Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching La Ultima Palabra today, it's a soccer program from Argentina, and they interviewed a journalist who works with the NT, he's been to almost all the games and practices, and he said what will most likely be the final 23 for Argentina, he even said the starting linup for the fiorst match vs, Nigeria, here it is:

----------------------Burgos------------
---------------(Cavallero, Bonano)

Pochettino--------Ayala----------Samuel
(Chamot)--------(Quiroga)-------(Placente)

---------------------Simeone----------------
--------------------(Almeyda)-------------
Zanetti--------------------------------Sorin
(Husain)

---------------------Veron--------------------
--------------------(Aimar)--------------------

Ortega---------------------------------Killy
(Caniggia)----------------------------(Piojo)

--------------------Batistuta--------------
--------------------(Crespo)-----------------

* Solari and Gallardo are fighting fot the last spot, with Gallardo having the upper hand, since he's been in Bielsa's squad since the beginning.

* Vivas will go instead of Chamot if he recovers in time for the WC.

There you have it, no Saviola, No Riquelme...

Hopefully Vivas will recover in time, so he would go instead of Chamot.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Hmmm......:cool:
So, Sorin is being played as a mid rather than a defender? I was just wondering....did he play as left-winger or left-back against Germany?:rolleyes: Actually I though Kily might play as left-mid......
As for Solari and Gallardo, I know that Solari can play in place of Veron or on the left like he often does for Real Madrid, but is Gallardo so versatile too? Personally, I would prefer Solari over Gallardo:) Dunno about Gallardo's form but Solari has been most impressive recently:cool:
Chamot.........:eek:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorin usually plays as a left mid for Argentina, Killy used to play in this position, but now he plays as a left winger..

Solari is more versatile than Gallardo, but the thing is, that either Killy and Placente can play in Sorin's position, while we might need three playmakers in the WC, even thougb i would like Solari to go too, he's a great player.

I agree with you about chamot, i don't think any Argentine Nt supporter wants him on the team..

·
Registered
544 Posts

(Vivas)-----------(Chamot)-------(Quiroga)

(Husain) (Placente)

dont ever say vivas will miss WC-2002:mad:
he will make it and will be recovered..!!!!
i love vivas so much, whit out him on the lefetback argens defence will not be agrssive. take a look at the qualifikation no one enter's vivas position..!!! thats it Vivas will make it untill WC-2002:eek:

·
Registered
544 Posts

(Vivas)-----------(Chamot)-------(Quiroga)

(Husain) (Placente)

dont ever say vivas will miss WC-2002:mad:
he will make it and will be recovered..!!!!
i love vivas so much, whit out him on the lefetback argens defence will not be agrssive. take a look at the qualifikation no one enter's vivas position..!!! thats it Vivas will make it untill WC-2002:eek:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got it right this time, well yes, we all want Vivas to recover in time, he did a great job in the qualifiers, and if he recovers, then Chamot won't go....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Did Vivas used to play for Arsenal? Or am I thinking of someone totally different? If he did, he wasn't much of a player. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he used to play for Arsenal, he has never been very much of a club player, he plays well for the NT,.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
leg100 said:
Did Vivas used to play for Arsenal? Or am I thinking of someone totally different? If he did, he wasn't much of a player. :rolleyes:
That was a bad patch for him. After his move to Inter, he has changed significantly.....and of course as Stevie said......he always plays better football for the NT than for his clubs;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah Riquelme the ethernal dilema

A very talented player, probably the best player currently playing in the american continent right now, he's very loved by almost all the argentinians and foregnersm the problem is that Bielsa already has three players for the playmaker role: Veron, Aimar and Gallardo. and Riquelme hasn't shined in the few times he's been in the albiceleste, therefore Bielsa prefers the players i just mentioned.

A big loss for us, but after the WC, he will be shurely called...

·
Registered
589 Posts
If Saviola isn`t picked I really think that Bielsa and the rest are too stuipid he has had a marvellous season and scored 15 goals in the league and 4 in the champions league...That is much more than any other Argentine...

If he don`t go I really don`t want you to win it but if he goes...Then I want you to win it.

I really like Argentina and I think that the man with the brightest future should be selected...Think of the future will Caniggia be a part of the next world cup????++ Is he really better than Saviola he plays in Scotland and has scored 5 goals !!!!!!!

Piece of **** I hate it...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
C'mon man, you call yourself an Argentina supporter, but you don't want us to win if Saviola doesn't go?, i'm a Batistuta fanm, and i want him to be the starter, but if Crespo is the starter, i'm going to support him and Argentina, so we can win our third WC.

Saviola is a great player and he'll have other chances, remembner Diego in '78?, he'll help us defend the title in Germany 2006

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
SZeppelin75 said:
C'mon man, you call yourself an Argentina supporter, but you don't want us to win if Saviola doesn't go
If you might notice on the left column, he also supports Brazil and Holland:dazed: :tongue: So, his remarks are fully understandable:)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How can you support Brazil and Argentina at the same time?, and Holland?:mad:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don`t see that a problem I like all those teams playing style....Do you find that strange maybe ????? Since I am not born in Argentina or Brasil I think I can like them both and Holland as well they all play some great attacking football just like Barca...

If you have a problem with that I can understand that I mean I don`t like Real Madrid but they play great...

I really like the way both brasil and Argentina develop their youth but I get really annoyed when they don `t use the talent like Riquelme and saviola in the nt...

Cheers

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts