Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a problem with my computer the problem is that before my laptop was ok and i could play videos and play video games but since i reinstalled windows xp in it when ever i play media player it says error and when i play games it says you do not have a video hardware accelerating card can somebody please help me i am really bored because i cant do anything with my laptop:depress:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
You probably have to re-install the drivers.

Do you have the disks with them on?
You should have got them with the laptop originally.
Have you logged on to Windows update and downloaded all the upgrades/bug fixes?

Either that or take it to a computer place and get them to sort it out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the problem i dont have the drivers and i dont think they gave it to me but i may have lost it if they did give them to me but does the windows update help.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Ouch thats bad :(

The updates sometimes fix things, so it might be worth a try.

Failing that ring up where you got it from and say to them that you have this problem, and say you have always had it! ;) Or ask them to give you the driver disks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just hope windows update helps because i bought the laptop in switzerland and now i am baased in kabul afghanistan.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Check your display adapter to see if its ok/correct:
Right click your desktop> choose properties> settings> advanced> Adapter. If its not the correct driver installed - then it should be easy to tell & if there's a problem with the existing driver it should tell you if you click on properties.

If you don't have the driver for the graphics card, but have some sort of idea what make of card it is - you might want to try their site and try to find their latest driver.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
it's hard to find the latest driver if we dont know the VGA Type even we know it's NVidia for example.
you should open the official site of your laptop provider and find your laptop specifications. perhaps there's an information about what vga do you have then get the latest driver at its site :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
two more problems to make it worse one that its sight doesnt have the drivers to install but they do tell me what type of vga it is and i did find the card on the internet but when i downloaded and when i wanted to install it it said it cant install it because your windows is pirated.my windows is pirated because you cant find the original copy in afghanistan.i took my laptop to every shop in kabul to the best in computers but they couldnt solve the problem they all say that either i have to find the driver cd here in kabul which is impossible since the version intel celeron hp pavilion ze4200 never came to afghanistan as afghanistan only has dell toshiba compac hp etc laptops but not hp pavilion and the only other option left is to go back to switzerland and give the laptop to the place where i bought it from so that they will fix it for me but the problem witht that is i dont have its reciept anymore and going back to switzerland and coming back to kabul will cost me twice more than the original price of the laptop plus it will waste so much of my time so it doesnt make any sense.thats why i dont think there is any solution but one thing that i myself fixed in it is the sound and video it didnt have video and sound before too but i here in afghanistan i found windows xp 2004 and it had service pack1 in the cd so when i installed windows xp 2004 the sound and vcd video got fixed but there is still no video accelerating card so i cant play DVD's and video games:( .

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
have u try to find that driver somewhere else. perhaps someone made the crack . if not, wow it's difficult to solve. good luck super_giggs :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
woah slow down tiger. i can help you out. what video card is it? just tell me that. what type of net connection do you have? am i write in guessing that it is sattelite?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts