Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i say so not for the club marchena plays for, but his attitude! :stuckup: i'm sorry to say that he is very negative in my mind. :skull: i can say he does well as a defender. but what i see from my eyes tells me that each time he seems to tackle just by putting down others with hands or crashing! and after being whistled by the referee, he always complains as if he was the victim! :mad: really he is a rare one whom i find very negative. :tongue: :groan:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Real said:
i say so not for the club marchena plays for, but his attitude! :stuckup: i'm sorry to say that he is very negative in my mind. :skull: i can say he does well as a defender. but what i see from my eyes tells me that each time he seems to tackle just by putting down others with hands or crashing! and after being whistled by the referee, he always complains as if he was the victim! :mad: really he is a rare one whom i find very negative. :tongue: :groan:
If you feel this way about Marcehna then you must really hate Helguera:rolleyes: The King of "What....a foul?...on me?...."

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'm not a fan of Marchena either, I've rarely been impressed by his skills, too physical and not so technical or intelligent for me. Fortunately for them Valencia have plenty of world class defensive players like Ayala, Albelda and Baraja who are better.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ziad said:
He certainly was a victim and had a right to complain on the penalty whistled against him in the Real Madrid game!!!

Ziad
sorry, i didn't see both of the legs for this action for justice. :D
barça said:
If you feel this way about Marcehna then you must really hate Helguera:rolleyes: The King of "What....a foul?...on me?...."
they are exactly the same except for their skills just like bailemos has just mentioned below.
bailemos said:
I'm not a fan of Marchena either, I've rarely been impressed by his skills, too physical and not so technical or intelligent for me. Fortunately for them Valencia have plenty of world class defensive players like Ayala, Albelda and Baraja who are better.
barca. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I personally think he's a very good defender. With Pellegrino's form dipping this season, I think him and Ayala make a very good central pair.
And for a defender, he's not bad technically. He's also still young and has a lot of room to improve.

Ziad

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Barca,

No Hierro so now Helguera is the victim of that same comment? :D

Helguera is a bit emotional, Marchena is more of a butcher...or maybe just against us :rolleyes:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
He's not a butcher. He fouls alot and is what you would call a dirty player but he doesn't try to injure players on purpose or anything.

IMO, he's a good defender, he does make some silly mistakes from time to time but overall he's good enough to play in a top club. Plus, he's good on the ball which is an advantage too.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Yeah I don't see how somebody can come in here and criticize a player when they have a player like Helguera in their team. They need to look at their own team first.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well, from live matches I have watched, I was well aware of Marchena's style of play. He is indeed a quite dirty player and his play acting skills are superb :tongue: But as long as he fulfill his duties as a DC, I see no fault in whatever so.

:D

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Go easy on me guys, i said maybe its just against us! :eek: he tends to be more aggressive against us.

and its not you like you guys are much better (the anti-madrid clan). If we had Gary Lineker in our defense (the player who was never booked), you would still call him dirty! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts