back, but specially forward.
Perhaps the coming generation that seems to be very talented with Källström, Ibrahimovic, Farnerud, Elmander can make Sweden play more entertaining. I mean looking at the players we got today, we should be happy that we even reached the WC :dazed:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Man who are demanding us to play like Argentina or netherland?

Lars&Tommy dont know much about football, therefor there are complaints ( or at least in ost cases)
Their selections are just plain and simply stupid.

We qualified for having a verey good defense, the best in the group.

For the coming generation its looks brigth to say the least and many new players must be tested after WC.
The only weak spot in the future could be strong defensive midfielders`s...

Källström and Aubyn must be given a chance.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Gollum said:
For the coming generation its looks brigth to say the least and many new players must be tested after WC.
The only weak spot in the future could be strong defensive midfielders`s...
Don't worry about defensive midfielders, they pop up all the time, hte thing is that we have so many that none get any attention. And the press are not that interested in them either.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what did i say!!!!!!!!!!!

People always missunderstand me for sometimes ibvious reason to discredit me or say that i dont know anything.

Well i feel that i have to say it again Beacuse you seem unable to read bewteen the lines. I dont expect Sweden to play like Argentina i want a Sweden who at least try to go forward.

Qoute this It is always better to try and loose than to not try and loose. It is that i go after ALWAYS.

The point in football is to score goals not to trash the other teams play with boring world war I football. I think you all can agree on that.

För you who are from Sweden i can advice you to go to http://www.dn.se and read in their fotbollsforum wich you can find in the football section in under the sports section.

I write under the name Relay there and my Anti Tommy Campaign have going on since summer 1999 there.

A good example of a country who treid but lost but gained alot of friends was Slovenia in Euro 2000 positive football gave good matches. Even if they didnt won they tried and made the crowd happy.

Well wich rolemodels is the best Slovenia against Yugoslavia or Sweden against Turkey.

Norway is a warning example how it often goes for smaller teams who try to rely on defence. They didnt gained many friends outside their own countries in World Cup 1998 or in Euro 2000.

Teams like Norway dont desrve to even qualify to the tournaments if they rely on that and the same goes for sweden.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
So what is the best? lose three games 1-2 or draw three games 0-0? With those three draws we need just one goal to qualify. in those 1-2 losses we need an couple of goals to win.

But that is not the important thing, We don't have any quality to attack. against Argentina we hardly will touvh the ball regardless of how many offensive players we put on the field. Realise that our players are not better than going for an draw and trying to counterattack into an win against them. It is not the same story against England, but against them we will surerly be punished if we open up the spaces. Players like Owen would love that, Beckham is usually worthless if he is man marked for the whole game. england woul laugh if we put in some offensive players like Källström and Selakovic and tried to attack, one or two offensive players can do good in an otherwise good defensive Swedish unit.

Considering our player material I think Lars-Tommy have done good. An manager like Cappello would never coach Sweden, he would see the lack of quality players and decline. Compare the players and which clubs they play in with some other teams and come to the conclusion that we don't have the best players. But we do have an good TEAM.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
oh here we go again...

Lars/Tommy is completely worthless.

They have one single tactical system that they use all they time and it doesnt suit the current players, they surely lack courage and is so afraid to try new things its scary, their selections are silly, they cant predict match sequences( the sub A.Svensson against England) ,and most importantly they are so unconseqvent...? its stupid and lets their personal chooses decide things.

And if you can not see the potential in Källström then i dont know what...
Remember Brolin at WC 90?, and T.Svensson tried to test younger players in WC 94 Larsson ,Blomqvist etc

Once again, who the **** are talking about playing offensive football in this WC???!!!
Seriously stop missreading my words all the time...

Why dont give some Real arguments for defending Lars/Tommy instead?

:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I dont know if Lars-Tommy is the problem. I think if we would just leave out the LARS then Tommy would do much better. Lasse har to be the most boring and evil person in this universe. I believe that everytime Tommy suggests that they should use a young, creative or enjoyable player Lasse starts crying and says that he would rather use TURBO SVENSSON and since Tommy is like a little teddybear who dont want anybody to be sad he lets Lasse has his way.

So I say; LOOSE LASSE AND LET TOMMY TAKE US STRAIGHT INTO THE KAKEL...

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
It is easy to say that an coach is bad, I would say that is said about 99/100 coaches and at least 6/10 is under heavy criticism.

Everyone can take an game that was not won or was not won in enough style and point out something they believed was an bad decision. Appreciation only comes when something is done over expections and that is where Lars-Tommys biggest problem lies. We expect to much from Sweden, look at teh players they have avaiable and where they play and how important they are at their clubs. I am not impressed, compared to the previous Swedens I seen we are far inferior.

I remember when Cappello wa sfired after winning the Spanish title with Real Madrid, that was an fun example of high demands. He was fired because they didn't play attractively enough.

If we all had not overestimated Sweden we would have seen qualifiqations for Euro2000 and WC2002 as the great achivements they really are. We did go trough these competitions without losing an single match. I had big expectations too, but I have not realised how unfair we are before I heard all the other criticism against them and completly without arguments it is. Noone have said anything more constructive than "We need Jesper Blomqvist in the team". Jeppe? an player that has been injuried for two years, never impressed with the national team and have played what? 5 games?

The thing that bugs me most about them is there stubborness to not use wingbacks. and well the usual they should have picked him instead of him things.

Look at the teams that did not qualify and ask yourselfs if their players are inferior to our players, teams like Yoguslavia, Romania and Norway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My doubts have increased to a new red alarming top level.

Okay he is bad very bad a dsiaster.

No Kim Källström
No Stefan Selakovic.
No Bojan djordic
No Jesper Blomkvist
No Per Zetterberg

Instead he take Håkan Mild and that really show how capable he is. Is it anyone who remember that he took out Roland Nilsson in the team for Euro 2000??

I wish your Tommy lovers whould ever learn that YOU HAVE WRONG.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Matte, I guess you'd like to put on Källström to dribble through Zanetti and Vivas :wth:
Lets get real, Sweden aren't even close when it comes to creative players that Argentina has. I can agree that not taking Källström in was a mistake, but to say Mild should be left out is to underestimate his defensive skills.
I think we should take a look at the fact that Argentina has better offensive players than us on EVERY SINGLE position, prolly even the keeper :dazed:

We have to defend ourselves with the material we have, which are defensive skilled players, and try to score counter attack goals.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is clear that you others dont understand anything!!!!

Well for me it is clear read my firts post in this thread and try t read between the lines. I dont expect Källström to dribble thru Zanetti.

Listen it is better to try and loose then not to try and loose. Mild really stands as a symbol for the type of football i really dislike. And the excuse that we are a small country and cant play other kind of football is bull****.

Slovenia played a kind of football i like and so does Denmark both failed to get thru but they gained many friends during their Euro 2000 campaign. How many friends did Norway and sweden got with their stupid boring football. Norways superdefensive really showed that they are not a role model to take after.

The same goes for Sweden who really showed how bad it is with that kind of defensive football. Denmark was the best Nordic Team in Euro 2000 not Sweden or Norway.

I dont expect miracles but i expect a will to play constructive football there they want to go forward not backwards.
The trainers in the highest league in sweden seem all to be inbred and baked in the same form.

No kick Terror Tommy and go back to square 1 with a foreign coach this time cant be worse than what we have now.

For you who are from sweden read mine and Tompas threads in this swedish forum I am Relay there.
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=647&previousRenderType=1

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Matte?

lol Bojan Djordic???!!! ,you got to be kidding us?

And why would Zetterberg be there?, if both Källström and A.Svensson already been selected.

Whats wrong with R.Nilsson? Do you tend to forget that he had a head injury in euro 2000?. Considering our lack of sidebacks i understund the selection of R.Nilsson.

LOL and did you see Slovenia against Romania;)

Kris
Yes alot of people do expect to much, but am not one of them.
I just see two jokes of a coaches in Lars/Tommy.
Lars/Tommy havent airchived anything more than one good qualification against a rebuilding Poland and a crappy England.

Cracker riiigth:rolleyes: They way you reason things are just silly...;) lol why do you have to compare us with Argentina ;)
, we should play defensive against them.
And Mild can be a usefull player but he havent played a game for months for god sake, when already M.Svensson and P.Andersson been/is in similiar situations it not verey smart, and way to risky.

I repeat, i dont want us to play offensive. We should be doing what we are best at, defend!
But that doesnt change the fact that Lars/Tommy lacks most things to be good coaches.

specially now when the younger generation is better than ever, mostly offensive and indidvually speaking i think we should get a someway more flexible coach.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Re: It is clear that you others dont understand anything!!!!

Matte said:

The trainers in the highest league in sweden seem all to be inbred and baked in the same form.

[/url]
I dont agree, Allsvenskan is better than ever.

Landskrona, Djurgåden, Örgryte is examples of teams who was rare a couple of years ago.

Sure we still have coaches like Cratz or Prahl, but overall speaking the quality of fotball in Allsvenskan is soo much higher nowadasy.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Re: Matte?

Gollum said:

Cracker riiigth:rolleyes: They way you reason things are just silly...;) lol why do you have to compare us with Argentina ;)
, we should play defensive against them.
And Mild can be a usefull player but he havent played a game for months for god sake, when already M.Svensson and P.Andersson been/is in similiar situations it not verey smart, and way to risky.

I repeat, i dont want us to play offensive. We should be doing what we are best at, defend!
But that doesnt change the fact that Lars/Tommy lacks most things to be good coaches.

specially now when the younger generation is better than ever, mostly offensive and indidvually speaking i think we should get a someway more flexible coach.
Maybe I missunderstood you, but it did sound like you wanted us to play like Argentina or something...or maybe that was Matte :undecide:
Anyhow, you can't be a total fool and making it to the WC, and thinking of the players we have, I think they've done pretty well. Sure, the WAY we've done it might not be the most interesting I agree :yawn: but it sure is EFFECTIVE! :strong:

And while we're at the subject of why Helan&Halvan doesn't play younger players migh be coz they know things we don't. Do keep in mind that Lars-Tommy were coaching the U21 NT before becoing senior NT coaches, I think they know who and when to select a youngster.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Not much argument there then Gollum, i agree with about everything in your last post.

Matte is an funny guy. :) Djordovic?

The difference between Slovenia and Sweden are our difference in football. Slovenia comes from the Yogsulavian football culture and they have not been called Europas Brazil for nothing. Personally I don't think they played in that pleasing way. They defend, defend and counter. Like Sweden but with more style, but as I said that have to do with their football culture. Denmark good in Euro2000? playing good but losing won't take you anywhere.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want to lock him in. (asylum)

Terror Tommy will scare the **** out of any asian guide in Japan and Korea when he comes and shouts. They might think he is mad.

Well he is mad and in middle June it will be clear to all how mad.

He will fail it is written in the stars belive me.

and the former U21 Coach is even Worse lets burn Göran Göransson at the stake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts