Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dare you, after today. How many more games like this would he need to convince you? To all tifosi and stranieri alike, Buffon is our greatest keeper ever. Thank you GIGI!

·
Administrator
53,532 Posts
Which is weird LL because the only thing has ever made him human was not being great at pks. If he makes showstopping saves like this one regurarly, he will in overall become the immortal he is on open plays :star:

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Which is weird LL because the only thing has ever made him human was not being great at pks. If he makes showstopping saves like this one regurarly, he will in overall become the immortal he is on open plays :star:

You didnt see him much in Parma then ;)

He was the first keeper in Serie A to save an Il Phenomeno PK.

·
Administrator
53,532 Posts
I did, I have seen him in his entire career, and the only thing a goalie does that he has not been absolute best at as he is in overall, has been his pks. There are several gks who are experts on them, and he hasnt been one of them.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...and don't forget the PK Buffon saved versus South Korea in 2002.

My God, today's match was almost just like that one. Valid goal ruled offside, BUffon saves a PK, only thing left was a bogus red card.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
It was natural he'll lose his penalty form after his years at Juve, he probably figured there was no need to train this anymore. ;)

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I was working and serving customers while tyring to watch the telly, so wasnt really nervous at the moment, but glad he saved it... our strikers are a bunch of wankers because if they could finish what is served to them we may be going to this France game needing just a draw.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
A free kick by Rat? and another shot by Mutu in the pk area.
don't get me wrong good saves, but nothing to shout home about. If he let those 2 shots go in he would have been very disappointed with himself. the mutu shot was a good save but was at the right height for him, while the Rat fk was a standard save imo

·
Registered
34,801 Posts
Yeah, but you were so sure he was gonna take that Mutu shot, and not spill a rebound on Rat's shot etc.

:star:

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Yeah, but you were so sure he was gonna take that Mutu shot, and not spill a rebound on Rat's shot etc.

:star:
if he does then that would be shit keeping, honestly I thought he had 6 game today (8.5 if we count the penalty and what it meant at that time in the game :D) those saves were standard saves, nothing special. Every half decent keeper would turn the rat fk around the post and the mutu shot was a great height for him but still a good save.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts