Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this time last season i was so much more nervous than i am now, now i really amn't nervous at all, IMO the best we can hope for is 2nd place and i know some will say im being a pesimist but look, Inter are playing lazio, lazio may draw or beat them but then again they may intentionally lose the game, Juve are against Udinese, thats a walk over, Juve will win that game i know it and then theres us, we have to be Torino in Turin and hope for another 2 scores, its not up to us to decide but it looks to me Juve have the Scudetto and ill say congrats but this season away from home we've been so bad and i cant understand what the hell it is, i think we've only won something like 5 games away compared to 10 last season, what happened, we have a rock solid defense and a tough middle but its probably the attack, Bati didnt preform all season long and now Montella has taken the reign and got i think like 13 goals this season, thats as many as Shevchenko and Crespo and this despite missing the first half of the season but lets call a spade a spade i shouldnt be critizing us especially when we are still in reach of our goal, anythings possible, i wont talk about formations or anything, Totti is out, Capp and Candela are back, thats about it. At this stage i genuinely feel the best thing we could do is go down (if that will be the case) fighting, lets hammer Torino and then God can decide the rest

FORZA ROMA:proud:

·
Registered
359 Posts
romafan53, I beg to differ;)

I think Inter will beat Lazio easily, Lazio has no motivations at all, playing in the UEFA cup does not give you the same $$$$$ as playing in the Champions League and Lazio rather see Inter as the new champions than Roma(Their biggest enemy in the world) or Juventus(The team that has won the most scudetti in Italy, enough reason for Lazio to not give them yet another scudetto and make them EVEN more successful in Italy).

Juventus will smash Udinese with doppietas or even hat-tricks from both Trezeguet(can you believe he's played ALL 33 games this season? Wow!) and Del Piero because Udinese has nothing to play for and were saved from relegation with an unexisting pk in the last minute last week at Lecce:rolleyes:

Roma may beat but could also draw at Torino because Roma have not been able to win a single away game from the Olimpico in ALL the second leg of this season, how unbelievably pathetic is that? Even Fiorentina and Lecce managed to win a game away from their stadiums in the second leg of this season but Roma couldn't:rolleyes:

Read what Batistuta said:

Roma, Batistuta non molla: "Puo ancora succedere di tutto"

Batistuta ci crede ancora, malgrado tutto; malgrado continui a sbagliare reti con una continuità spaventosa, malgrado la Roma sia terza in classifica a una giornata dal termine. La parola "mollare" non rientra d'altronde nel vocabolario dell'argentino, come lui stesso si appresta a sottolineare: "Vietato mollare, può succedere ancora di tutto. Gli ultimi campionati sono lì a dimostrarlo. Se non dovessimo vincere noi, allora spero che ci riesca l'Inter. A Milano ho molti amici, compreso il presidente Moratti. Con lui c'è un rapporto di reciproca stima".

He said that if Roma can't win the scudetto then he hopes Inter will win it because he has many friends in Milano including their president Moratti.

Lets face it, this season Batistuta hasn't had the hunger he had last season because he ALREADY WON THE SCUDETTO WITH ROMA LAST SEASON and he was already satisfied because he had achieved what he wanted when he came to Roma and that was winning a scudetto, and it is obvious that without his contribution of goals this season Roma had the IMPOSSIBLE task of remaining first. He only scored 6 goals this season while last season he scored 20 goals. Roma missed and needed the goals that Batistuta didn't score this season and without his goals it was IMPOSSIBLE to remain first. Period.

Lets face it, Roma will finish third this season, just like Milan finish third the season after they won the scudetto and just like Lazio finish third the season after they won the scudetto.

1998-1999 Milan wins the scudetto

1999-2000 Milan finished third

1999-2000 Lazio wins the scudetto

2000-2001 Lazio finished third

I expect Roma to also finish third like it happened in the previous seasons to Milan and Lazio the season after they won the scudetto.

Next season you will see that Inter will finish third after having won the scudetto this season.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Roma should have done better in the away matches this year and not winning in the first 3 matches of the season with only 2 pts. won was a handicapp for all the season.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I really don't understand why you are so preoccupied with the Lazio-Inter clash. there will be 80.000 fans in Olimpico on Sunday hoping for a Inter win but I seriously don't know how that will effect our players. I expect that if we do lose we will probably get blamed for it in years to come, but let's take a look at roma's game. Torino is bitter rivals with Juve and it's just as likely that they will throw their match as Lazio will throw theirs, but noone seems to pay attention to this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Inter is gonna win the scudetto, it has been a trend in Serie A for some time that the team that hasn't won a scudetto in ages goes and wins it. It all began with Lazio, then Roma, then probably Inter and next season probably it will be Parma(for the first time ever they will do it believe me). Serie A has become very predictable in these past few years, after the Milan/Juventus domination of the 1990s it was then -the every year a different team that hasn't won in ages goes and wins it.-

·
Registered
296 Posts
laziali said:
let's take a look at roma's game. Torino is bitter rivals with Juve and it's just as likely that they will throw their match as Lazio will throw theirs, but noone seems to pay attention to this. :rolleyes:
Because Roma is in third place and even if they beat Torino it won't matter as long as Juventus wins. If Inter slips it will be Juventus who would benefit from it, more than Roma because Juventus is in second place and have the easiest game of all three contenders.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There's no way that Lazio will throw their match since they are desperate to get at least a UEFA Cup place!

I think Roma will have the easiest opponent becos frankly Torino doesn't have anything to fight anymore.

As for Udinese & Juve, well Udinese will need at least a point to make sure they stay in Serie A. So it's gonna be a hard match.

Lazio-Inter, well I think both teams will be looking for a win so expect a lot of goals or maybe not.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Remo said:
Juventus will smash Udinese with doppietas or even hat-tricks from both Trezeguet(can you believe he's played ALL 33 games this season? Wow!) and Del Piero because Udinese has nothing to play for and were saved from relegation with an unexisting pk in the last minute last week at Lecce:rolleyes:
Actually we will have alot to play for because we are still with a chance to get relegated, very big chance infact. But you are correct that Juve will probably smash us because our team is playing pretty poor at the moment, I just hope that the team can play like they give a **** for once!!
Also what happened with the penalty against Lecce in the game last week? I didn't see the game or any goal highlights.

INTER CHAMPIONS 2001/2002!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Week 34 - 5/5/02
Torino – Roma

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Roma are still in with a shot at the title, President Franco Sensi has already raised the white flag. Nonetheless, anything can happen in the final 90 minutes as the reigning champions are just two points off leaders Inter.

Francesco Totti returns to the starting line-up along with Vincent Candela, who sat out his one-match ban, but Antonio Carlos Zago remains sidelined with a sprained ankle. The Brazilian has played his last game for the Giallorossi as his contract expires this summer.

Roma have lost most of their points away from home this season and hope to at least rectify that tendency on the final day. All Fabio Capello’s men can do now is try to win at the Delle Alpi and wait for news from Udine and Rome.

Not that Torino will make life easy for them, of course. "We can still qualify for the Intertoto Cup with a win against Roma," assures Giancarlo Camolese. "Unlike Udinese, we and Lazio still have an objective to aim for."

Jose Maria Franco is again given the nod ahead of Cristiano Lucarelli due to his sparkling form of late. If a penalty is awarded to the Granata, Marco Ferrante may shy away from the spot after missing two out of two last week at Venezia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torino: Sorrentino; Garzya, Lopez, Galante; Comotto, Asta, Vergassola, De Ascentis, Castellini; Ferrante, Franco

Roma: Antonioli; Panucci, Samuel, Aldair; Cafu, Tommasi, Emerson, Candela; Totti; Batistuta, Montella

·
Registered
152 Posts
Udinese is mathematically safe. Under any tiebraker at 40 points, they would win all of them due to having the best record in direct encounters against the other teams that could have 40 points in the last week. Udinese are therefore mathematically staying in Serie A even if they lose to Juventus. They have nothing to play for but pride.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
cytyx said:
Udinese is mathematically safe. Under any tiebraker at 40 points, they would win all of them due to having the best record in direct encounters against the other teams that could have 40 points in the last week. Udinese are therefore mathematically staying in Serie A even if they lose to Juventus. They have nothing to play for but pride.
Really?
I thought if Udinese lose and Piacenza, Verona & Brescia win, Udinese will face Brescia in play-off.
And isn't that head to head rulz used only when there's 3 teams that has the same points?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Piacenza and Verona will play eachother, so there's no chance for Udinese to end worse than equal on points with all the other 3 contenders. In that event Udinese will have the best head to head record. Udinese CANNOT go down. It's impossible.

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Head-to-head record? Isn't there supposed to be a playoff if teams are equal on points?
If you are right that's the best news I heard all day. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I read that Totti is still injured and will miss the Torino game. He's been injured and missed so many games this season its not funny.:eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Roma to beat Torino
Toro’s matches have been verboten for most bookmakers since the match-fixing allegations surrounding the 1-1 draw with Bologna and this is likely to go the same way.

Torino are playing worse than a shadow of themselves and nothing in their recent matches suggests they can contain Roma who looked rampant in their 5-0 win against Chievo. Coupled with a damning performance of incompetence from Marco Ferrante, who missed two penalties and three other shots on goal, Toro look finished for the season.

Roma striker Gabriel Batistuta’s goals have dried up for the time being but Vincenzo Montella is compensating adequately. Coupled with Emerson and Antonio Cassano making up for the absence of Francesco Totti and there is no reason to doubt Roma’s chance of winning.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/betting.html

·
Registered
159 Posts
superEva's predictions for the final games of the season

Schedina totocalcio di domenica 5 Maggio 2002

L’Inter dovrebbe farcela anche se la Lazio potrebbe strapparle un pari. Disco verde per Juventus e Milan. Rischia la Roma a Torino. Favorito il Piacenza contro il Verona. In B incertezza a Reggio mentre la Samp dovrebbe tornare alla vittoria. In C1 prevale l’incertezza con difficolta’ per il Catania ad Avellino.

1) Brescia-Bologna 1X
Il Brescia, nonostante la sconfitta di Torino, rimane in un trend ascendente e quindi ha segnali complessivamente positivi. Il Bologna al contrario, nonostante la vittoria sulla Lazio, mostra ancora residui di indicazioni negative. Pertanto escludo la vittoria in trasferta.

2) Chievo-Atalanta 1X2
Incertezza a Verona. Il Chievo e’ in trend discendente ma anche l’Atalanta accusa importanti segnali contrari. Do preferenza al pari con leggera chance di vittoria ai locali.

3) Lazio-Inter X2
La Lazio ha interrotto il trend positivo a Bologna ed ora ha segnali negativi. L’Inter mostra segnali neutri e quindi potrebbe espugnare l’Olimpico. Non escludo pero’ il pari.

4) Milan-Lecce 1
Il Milan ha positive indicazioni per conquistare la Champions League. Segnali neutro-negativi per il Lecce.

5) Parma-Venezia 1
Il Parma e’ in vista di alcune resistenze. Il Venezia, dopo il previsto risultato utile contro il Torino, mostra ora indicazioni contrarie. Fiducia agli emiliani.

6) Perugia-Fiorentina 1X
Il Perugia, perdendo a Bergamo, ha iniziato un trend negativo e quindi questo incontro potrebbe presentare qualche difficolta’. E’ favorito ma non escludo il pari.

7) Piacenza-Verona 1X
Il Piacenza, dopo due sconfitte consecutive, e’ approdato sui supporti e quindi ha indicazioni per un risultato positivo. Il Verona inceve ha ancora spazi in discesa e quindi e’ il Piacenza il favorito di questo incontro.

8) Torino-Roma 12
Il Torino e’ in fase calante ma anche la Roma ha importanti resistenze in vista. Escludo il pari (il Toro pareggia da 4 turni) ma assegno maggiori chance di vittoria ai granata.

9) Udinese-Juventus 2
La Juve dovrebbe concludere con una vittoria il suo campionato. L’Udiense ha segnali negativi.

10) Reggina-Siena 1X2
La Reggina mostra (molto) timidi segnali di ripresa mentre il Siena e’ sempre piu’ incanalato in una serie negativa. Partita da tripla.

11) Sampdoria-Messina 1
Per la Samp e’ ora di tornare alla vittoria. Infatti puo’ sfruttare il trend negativo del Messina che segnala un alta probabilita’ di sconfitta.

12) Avellino-Catania 1X
Partita incerta in cui pero’ vedo difficile una vittoria esterna. Il Catania ha alcuni indicatori malmessi

13) Reggiana-Pisa 1X2
Incertezza a Reggio. Entrambe le squadre hanno indicazioni positive. Preferenza al pari con maggiori chance di vittoria per il Pisa.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Whoever said Torino doesn't have to fight for anything anymore is wrong because Torino can qualify for the Intertoto if they beat Roma. They still have an objective to look forward to and by beating Roma they can reach it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Torino is not an easy team to defeat, specially at the Delle Alpi so Roma will have to play a very good game to defeat them. My concern is that Roma haven't won away in the second part of the season:eek: so it won't be easy defeating Torino.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Who gives what if we win this game, i'm hoping we will, but Lazio is going to throw away the game so their Papas Inter can win the game, and i don't see Udinese putting a fight against Juve, we are doomed, 3rd place for us, the best we could do. dammit, i still think that we have the best team in italy, so many mistakes....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts